909 replies to this topic

#81 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Nearly a million shares traded and it's down some 3,6%...
Waiting for an entry point...

Does anyone know how low it could go? Charts?

#82 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Got out @ 106 from 93.50, not so sure about it reaching 143 anytime soon...

#83 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Been chasing my tail on CML for the last 30 mins ... slow interweb does not help either!

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#84 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Ah right. Thx

#85 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

LDT tom

#86 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

CML struggling again. Has the bear taken over?

#87 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

I guess the downside will be that it becomes more susceptible to foreign outflows on SA sentiment.  

VERY true...we all know how fickle the foreign investors can be

#88 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Is there a good entry point?
Or is it fair value at 10100?

#89 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

It most certainly means that CML will now be on the radar of more foreign investors, dedicated EM ETFs and tracker funds...so it is more than fair to expect an increase in flows and trading volume. These flows will/may support the price for a little while longer but I still expect large local holders to use these foreign inflows to lock in profits on their CML holdings.

I guess the downside will be that it becomes more susceptible to foreign outflows on SA sentiment.  

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#90 M I D A S

M I D A S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Well this casts Coronation in a totally new light, I was going to take the money and run at the first smell of profit, instead I have just revised my policy to go for long term.

It most certainly means that CML will now be on the radar of more foreign investors, dedicated EM ETFs and tracker funds...so it is more than fair to expect an increase in flows and trading volume. These flows will/may support the price for a little while longer but I still expect large local holders to use these foreign inflows to lock in profits on their CML holdings.

#91 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Does the inclusion in the MSCI EM index mean more foreign exposure and thus a possible increase in volume and price going forward?

#92 M I D A S

M I D A S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Aha! I see said the blind man, thanks Zero Hedge

Nope had very little to do with dividend stripping. CML was included for first time in the MSCI EM index on Friday which means that foreign ETFs and funds that track this index/use it as benchmark were forced to buy CML on Friday. Most of these funds gave a MOC order hence the large volume that crossed in the closing auction.

#93 zubairn

zubairn

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Nope had very little to do with dividend stripping. CML was included for first time in the MSCI EM index on Friday which means that foreign ETFs and funds that track this index/use it as benchmark were forced to buy CML on Friday. Most of these funds gave a MOC order hence the large volume that crossed in the closing auction.

Does the inclusion in the MSCI EM index mean more foreign exposure and thus a possible increase in volume and price going forward? 

#94 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

The price rise on Friday was attributed to a sudden spike in volume of R 1,994,161,892 compared to the paltry R 130,561,888 of the day before, what's cooking or is this just the div stripping brigade again (ex div 6 June).

#95 M I D A S

M I D A S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

The price rise on Friday was attributed to a sudden spike in volume of R 1,994,161,892 compared to the paltry R 130,561,888 of the day before, what's cooking or is this just the div stripping brigade again (ex div 6 June).

#96 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

From Bloomberg.

Patric Gutzmer 8 days ago

Yes it's correct to not expect these returns going forward but this company will continue to make returns that exceed the jse indexes. Definitely one to have in the portfolio with a heavy weighting. Look at the last ten years and you will see why. As their tv advertising says " trust is earned".

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#97 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

You are probably right..
I didn't though. I hate selling a share when I back a company long term. Generally I rebalance by adding elsewhere but hasn't had the desired effect in this case.

Although I haven't bought a CML share in 3 years the bloody thing has gotten heavier and heavier.

Lucky you...I completely missed out on this one!

#98 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

100% correct...but if you are smart you sold some on Friday into the MSCI push.

You are probably right..

I didn't though. I hate selling a share when I back a company long term. Generally I rebalance by adding elsewhere but hasn't had the desired effect in this case.

Although I haven't bought a CML share in 3 years the bloody thing has gotten heavier and heavier.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#99 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

My post from a mere 10days ago.
I sincerely hope none of our list members sold at R93...

100% correct...but if you are smart you sold some on Friday into the MSCI push.

#100 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

My post from a mere 10days ago.
I sincerely hope none of our list members sold at R93...

So exactly as I predicted. Sold off on that statement in the outlook.It's a routine phenomenon and by end of the week the buyers are flooding back. If you wanted to get in on CML then this is your prime time buying opportunity.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting