866 replies to this topic

#41 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 03:16 PM

I see the  share consolidation have been approved. 

I voted against this but knew it will still pass. I hate share consolidations as it has never added value to any of the shares I held in the past that got consolidated. Most of the time the shares lose 30% + of their value post consolidation.

I know that in theory a share trading pre and post consolidation should be the same but I always maintain that at share pre consolidation at 1c have zero downside where post  a share consolidation of lets say 100 to 1 that new R1 share (100 x 1c) now again has a 99% downward potential back to 1c. My opinion is management must work to get better earnings and eps shall be the determining factor to move the share price.

I am considering selling. Can anyone maybe give me a reason why this consolidation will work that I might be missing.

Looks like my estimate of 30% down after share consolidations was a bit off. I still see no value in share consolidations as the shareholders take all the risk of exposing themselves to the downside again and yet it happens time and time again where shareholders approve the consolidations. Why I ask you , why????

#42 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 May 2022 - 11:10 AM

Any thoughts. The sh#tshow continues.
Has now lost more than 50% in value in 6 months with little prospect of pulling up from what I can make out.

Where are all the big voices from a year ago? Early profit takers or licking their wounds quietly?

Share dropping on very small volumes.  Major shareholders are not likely to be selling.  Probably panic by the small shareholders created by the drop in world markets.

It's disappointing that management does not put out some news to calm the shareholders.

#43 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 08:54 AM

Any thoughts. The sh#tshow continues.
Has now lost more than 50% in value in 6 months with little prospect of pulling up from what I can make out.

Where are all the big voices from a year ago? Early profit takers or licking their wounds quietly?

#44 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 07:13 AM

Key items to watch IMO:
1. Debt update
2. Underlying trading
3. Trident - going or not and the re-treatment as discontinued asset and impact on accounts
4. Update on prior chatter about secondary listing

At this rate seems we may only hear more around Aug after YE close in June. Sigh.

#45 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 07:22 PM

Good points, thanks.

#46 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 07:21 PM

Good points, thanks.

#47 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 06:52 AM

Everyone silent back here? The price keeps dropping, mgt silent, can’t even get through to Investor Relations.

Any insights?

I got out at R18.50. Should have sold out at R26 but greed kept me in the game. Luckily I got my shares at average 2.1c so R10.50 after share consolidation.

What I learned from this share is that there is a reason why a share trades at 2-3 cents a share. Throwing money into a company (rights issue) only saves the company some interest on debt paid off but if company is not making money (lots of it) from there core business, walk away. There are many stocks out there and I think deep down everyone buying this share knew this was a punt or at best a very short term holding.

I will look at it again when it is way below R10 a share because if it continues on the downward trend big holders are going to start cutting their losses and then its game over.

As always I hope I am completely wrong and it goes to R100 a share for everyone who is still holding sake.

#48 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 11:41 PM

Everyone silent back here? The price keeps dropping, mgt silent, can’t even get through to Investor Relations.

Any insights?

#49 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 February 2022 - 09:31 AM

This looks a complete f-up.

I do not understand what is going on. Obviously I am missing something,  and the entire market also missed it.....

Any comments?

Me too!!. How can they make such an accounting error with Trident  Steel ? 

#50 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 February 2022 - 09:28 AM

Real earnings did not match expected earnings.  (missing the target by close to 100%)

Woww  it is worrisome that he share price is dropping so significantly. Can it all be ascribed to  the Trident steel issue and the fact that the net profit was down somehow. Are there perhaps any other problems that the market is adjusting to in connection with Aveng.. Surely Covid affected them but they have so many good projects with a good prospects. 

Any one with some insights here?.  

#51 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:37 PM

Real earnings did not match expected earnings.  (missing the target by close to 100%)

Attached Files

#52 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:12 PM

me too, hoping for the best

#53 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:04 PM

I’ve bought some shares just now. Hoping for the bounce

#54 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 01:28 PM

This looks a complete f-up.

I do not understand what is going on. Obviously I am missing something,  and the entire market also missed it.....

Any comments?

#55 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 11:40 AM

JP Morgan Chase & Co acquired an interest in the ordinary shares of Aveng via sense announcements:

25/01/2022 19.86%

11/01/2022 22.45%

29/012/2021 15.02%

It went up nicely and now came down. Hope they start buying again and that the selling does not continue.

#56 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:33 PM

Seems not everyone is convinced about this one's future... Down 4.26% currently to R26.50 and the R26 rand breach coming up fast.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Whole market was down today especially miners, so nothing specific to AEG. America down further tonight, so possibly more pain to come.

Edited by Shi, 24 January 2022 - 10:33 PM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#57 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 24 January 2022 - 04:43 PM

Seems not everyone is convinced about this one's future... Down 4.26% currently to R26.50 and the R26 rand breach coming up fast.

Any thoughts, anyone?

The last reported EPS was R10 per share. Trading update sounded positive and no profit warning provided to date.

If the EPS stays at around R10 or slightly lower, the share is trading at a PE of less than 3.

I would guess that this will provide an underpin to the price but one can never be sure in this market.

JP Morgan and Bank of America have been buying which gives me comfort. They are unlikely to be investing in a relatively small company unless they see significant upside.

#58 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:18 PM

Any thoughts, anyone?

#59 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:32 PM

Sense - Update out.

Hope this help the share price as it is still currently standing still under R29 a share

Disappointing -The update looked good (although no specifics in terms of profit) ,

but the share price is still below R29

#60 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 02:17 PM

Sense - Update out.

Hope this help the share price as it is still currently standing still under R29 a share

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting