M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Naspers broke thru 1036.70 support, next support level @ 908.32

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#42 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

TENCENTS  -6% IN TOKYO TODAY

I predict similar in Hong Kong tomorrow.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#43 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

hahaha now only if we could control ourselves to stay awake to also trade during night. lol

I will add to my NPN holding when it reaches R950 or when I can see a clear reversal. Whichever comes first.

Not required to stay awake at night, Hong Kong starts trading at our 3am and closes at our 9am, exactly when JSE starts.

#44 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hi to all

Naspers have been down quite a bit lately with Tencent probably the main reason for the drop. I am considering picking up a few shares soon. Please share your thoughts about which levels you would consider and what your thoughts are towards NPN in the near future. I am not yet sure about my decision and all opinions will be most helpful.

Im long naspers @ R 1000, 1 year target R 1,800...

#45 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

hahaha now only if we could control ourselves to stay awake to also trade during night. lol

I will add to my NPN holding when it reaches R950 or when I can see a clear reversal. Whichever comes first.

#46 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Whoever went long on NPN today was not wise, this is an easy share to call as you merely go online and check the Hong Kong close of Tencent in the morning (they trade while we sleep).

Tencent dropped over 5% this morning, so Naspers follows suit.

#47 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I want to go long, anyone else?

i'm in at 1000, have positions adding down to 960

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#48 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Careful Alsi. The pattern since the crash in mid march is looking at a downward pointing megaphone. The bottom line, as Frans de Klerk would call it, could be the Jaws of Death. The stock looks cheap compared to its price at the beginning of March, but there could still be more room to fall. It hasn't really shown any upward trend, and the short term climbs appear to be noise. The PE is still at 57 which is really high. Perhaps wait for a stronger uptrend to the positive? If I'm honest, I'm also tempted to buy at these prices, but you may be holding a long time before you see profit.

#49 alsi_speculator

alsi_speculator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

#50 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Would wait a bit Tencent is on a doward trend, 4.5% down today, I see it breaking below the psychological R1000.00 this week (if not today)....

#51 Luke4015

Luke4015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi to all

Naspers have been down quite a bit lately with Tencent probably the main reason for the drop. I am considering picking up a few shares soon. Please share your thoughts about which levels you would consider and what your thoughts are towards NPN in the near future. I am not yet sure about my decision and all opinions will be most helpful.

#52 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

lower than expected profit, dragging sentiment..don't think so but then again it's NPN so nothing would surprise

i'm long from 1100 if we see that over next few sessions

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#53 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Tencent Annual Results attached

Thanks Aragorn!!

market does not seem to like it today... but tomorrow could be a different story once digested!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#54 Aragorn

Aragorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Tencent Annual Results attached

Attached Files

Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall.

#55 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Well said Mr Balls, i set a stop loss to quickly exit my short position when this thing turns green again, and that i expect to be today... i'll soon enter a long position to take advantage of this lower entry point! 

And NPN up today 5%... hope you got your long order in time...

#56 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Analysts say the halt of any new services is likely to be temporary, as the PBOC moves to assess how customer information is being secured. "BD Live"

So when this is sorted out and they continue with their Vritual Credit cards, we will prob see 5-7% up every day, all this is, is a buying opportunity

Tencent, led by billionaire Ma Huateng, announced plans to invest at least 10 billion yuan in the nation’s Qianhai economic zone near Hong Kong that was created as a testing ground for more liberal financial policies. "Bloomberg"

Well said Mr Balls, i set a stop loss to quickly exit my short position when this thing turns green again, and that i expect to be today... i'll soon enter a long position to take advantage of this lower entry point! 

#57 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

I had lost all hope of making money off NPN.... but the events of the last few days have made me remember the road to my bank, LOL... cashing in on my short, which seemed a stupid move to some of my friends a few days back!

Analysts say the halt of any new services is likely to be temporary, as the PBOC moves to assess how customer information is being secured. "BD Live"

So when this is sorted out and they continue with their Vritual Credit cards, we will prob see 5-7% up every day, all this is, is a buying opportunity

Tencent, led by billionaire Ma Huateng, announced plans to invest at least 10 billion yuan in the nation’s Qianhai economic zone near Hong Kong that was created as a testing ground for more liberal financial policies. "Bloomberg"

#58 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

100% agreed

I had lost all hope of making money off NPN.... but the events of the last few days have made me remember the road to my bank, LOL... cashing in on my short, which seemed a stupid move to some of my friends a few days back!

#59 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

"china clamps down on mobile payments", wonder if that will affect 10 cent, maybe that is why 10c is coming off in Chinese bourse. Following through to jse,

yes, that's the main reason coupled with negative general market sentiment

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#60 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Also just saw a headline on a ticker , says "china clamps down on mobile payments", wonder if that will affect 10 cent, maybe that is why 10c is coming off in Chinese bourse. Following through to jse, might be the time to short?
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting