This range presents an excellent buying opportunity, me thinks

#83 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

at 800c ... is that enough of a pullback?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#84 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

M waiting for the proverbial pullback, if it happens (hoping it never comes though)

#85 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

M waiting for the proverbial pullback, if it happens (hoping it never comes though)

#86 Vintage_Strat

Vintage_Strat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

This share has been the best performer in my portfolio as well..

Currently 18% of my portfolio.. Not sure if taking a gamble and adding more to my holding would be wise..

perhaps double my holding for the short-term..? Where do you guys see this stock going?

#87 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

big thanks flexbender for making this thread and bringing ADI to my attention.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#88 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Touched R9.00 today!

I've been adding to my position in ADI recently, again. Best performer in my portfolio.

No plans to sell anytime soon either.

Well diversified with regards to the industries they serve.

A third of revenue is coming from the rapidly expanding Education sector.

Recently acquired Aquilon that operate in another of my favourite sectors, Energy.

Management is expanding the business into Africa.

delta,

I also tread carefully around smallcaps (was burned hard in '08/'09) but I've been confident in holding ADI ever since buying 2 years ago. If you're looking for a smallcap, look for one in IT, and if you find something better than Adaptit, let me know...

- not the most impartial post (sorry) but hey, it's good the share the winners too...

F

#89 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

picked up small sum @850.  could of/should of waited for cheaper price but view is long term.  still little nervous playing in this sector(smallcap)..but willing to give  a shot, looks promising

#90 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

I picked some up @570 as a speculative trade just before they announced their results a few weeks back... sold today at a 30% return.

I got lucky... wait for a pull back now.

looking to get in for LT punt..waiting for retrace 6.50 - 7.00

I hope it does Delta... But the way this share is going, it reminds me of Curro in the early days...

#91 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

I picked some up @570 as a speculative trade just before they announced their results a few weeks back... sold today at a 30% return.

I got lucky... wait for a pull back now. 

looking to get in for LT punt..waiting for retrace 6.50 - 7.00 

#92 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I'm just hoping it will be after 3yrs...

In fact, I would like to know what it would take for Adapt to be included in the Top 40?

#93 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

30 Jan this year I bought at 544. It's now trading at 824. With this rapid growth it's a very attractive stock to invest in, especially at these prices, but does anyone have any idea when this stock will slow down its run?

#94 louis_v

louis_v

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I think long term this share will grow a lot more. Short term it might pull back a little, but will carry on rising again.

There strategy is exactly the same as EOH. They acquire company after company. Each acquisition provides more revenue giving them increased revenue year after year.

EOH also at one stage was at this price with a high pe, didn't stop it from growing and it is a lot more now. If you just look at SAP capabilities you will see eoh acquired several companies (satrino,sct,farranani,hetu,corps, Siemens it, etc) to cover all SAP modules and they have over 300 consultants just in sap space.

adapit bought swicon for sap hr, bought acqula for sap mining capabilities. They still need to acquire more companies to cover other sap modules like bi,eim,scm,database,realastate, etc.

So I guarantee there will be more SAP acquisitions to complete portfolio so that they can compete with other sap partner power houses like eoh, t-systems and bright house.

They will also do the same on oracle and Microsoft side of business. Lots of growth coming.

I'm going to hold long term.

#95 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Sale went through at R8.00 this morning!

Loving it! 27 PE... I'm almost sure this will end in tears for someone (over the short term).

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#96 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sale went through at R8.00 this morning!

#97 besem

besem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks ADI, its been real. Got into this ticker three years ago (at 50c!) and offloaded most of my holdings today. Nearly a 15-bagger in just over three years! :wub:  Insane... can't really justify holding them at these levels. Might get back in again when the pullback comes - I still like the fundamentals of the company. 

#98 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

It featured on share shootout with thumbs up.i like it had low debt if any at a point in time.just hope the human intellect capital is equally rewarded in compare to its share performance as that is fundemental in it.yeah cashing out somewhat is an option also<br /><br />

#99 smiley

smiley

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Got into this at R1.45  :P

This share has ran to hard and is unjustified at this price. However the hype goes on.

Perhaps time to sell  :o

#100 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

bought at 1.30 sold it for another and rebought at 2.30.<br />hoping for LT with good indusry sector client enterprise solutions microsoft oracle sap so seems to have a good tech spread although quite heavy on microsoft.would be nice to see it go mobile acquisition....hoping for an eoh outcome

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting