909 replies to this topic

#181 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

i remember the thread many years back..made a LOT of money from CML...thank you my friend :)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#182 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sigh.. in all honesty this should have been done when it was in the 30s when orca was getting flak about his views on cml.  

Read the link and am reminiscing on those old days. Actually, I started hyping CML at R14 when I first bought it. Sold and re bought it but have held for the 3 year tax thingy since 26.70.

Had I stayed in, I would be R7M richer. :-( 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#183 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

This shall be the third time I have bought this share, previous two I took my profits and reinvested elsewhere which I regret, so maybe marriage for keeps this time, 3% in three days is fabulous.

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful" (Mae West)

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#184 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Let's see the results but my target is 140-150 by year end.

hahahaha. Lets not even repeat the things that were said back then!! it'll be blasphemy now! the real question is where does it go from here and things are looking pretty green still.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#185 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

If you want to amuse yourself...and put into perspective the stuff you read on forums..go an review the discussions about CML a couple years ago.. very entertaining

http://www.sharechat.../msg/12524/0/0/

hahahaha. Lets not even repeat the things that were said back then!! it'll be blasphemy now! the real question is where does it go from here and things are looking pretty green still.

It is what people actually did in the stock market that counted – not what they said they were going to do. - JL

#186 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Sigh.. in all honesty this should have been done when it was in the 30s when orca was getting flak about his views on cml.  

If you want to amuse yourself...and put into perspective the stuff you read on forums..go an review the discussions about CML a couple years ago.. very entertaining

http://www.sharechat.../msg/12524/0/0/

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#187 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Bump  :P  :P  :P

It is what people actually did in the stock market that counted – not what they said they were going to do. - JL

#188 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Told you guys to accumulate on weakness in the 50s and then the 60s.

Now after a few months of slumber...

Bump  :P  :P  :P

Edited by gamma, 06 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#189 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

That's my new favorite phrase, dominant.
Stop profit!

Perhaps look at moving your stop-loss (or stop-profit it sounds like) higher so that you don't lose gains, and hold on until interim results 20 May to make a decision.

#190 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Thanks Delta and Dominant. That's exactly how I will work it.  :)

#191 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that's holding cml cfds with a medium term perspective? (I've been trading long enough to understand the risk of doing this) 

Im holding cml cfds and its very much in the green but ive been thinking about the how long i'm willing to hold onto cml. 

It's also become a zero risk trade (except losing the gains). So with the performance of this stock does it not make sense to hold onto it for a medium term? 

I also dont have time to get in and out of stocks quickly as I'm busy during the day. So trading and constantly watching isn't an option for me right now. 

Any input on this will be interesting. 

currently holding medium term cfd on cml..working out great.  6% trailing stop

#192 dominant

dominant

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPaarl

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Perhaps look at moving your stop-loss (or stop-profit it sounds like) higher so that you don't lose gains, and hold on until interim results 20 May to make a decision.

Edited by dominant, 06 May 2014 - 03:34 PM.

Cash is a fact, EPS is an opinion.

#193 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that's holding cml cfds with a medium term perspective? (I've been trading long enough to understand the risk of doing this) 

Im holding cml cfds and its very much in the green but ive been thinking about the how long i'm willing to hold onto cml. 

It's also become a zero risk trade (except losing the gains). So with the performance of this stock does it not make sense to hold onto it for a medium term? 

I also dont have time to get in and out of stocks quickly as I'm busy during the day. So trading and constantly watching isn't an option for me right now. 

Any input on this will be interesting. 

#194 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

IGM had some bad tiering margin requirement changes for CML suddenly this weekend, which was rectified this afternoon (back to 15%), causing me a serious scare and some reshuffling in my portfolio. Anybody else had problems with margin calls due to this? 

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#195 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Dam. Had I not diversified from my one stock portfolio (CML), I would have been R8M richer by now. I just new it was a winner years ago but bowed under pressure to diversify. Anyway, that is water under the bridge. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#196 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

thank you gamma/dominant for your views. 

#197 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

My conservative valuation at this stage is R118.34 at release of FY figures, with a more aggressive upper range of R142.02 (based on a PE of 20). 

This is not to be construed as advice.

My back of envelope calc.

2013 H1 dHEPS - 163c

Lets assume up by 70% (60-80% guidance)

2014 H1 ~ 277c

If we assume same rate of acceleration in 2014 H2 the expect dHEPS to be 1.5x higher than H1 (~415c)

So full year ~692c

@ PE of 20 = R138

Note: These are obviously assumptions and a couple factors need to be considered. 

1. Growth in AUM is slowing as the base increases.

2. The small increases in AUM may in fact be much better leveraged since these are likely growing way faster than growth in OPEX.

So lets say conservatively, barring a market calamity, we should see an easy 40% upside from here through end of year.

#198 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

AUM up 55B

#199 dominant

dominant

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPaarl

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

My conservative valuation at this stage is R118.34 at release of FY figures, with a more aggressive upper range of R142.02 (based on a PE of 20). 

This is not to be construed as advice.

Edited by dominant, 29 April 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Cash is a fact, EPS is an opinion.

#200 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

Nothing wrong with this!

"Coronation is pleased to report to
shareholders that earnings per share and headline earnings per share for the