• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#121 MarioAna

MarioAna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

That is very very bad advise....Rights offer still has couple days to go.....Who knows where Lonmin will be come Monday....?

Also coming from someone who started posting couple days ago.....what;s the phrase "pump"

Can you tell me why it's bad advice?

Doesn't look like I need to "pump" up anything (especially in a thread with like 4-5 active people lol) because LON seems to be rocketing today for whatever reason.

I'm just seeing a huge gap between the LONN + Take Up price vs where the share is currently, it doesn't make sense to me.

#122 MarioAna

MarioAna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:33 AM

on what date is the rights issue completed

LONN will be converted to LON on the 11th December but the last trading day for LONN is 3rd December.

Something is definitely happening because LON is now at 94c.

#123 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:30 AM

My guess is that is a case of volume keeping the price at 1c. People who have invested massively early on at a high price might simply not have enough money now to take up the rights so are trying to get 1c instead of getting nothing with a lapse. So they have flooded the 1c price (184 million rights are being offered at 1c right now).

If the LON price is going to tank to 20c after the issue then who the hell is buying now at 50c, 60c, 70c?

To me this looks like a very good opportunity to make some quick money, buy in at 1c + 21.4c and sell soon after the rights issue.

That is very very bad advise....Rights offer still has couple days to go.....Who knows where Lonmin will be come Monday....?

Also coming from someone who started posting couple days ago.....what;s the phrase "pump"

Edited by soutie, 26 November 2015 - 10:31 AM.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#124 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

on what date is the rights issue completed

#125 MarioAna

MarioAna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

The fundamentals for lonmin not good still.
Yes i agree, but even though the fundamentals are bad, it should be going up as there is a demand for the stock. On the 20th it had a high of 0.09cents, this should indicate something right?

My guess is that is a case of volume keeping the price at 1c. People who have invested massively early on at a high price might simply not have enough money now to take up the rights so are trying to get 1c instead of getting nothing with a lapse. So they have flooded the 1c price (184 million rights are being offered at 1c right now).

If the LON price is going to tank to 20c after the issue then who the hell is buying now at 50c, 60c, 70c?

To me this looks like a very good opportunity to make some quick money, buy in at 1c + 21.4c and sell soon after the rights issue.

#126 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

[quote name="Rulz3" post="264230" timestamp="1448523851"]
The fundamentals for lonmin not good still.
Yes i agree, but even though the fundamentals are bad, it should be going up as there is a demand for the stock. On the 20th it had a high of 0.09cents, this should indicate something right?

The ultimate profit hunter

#127 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

What baffles me is the value of the rights. Why isn't it going up. It cannot be this cheap to get the rights, this is day light robbery.

Currently the lonmin share trading irrelevant and traders can take it up. Rights will not go up. The fundamentals for lonmin not good still.

After the rights have been concluded lonmin will drop to 20c like a rock. All just my opinion though.

#128 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

What baffles me is the value of the rights. Why isn't it going up. It cannot be this cheap to get the rights, this is day light robbery.

#129 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

You buy the rights then contact your broker. The brokers will then credit the rights to your account for which you must pay R0.214

#130 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hi all,

new to Sharechat but have been reading the posts for a while.

I'm a Lonmin shareholder but one of the lucky ones that got in at R2, it's a really poor situation for anyone that bought more than a few months back. I'd like to ask a question about the rights offer that I think i'm just misunderstanding here:

Before yesterdays spike, so LON @ about 30c, you could buy LONN for 1c. As much as you liked.

Now my maths is telling me buy at 1c and take up the offer at 21.4c for a total in of 22.4c per LON share. But LON are sitting at 30c already.

Why aren't people buying into this big time? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Exactly wat I was thinking the last couple of days.
Now at 60 cents and rights still 1cent.
A pity Standard bank online trading does not alow to go short on the share and buy the rights to fill the shorts.

#131 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

If you buy LONN - How does it work - how do you pay for the shares if you want to take up the rights - does your broker contact you - please can someone explain as I am not sure how it works...

Maybe an opportunity to make for previous losses on LON

#132 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

Why isnt the value of the rights going up?

#133 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

Short Squeeze? now 84c

Sitting here looking at the share price like wtf?, are the Rothschild's buying?

#134 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

which share is better to buy - LON or LONN and why

#135 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

Short Squeeze? now 84c

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#136 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

Thanks!

What you're missing is the potential binary outcome.. You may make a killing, but if Plat price stays low, the company continues to burn cash, and you get killed.

Wayne McCurrie (?) reckons 49c was a vicious short squeeze..

#137 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

LON is @ 49c

jaDEB

Oasis

#138 MarioAna

MarioAna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

Hi all,

new to Sharechat but have been reading the posts for a while.

I'm a Lonmin shareholder but one of the lucky ones that got in at R2, it's a really poor situation for anyone that bought more than a few months back. I'd like to ask a question about the rights offer that I think i'm just misunderstanding here:

Before yesterdays spike, so LON @ about 30c, you could buy LONN for 1c. As much as you liked.

Now my maths is telling me buy at 1c and take up the offer at 21.4c for a total in of 22.4c per LON share. But LON are sitting at 30c already.

Thanks!

#139 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Up 63%... SLEEKONE :)

Thats a start my friend. I need this everyday for 2 weeks then i am back in the game.

#140 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

Up 63%... SLEEKONE :)

jaDEB

Oasis

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting