• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#41 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

...jingle bells,jingle bells, jingle all the way..oh what fun it is to fly on a one horse open sleigh....hey!! :lol:

:)

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#42 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

...jingle bells,jingle bells, jingle all the way..oh what fun it is to fly on a one horse open sleigh....hey!! :lol:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#43 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

Results out. Enjoyable reading. dividend yield on my initial investment just over 3 years ago is now over 30% ☺
Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#44 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

CML is the best performing stock over a 5 year term on the JSE for the second consecutive year- Sunday Times.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#45 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

i made my money on this one. there might still be some value but imo this share has fallen in line with Mr.Market.

#46 digi_dav

digi_dav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hey Delta,

I am brand new to CML, but I am more of a technical trader and after seeing the trading statement last week it definitely got my attention - my first thoughts would be a share with a dividend of almost 6 is overpriced and is coming down. The trading statements, results, and dividend seem to create lots of movement and interest. A DY of 6 is not seen anywhere in this market and they sustaining it and continue to pump out amazing results year after year.

The charts show that this has just ran up too quick (you guys have made too much money) and has taken a "pause" right now. I noticed that flags form often after each crazy run, price consolidates and then it breaks out again. The last flag seemed to build up in 3 months and the pattern played out perfectly to the 107 highs. This current pattern has been building up for 6 months.The longer the formation, the more powerful the break out would be and this flag target sits at a whooping 12000. To me anything under 9000 looks like great value here. See some support at 8800 and that level (or anything 88 to 90) looks like a good price to go long for now. 

The charts look due for a good bounce....once this turns up then it should get interest again............. but for now you have to play that channel until there is a break to the upside. I'd like to see a retest and bounce on 88 but it could drop to the 8950 area and then bounce back up from there.

Yeah.. I do agree and think markets are topping out now and volatility has increased but that is a long process and can go on for months. 

P.S nice one guys on the profits made on the run here. Good calls. I had a good couple chuckles reading HDBS posts haha. I want to see how this week plays out but I am a buyer at 8800/8900 this week and may join you guys here for a nice 4 week run.... ;-) I got a feeling there will be some people come Monday and Tuesday that will be irritated and fear why the trading statement didn't move the price and therefore cause the price to move back to that support.

Anyways, We all need money for Xmas presents ;-) I don't think it will drop below that support if it does there could be big trouble here but with results and dividend coming soon that should support this movement............well......... at least for now and we will re-assess afterwards! 

thanks for your view/post...agreed 100%

price under pressure recently due to general weakness in market--good buy opp!

#47 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

Excellent trading statement -> Currently consolidating. Trade the channel until flag breakout. Buy:88 TP:102

thanks for your view/post...agreed 100%

price under pressure recently due to general weakness in market--good buy opp!

#48 digi_dav

digi_dav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

Excellent trading statement -> Currently consolidating. Trade the channel until flag breakout. Buy:88 TP:102

Attached Files

Edited by digi_dav, 25 October 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#49 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

The 69% increase in HEPS announced in May sent her slightly down. Now if excellent results do nothing and great results send her slightly down then what will get her to perform as she did 1, 2 and 3 years ago? Those days are in the past and thoughts of a repetition is but a dream.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#50 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yup - love that divi. looks like the market expected more - I am sure it'll come to it's senses next week. 

#51 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Should be a nice bump in the divi as well.
Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#52 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Great stuff once again. Just keeps on churning out great earnings

#53 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Nice - should get the price moving northwards again after languishing a bit:

In terms of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, Coronation is
pleased to report to shareholders that earnings per share and headline
earnings per share for the financial year ended 30 September 2014 are
expected to be between 30% (564.2 cents) and 40% (607.6 cents) higher than
those for the prior financial year (F2013: 434 cents).

Diluted headline earnings per share are expected to be between 30% (540.8
cents) and 40% (582.4 cents) higher than those for the prior financial year
(F2013: 416 cents).

#54 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

hope you guys went top heavy on cfd side... :lol: all the way to the bank!

#55 stoffels

stoffels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Still think its significantly overvalued and this could be the start of more downside to come - http://www.relativev...aluing this sha

Valuing this share at least as far as earnings growth goes, is purely your view on what the broad market is going to do going forward. its no coincidence that the massive rally in CML and the broad market happened over the same period. There revenue is made up of two components Management fees and performance fees. Market goes down, AUM goes down, management fee goes down. Market geos down, performance against absolute benchmarks goes down, therefore no performance fees. market goes down, performance vs market benchmark fees is irrelevant as broad performance would be below high-water mark=last level that charged perf fees. 

Edited by stoffels, 08 August 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#56 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Still think its significantly overvalued and this could be the start of more downside to come - http://www.relativev....co.za/cml.html

truth is CML has almost always been overvalued :lol:  fact is..most momentum stocks are intrinsically overvalued in a expensive market enviro

#57 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

stoffels explains it very well..i have started accumulating from 92.00 so for me its a "buy"

Accumulating in equity and cfd... let's see R120 by year end!

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#58 brendonfiddes

brendonfiddes

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Still think its significantly overvalued and this could be the start of more downside to come - http://www.relativev....co.za/cml.html

#59 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

CML dropping quite a bit after the whole ABIL drama. I wonder whether nows a good time to sell or just buy more. What do you guys think?

stoffels explains it very well..i have started accumulating from 92.00 so for me its a "buy"

#60 stoffels

stoffels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

CML dropping quite a bit after the whole ABIL drama. I wonder whether nows a good time to sell or just buy more. What do you guys think?

Surely this is more to do with a global market sell vs abil - abil was such a small % of their total assets that its contribution to performance is marginal at best. I would be more concern if I held a couple of the momentum funds which had a 5% + exposure in their portfolios. And even more so if you had exposure to the $15bn+ debt, depending if the SARB see's the fact that this was held in money market funds as being systemic 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting