814 replies to this topic

#761 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hey Goliath

Aside from the usual avenues of info my take is...

They have the best BEE deal going on the JSE suffice to say the majority shareholder is a man of colour ( hope that comes across PC) and also the chairman.

Their executive is multiracial and also major holders in fact management are the biggest individual shareholders last I checked.

They have acquired an Eskom take off agreement of 700,000 tons of their own coal per year from 2012-2015.

I say their own coal as they have an extremely well run trading division for both domestic and international markets(all be it small internationally) got to be honest eh!

The trading division is decades old from a company called Chandler coal so they deliver etc...

They have just appointed a guy to run their mining division after dreadful sub-contractor interactions.

This new guy has them now going underground (shallow depths) to extract.

Recently though the game changer is this, basically a swop with Xstrata, Wescoal gets a very good surface operation (greenfield) for their underground mining right.

This is a company that has had a significant gain of late but I feel that this could be only the start.

I'm waiting for their results and will either buy more or put what I already have in the bottom drawer, not selling as this could easily see R2.00-R2.50 by this time next year.

Hope this helps. Buy next week in the R1.20's or in June you'll be buying in the R1.30's

Disclaimer- I am bald very bald 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#762 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Tell us a bit more about Wecoal Soutie (if you don't mind!)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#763 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hay  Southie . thanks for tip on Wescoal.. You said this one will go above R1.00 soon.. I bought at 89c..Now R1.25!!

Thanks mate.. may just sell out soon and make about  40%   gain in 3 months!! :)

Hey HDB 

Glad to see someone took it up... I'm waiting for their results should be really good this time around.

You may have noticed chunks being bought up which is unusual for this counter.

I'm not about to say it's attracting institutional support as I can't be sure.

I'm a big fan and it's my largest single holding 34% of my portfolio.

Give it another week or 2 and all of the mid R1.20's will have been exchanged.

Results due mid to late June and this one is getting on peoples radar for sure.

Still 40% in 3 months is fantastic trade just buy a stupid wig will the winnings to wear round the house sometimes.

Cheers. ;)  

#764 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hay  Southie . thanks for tip on Wescoal.. You said this one will go above R1.00 soon.. I bought at 89c..Now R1.25!!

Thanks mate.. may just sell out soon and make about  40%   gain in 3 months!! :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#765 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Waiting on results for 2 of my larger holdings, Ellies and Brait SE.

Decent ones should push them through R10 and R40 respectively, me hopes.

#766 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Must admit guys, CML is shining brightly still.. should've listened to you in September gamma, lesson hard learned! :(

Happy with what I've got now after trial and error, but jealous nonetheless in you CML guys!

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#767 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Actually it wasn't 10 years ago Orca...it was around September 2009 that it was around R7.50. Less than 4 years ago..can you believe it!

Actually I first held CML from around R6 then sold at R10..thought I was being clever  :ph34r:

Now I'm averaged in at 18.50 and I plan to sell when the moon turns to cheese.

Same here gamma, also bought CML first at around 19.00 and added over the years and sitting now at 24.45 incl cost. Will add to my holding if we get a decent

correction.

#768 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

..... Sorry R47. 

Which was a couple of days ago...

Bev

#769 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think you mean R7.40 10+ years ago or R17.40. I bought first time at R12.40 in 2010. Over the past 10 months, I have doubled my money.

..... Sorry R47. 

Bev

#770 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

I think you mean R7.40 10+ years ago or R17.40. I bought first time at R12.40 in 2010. Over the past 10 months, I have doubled my money.

Actually it wasn't 10 years ago Orca...it was around September 2009 that it was around R7.50. Less than 4 years ago..can you believe it!

Actually I first held CML from around R6 then sold at R10..thought I was being clever  :ph34r:

Now I'm averaged in at 18.50 and I plan to sell when the moon turns to cheese.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#771 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hallo Orca,  I must say I'm so impressed with CML.  Got in @74 there about and look where it is today.  Pity I did not add more at the time. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#772 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

What are the chances of Vod being taken over 100% by Vodaphone uk in next 6 months???? :rolleyes:

cautiously optimistic we'll see R40+ by end year or with some luck perhaps earlier.

Your guess is as good as mine. Can't tell you whether it would be a good or bad thing either.. although, if you look at the ABSA Barclays deal then I wouldnt be too optimistic.

Anyway, I closed off my short. So sems I'm long again... Isn't it fun chasing one's tail :angry:

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#773 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

If you would like some more at R74 please drop me a line!

#774 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

At R74.00, your broker ripped you wholesale!! :D  :D

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#775 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hallo Orca,  I must say I'm so impressed with CML.  Got in @74 there about and look where it is today.  Pity I did not add more at the time. 

Bev

#776 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Into BIL today at 25200.

#777 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

What are the chances of Vod being taken over 100% by Vodaphone uk in next 6 months???? :rolleyes:

shorted VOD CFDs to hedge my long position. Bloody annoying. Thought we turned the corner..

HDB

#778 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

News on Fin24 stated that auto sales up by 19.5% since last April. Perhaps MTA will react to this.

cautiously optimistic we'll see R40+ by end year or with some luck perhaps earlier.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#779 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

News on Fin24 stated that auto sales up by 19.5% since last April. Perhaps MTA will react to this.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#780 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Put my thinking cap on and decided that R28K expenses with selling and buying back in is not worth it. Probably as always will miss the bottom and loose more. We have lived through many bad news and May months since the crash and survived.
Since there is no repeat of a major Lehman Bros scenario, I will just stay in.

Stay in...also divis for CML comming up soon

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting