• Please log in to reply
15225 replies to this topic

#2941 Peanut_Butter

Peanut_Butter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 08:26 PM

I have shares in Steinhoff and don't want a liquidation but I understand Tekkie Towns case and in some twisted way I support them for it.

Imagine trading in a brand new car for a better new version just to find out a year later its not brand new and was actually repaired after a car accident and sold to you as brand new. Wouldn't you go to the car dealership and burn them to the ground? Imagine losing a R 2 Billion shares value I would probable try to get them liquidated at all cost aswel.

Can someone please explain why they think steinhoff have a good chance not being liquidated?

From my view point its 50/50 and thats whether Tekkie Town can proof steinhoff is insolvent or solvent as that would trigger the way the law would handle it and which companies act would be use to deal with the liquidation.

#2942 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 05 September 2021 - 07:43 PM

Not much volume but I can't remember such climb (€ 0,2367) in Sunday trading hours from 17:00 till 19:00  :D  @ https://www.ls-tc.de...f-int-hld-aktie

Edited by Squideye, 05 September 2021 - 07:46 PM.

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#2943 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 07:03 PM

In my opinion, there is no proof for a final liquidation, but a huge drop in share value and a legal tug-of-war are imminent. For the next few days keep your eyes on the financial screens, SENS and your finger on the timney.... :rolleyes:

Why a huge drop in share value ?
I think we have had our huge drops in share value and now we headed for 6 bucks

#2944 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:19 PM

If it does go negatively, I wonder if it can be appealed? Also can TT go back on their case and have the outcome reversed. I'm not sure how these things work.

An appeal would perhaps buy time to get a sweeter deal for the TT and similar claimants if that was allowed.

Edited by Sleepwa123, 05 September 2021 - 05:21 PM.

#2945 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:10 PM

Hi, I have a question if TT managed to get the court to agree Steinhoff is to be liquidated how quickly would this take place and would the SNH shares be taken off the JSE quickly? Im asking in theory? Ive never seen a case like this before, Cheers

In my opinion, there is no proof for a final liquidation, but a huge drop in share value and a legal tug-of-war are imminent. For the next few days keep your eyes on the financial screens, SENS and your finger on the timney.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Squideye, 05 September 2021 - 05:14 PM.

#2946 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 04:06 PM

Hi, I have a question if TT managed to get the court to agree Steinhoff is to be liquidated how quickly would this take place and would the SNH shares be taken off the JSE quickly? Im asking in theory? Ive never seen a case like this before, Cheers

#2947 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 04:06 PM

Hi, I have a question if TT managed to get the court to agree Steinhoff is tto be liquidated how quickly would this take place and would the SNH shares be taken off the JSE quickly? Im asking in theory? Ive never seen a case like this before, Cheers

#2948 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 05 September 2021 - 11:26 AM

Haha playing the right guys! Not only they simply followed CW blindly but also did not know they got shares from a Dutch company!

Feel very sorry for them sometimes I wounder if they can actually read! Green beer time

they should go begg for their money back from CW

#2949 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:13 AM

George Boy Bernard M.: “Ons erken nie hul status, jurisdiksie of intensie nie en sal voortgaan om hierdie bedrog oop te vlek totdat reg geskied en die strafregtelike vervolging afgehandel is.”  B) 

Haha playing the right guys! Not only they simply followed CW blindly but also did not know they got shares from a Dutch company!

Feel very sorry for them sometimes I wounder if they can actually read! Green beer time

#2950 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 09:10 AM

I am not a lawyer but from below i t seems it only applies if liquidation is taking place.

However liquidation has not been establish so first one needs to establish the company definition before moving forward.

Looks to me the TT lawyer are jumping the gun!

9. Continued application of previous Act to winding-up and liquidation
(1) Despite the repeal of the previous Act, until the date determined in terms of
subitem (4), Chapter 14 of that Act continues to apply with respect to the
winding- up and liquidation of companies under this Act, as if that Act had not
been repealed subject to subitems (2) and (3)

#2951 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:44 AM

The real issue, does the ex-TT buffoons understand that they can F it up for everyone and still be stuck with years and years of legal delays for them to maybe see money. How thick can one be...

George Boy Bernard M.: “Ons erken nie hul status, jurisdiksie of intensie nie en sal voortgaan om hierdie bedrog oop te vlek totdat reg geskied en die strafregtelike vervolging afgehandel is.”  B) 

#2952 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:38 PM

'Hieroor kan Steinhoff in SA gelikwideer word'.

This can piss on our party.

I am no lawyer, but it looks like they have a point.

The real issue, does the ex-TT buffoons understand that they can F it up for everyone and still be stuck with years and years of legal delays for them to maybe see money. How thick can one be...

#2953 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 04 September 2021 - 05:34 PM

'Hieroor kan Steinhoff in SA gelikwideer word'.

Attached Files

#2954 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 04:48 PM

Some news: https://www.4investo...stock&ID=155815

#2955 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 02:46 PM

Sjoe. Someone is demanding 🤣

Things are just delayed by a few more days.

#2956 Junz

Junz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 11:09 AM

In plain English, what does it mean for SNH wrt the latest Sens ?

#2957 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:32 AM

My valuation of SNH today:
Hi so if this is your valuation then the SA stock price has a way to go. So we must hold?

Company Value (Mil)
PEPCO € 5,242
PEPKOR € 3,087
MF € 2,107
Greenlit € 1,000
Others € 300
Total SNH Value € 11,736

#2958 rtyde

rtyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:49 PM

Today, on 3 September 2021, the supervisory judges (rechters-commissarissen) in the suspension of
payments that was provisionally granted to Steinhoff International Holdings N.V., opened the meeting
regarding consultation and vote on the SIHNV Composition Plan (the "Creditors' Meeting"). At the
request of several interested parties the supervisory judges adjourned the Creditors' Meeting until
Wednesday 8 September 2021 at 13.30 CET.

https://www.steinhof...s-releases.aspx

#2959 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 03 September 2021 - 05:41 PM

This is why:

"In the meeting, the supervisory-judges (rechters-commissarissen) decided to adjourn the meeting until Wednesday 8 September 2021 at 13.30 CET. At that adjourned meeting there will be a further session in which the SoP Committee will most likely conclude by casting its vote on the Composition Plan."

sorry was driving just read the entire sens.

#2960 Peanut_Butter

Peanut_Butter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 05:22 PM

SNHE SHFFH Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. – Additional Support For Global Litigation Settlement Impleme... http://bit.ly/2WU4wYc

Prettier version 🍓

Edited by Peanut_Butter, 03 September 2021 - 05:23 PM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting