#21 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

Well, my tencents worth on Tencent is it is trading 1% up in New York right now with another three hours to trade, so lets see what Hong Kong brings in the morning.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#22 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

In my opinion the technicals of NPN does not matter as much. If/when the HS on Tencent break, the fall will be closer to the R750 level.

A lot of technology funds will chase Alibaba in weeks to come. They announced their IPO in this week. Money will rotate in the tech sector from mail.ru/twitter/Tencent to Alibaba. Big funds are nervous about the tech sector and does not want to commit new capital in the sector. As always, my 2c.

You have nailed it...Alibaba IPO will see money switching out of likes of Tencent and other tech names.

#23 Rookie16

Rookie16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

JJBen, do you really see R750? Time frame?

#24 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

In my opinion the technicals of NPN does not matter as much. If/when the HS on Tencent break, the fall will be closer to the R750 level.

A lot of technology funds will chase Alibaba in weeks to come. They announced their IPO in this week. Money will rotate in the tech sector from mail.ru/twitter/Tencent to Alibaba. Big funds are nervous about the tech sector and does not want to commit new capital in the sector. As always, my 2c.

#25 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Naspers, there was a late afternoon recovery in Hong Kong on Tencent (our early morning), so the heat was off so to speak.

NPN is still trading in a down channel of course, but at the top off the band, maybe finding a new support level from rising bottoms on chart.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#26 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Not bad, not bad @ all, close above R1000.00, was expecting worse, is this a sign of good days to come?<br /><br />

#27 Rookie16

Rookie16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

And the sudden PM recovery?

#28 Luke4015

Luke4015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

And suddenly Naspers goes up late afternoon. Anyone know why? American markets?

#29 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

I agree, but disagree on the amount of drop, the support is @ +-90000, technically (as a layman) that is where I see it going to in the next couple of weeks, it shall probably drag along most of the market for a downward correction, much as it dragged the market up.

100%. The 95000 figure I gave is what I predict the price will be in a week. It should then rally a slight amount before dropping further, probably down to 90000. The markets are about to open, so let's see if we've predicted it right.

#30 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

On the technical side I agree. The price is sitting on the upper side of a falling wedge, looking to drop. I see the price falling to 95000 in the next 7 days.

The price is bound to turn around at some point but the wedge isn't sharp enough for it to be any time soon I think. It's still fundamentally a great company, but with a PE of 55, it's just too expensive. I'm concerned that Naspers' recent drop could be a hint of an impending correction.  :wacko:

I agree, but disagree on the amount of drop, the support is @ +-90000, technically (as a layman) that is where I see it going to in the next couple of weeks, it shall probably drag along most of the market for a downward correction, much as it dragged the market up.

#31 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

I propose to short NPN today, present trade of Tencent on New York bourse -4.96%, plus -3.82% from Hong Kong last night.

Let's see what Hong Kong does tonight.

On the technical side I agree. The price is sitting on the upper side of a falling wedge, looking to drop. I see the price falling to 95000 in the next 7 days.

The price is bound to turn around at some point but the wedge isn't sharp enough for it to be any time soon I think. It's still fundamentally a great company, but with a PE of 55, it's just too expensive. I'm concerned that Naspers' recent drop could be a hint of an impending correction.  :wacko:

#32 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

I propose to short NPN today, present trade of Tencent on New York bourse -4.96%, plus -3.82% from Hong Kong last night.

Let's see what Hong Kong does tonight.

#33 Luke4015

Luke4015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Worked out quite nicely :D

AGREED

#34 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Whoever went long on NPN today was not wise, this is an easy share to call as you merely go online and check the Hong Kong close of Tencent in the morning (they trade while we sleep).

Tencent dropped over 5% this morning, so Naspers follows suit.

Worked out quite nicely :D

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#35 Luke4015

Luke4015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Roughly R33 up at the moment. About 3%. Anyone think we will see an uptrend from here?

#36 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Shaky dead cat bounce up 2.4% which calls for a Long quick in and out of the cold shower

attachicon.gifTENCENTS @ HK 2014-05-02.JPG

3% and counting @ our 8am

#37 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Shaky dead cat bounce up 2.4% which calls for a Long quick in and out of the cold shower

#38 Rookie16

Rookie16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

THE!

#39 Rookie16

Rookie16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Is this THERE recovery? Tencent in the green......

#40 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

Naspers broke thru 1036.70 support, next support level @ 908.32

attachicon.gifNaspers graph.JPG

Tencent up 2% in Hong Kong

Edited by Zulu, 02 May 2014 - 07:04 AM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting