561 replies to this topic

#521 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

yes, perreby did mention this one recently on some thread cant recall in what context though.  been on my watchlist for some time and is a painful reminder of what i missed out on :mellow:

still showing good growth though and on a reasonable PE

Under cautionary at the mo...could be buy out?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#522 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hey delta,

What can you tell us about OLG. Think Perreby mentioned this sometime back and see it's done pretty well. 

up 100% in the past year  :o

Cheers

R

yes, perreby did mention this one recently on some thread cant recall in what context though.  been on my watchlist for some time and is a painful reminder of what i missed out on :mellow: 

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#523 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Am I the only one holding still on to Litha?

I have a small holding in it as well, have regained a little bit of faith in it..
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#524 Immobilier

Immobilier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I see the GLD was a smaller portion of your portfolio Gamma. Have you though of upping your property exposure, is it only Calgro that you have there? I'm liking RES at the moment. I don't own but I'm looking to.

Your reasoning on RES?

#525 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

OLG/Onelogix is one to watch as well

Hey delta,

What can you tell us about OLG. Think Perreby mentioned this sometime back and see it's done pretty well. 

up 100% in the past year  :o

Cheers

R

Edited by gamma, 16 May 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#526 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Already did when I sold LHG but tempting to add even more..but I think 5% of my portfolio in a stock of this nature is probably about enough

Am I the only one holding still on to Litha?  

#527 jdm007

jdm007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well, I have like R2000 in Gij and will buy a bit more with the right offer. They released news about receiving contract with Gauteng toll roads, wont that push up revenue for next year?

Horribly chart for the past 5 years on GIJ, i'll pass.. not even for a punt at this stage! Just one more of that "turn-around" companies, I'll revise my statement when they actually pull it off as there is just too many of these out there! (Felt the same about Chemspec) :)  Goodluck though!

#528 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Just sold my entire (non-performing) LHG holding. Adding more CGR and going long MTA

And just in time.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#529 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Maybe add some more Calgro? ;)

Already did when I sold LHG but tempting to add even more..but I think 5% of my portfolio in a stock of this nature is probably about enough

#530 fishy

fishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

CFR

SAB

PNC

MTA

MTN

its been a good day

#531 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Don't buy industrials yet.Attached File  Indi.jpg   390.94KB   59 downloads

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#532 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Been reducing GLD for a few years now. Had half my portfolio in at 96, sold most at 150 and the last bit just now at around 123.

Actually the listed property sector is not a bad idea except they have had a hell of a run so perhaps a bit rich?

Also, can't say I know too much this area. maybe worth doing some digging. thanks for the tip

Maybe add some more Calgro? ;)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#533 jhwolmarans

jhwolmarans

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

ACT - (-1.4)

CLR - 9.3

ELI - 11.7

FSR - 40.9

MTA - 22.9

CFRSTG - 53.8.

SBKSBC - 3.2

AVI - 8.8

DBXUS - 5.4

MMI - 14.9

NTC - 9.8

#534 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I see the GLD was a smaller portion of your portfolio Gamma. Have you though of upping your property exposure, is it only Calgro that you have there? I'm liking RES at the moment. I don't own but I'm looking to.

Been reducing GLD for a few years now. Had half my portfolio in at 96, sold most at 150 and the last bit just now at around 123.

Actually the listed property sector is not a bad idea except they have had a hell of a run so perhaps a bit rich?

Also, can't say I know too much this area. maybe worth doing some digging. thanks for the tip

#535 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

#536 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

It is a difficult time to choose; I think retailers are tired, I can't bring myself to put anything into resources, I think small caps will take a hammering when the market turns, on and on. What to do... I agree on the SAB call possibly a good time for MTN too???

#537 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

So difficult to find value in a market that is already so high but possibly some rand-hedge counters like SAB and BTI will be better than cash but then again they are also riding the wave at the moment..........

Yes you are right.

Already own SAB (no harm in adding more though) and not so keen on long term Tobacco industry.

#538 grumpy old man

grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Dumped my GLD holdings. Medium term sentiment doesn't look too good to me. Chances are gold will be testing $1000 the way its going.

Plus Roffey was on last night waxing about more gold upside.

So I have free cash...what to buy? any suggestions?

So difficult to find value in a market that is already so high but possibly some rand-hedge counters like SAB and BTI will be better than cash but then again they are also riding the wave at the moment..........

#539 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

OLG/Onelogix is one to watch as well

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#540 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

More Brait SE, Life Healthcare or Woolies perhaps? Smallcaps maybe again jump into Litha Healthcare, Afrocentric or Rolfes Holdings?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting