Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 08 February 2023 - 11:48 AM

Circular & CVR...

Attached Files

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#283 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 08 February 2023 - 10:28 AM

" Is the AGM postponed because the above Article 21 problems or perhaps more  due to revisiting  their new plan and possible legal implications of screwing the millions of ordinary shareholders out of Steinhoff without them having ample time to reconsider their investment in Steinhoff

Question 3: Could this unilateral plan between Steinhoff and the creditors be considered as insider trading and not allowed because there are lmillions and millions of shareholders that are going to be screwed now."

I think this is the general consensus - their plan can be consider as insider trading - as they were in discussions and came up with a plan that did not involve shareholders and yes the AGM was postponed as a result so that they can interpret the law before continuing.

:rolleyes: New date for AGM @ Wednesday, 22 March 2023

Edited by Squideye, 08 February 2023 - 10:28 AM.

#284 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 08:50 AM

" Is the AGM postponed because the above Article 21 problems or perhaps more  due to revisiting  their new plan and possible legal implications of screwing the millions of ordinary shareholders out of Steinhoff without them having ample time to reconsider their investment in Steinhoff

Question 3: Could this unilateral plan between Steinhoff and the creditors be considered as insider trading and not allowed because there are lmillions and millions of shareholders that are going to be screwed now."

I think this is the general consensus - their plan can be consider as insider trading - as they were in discussions and came up with a plan that did not involve shareholders and yes the AGM was postponed as a result so that they can interpret the law before continuing.

#285 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:26 PM

the latest sens

DISSCLOSURE OF INSIDE INFORMATION PURSUANT TO ART. 17 OF THE EU MARKET ABUSE
REGULATION (EU 596/2014, MAR)

An issuer shall inform the public as soon as possible of inside information which directly concerns that issuer.

The issuer shall ensure that the inside information is made public in a manner which enables fast access and complete, correct and timely assessment of the information by the public and, where applicable, in the officially appointed mechanism referred to in Article 21 of Directive 2004/109/EC of the European Parliament and the Council . The issuer shall not combine the disclosure of inside information to the public with the marketing of its activities. The issuer shall post and maintain on its website for a period of at least five years, all inside information it is required

I think they misled us all the way then dumped their new plan...in contradiction to the article. 

Someone has obviously taken them to task on this.

In that Sens of 2 Feb 2023, Steinhoff also mentioned that a "Shareholders Circular" was also  suppose to be made available to shareholders SIMULTANEOUSLY TO GIVING THE DATE OF THE AGM. The Circular's purpose  is to give further background , details and explanations regarding the proposal to approve the maturity extension transaction INCLUDING THE EQUITY REORGANISATION  ELEMENT.

Why did  Du Preez not make an effort to clarify and explain the new plan much earlier? and give us an a positive spin/explanation why this deal will favour the shareholders.

The 1st question is: What is this equity re-organisation? Is this the 80-20 split?  Does this mean I will be able to trade my shares until 2026 or do the creditors want 80% of my shares right now?? 

So I get the impression this means (as someone has alluded to previously)  that the creditors want that 80% of ordinary shareholders before the credit facility is being extended until 2026.

2nd Question: Is this share price going to trade around 50c for the next 3 years, even if  majority shareholders agree to the Creditor/ Steinhoff agreement 

If so, how will this affect your shareholding and trading of the share until 2026.

To me this is completely unclear. 

also

Is the AGM postponed because the above Article 21 problems or perhaps more  due to revisiting  their new plan and possible legal implications of screwing the millions of ordinary shareholders out of Steinhoff without them having ample time to reconsider their investment in Steinhoff

Question 3: Could this unilateral plan between Steinhoff and the creditors be considered as insider trading and not allowed because there are lmillions and millions of shareholders that are going to be screwed now.

Anyone with a possible explanation?   

#286 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 11:12 AM

Shareholders

Name               Equities                %

Public Investment Corporation (SOC) Ltd.   423,118,257     9.91%

The Vanguard Group, Inc.   137,883,535     3.23%

Markus Jooste    68,247,244     1.60%

BlackRock Fund Advisors  45,584,761     1.07%

BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.   12,361,574     0.29%

Dimensional Fund Advisors LP   11,547,517     0.27%

Invesco Capital Management LLC   10,231,592     0.24%

FV Frankfurter Vermögen AG   9,081,390     0.21%

Old Mutual Customised Solutions (Pty) Ltd.   8,402,611    0.20%

SSgA Funds Management, Inc.   6,853,608     0.16%

Edited by Tom, 03 February 2023 - 11:16 AM.

#287 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 03 February 2023 - 09:52 AM

Steinhoff gaan sy jaarvergadering, wat in Maart sou plaasvind, uitstel omdat hy nog duidelikheid oor sy herstruktureringsplan van die reguleerders wil kry. @ https://www.netwerk2...ldplan-20230203

#288 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 08:37 AM

the latest sens

DISSCLOSURE OF INSIDE INFORMATION PURSUANT TO ART. 17 OF THE EU MARKET ABUSE
REGULATION (EU 596/2014, MAR)

An issuer shall inform the public as soon as possible of inside information which directly concerns that issuer.

The issuer shall ensure that the inside information is made public in a manner which enables fast access and complete, correct and timely assessment of the information by the public and, where applicable, in the officially appointed mechanism referred to in Article 21 of Directive 2004/109/EC of the European Parliament and the Council . The issuer shall not combine the disclosure of inside information to the public with the marketing of its activities. The issuer shall post and maintain on its website for a period of at least five years, all inside information it is required

I think they misled us all the way then dumped their new plan...in contradiction to the article. 

Someone has obviously taken them to task on this.

#289 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:11 PM

Wie skik met wie oor GEPF se geld? Die sage oor die R9,3 miljard van staatsamptenare se pensioenfondsgeld wat aan 'n bemagtigingsgroep geleen is om Steinhoff-aandele te koop, is verby. @ https://www.netwerk2...e-geld-20230202

Strange that you should post this now...I was wondering what they are going to do - they own 5% shares if I am correct

#290 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:05 PM

Wie skik met wie oor GEPF se geld? Die sage oor die R9,3 miljard van staatsamptenare se pensioenfondsgeld wat aan 'n bemagtigingsgroep geleen is om Steinhoff-aandele te koop, is verby. @ https://www.netwerk2...e-geld-20230202

#291 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:52 AM

Doubt you’ll ever get any kind of forecast.

20% will likely mean 20% in an unlisted co, shares virtually untradeable, locked into long term repayment of the debt (so forget dividends or capital growth) in a company none of the 20% will control or influence. Basically worthless then. But decline the deal, and creditors will probably liquidate anyway and get assets sold off. Nothing here suggests a trade out scenario on any permutation. On all fronts the ords are screwed.

it sounds if it is best to sell at current price and get the f outta here

#292 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:10 AM

Doubt you’ll ever get any kind of forecast.

20% will likely mean 20% in an unlisted co, shares virtually untradeable, locked into long term repayment of the debt (so forget dividends or capital growth) in a company none of the 20% will control or influence. Basically worthless then. But decline the deal, and creditors will probably liquidate anyway and get assets sold off. Nothing here suggests a trade out scenario on any permutation. On all fronts the ords are screwed.

#293 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:02 AM

Accept the 20% deal, Shareholders have no option. Had the shareholders voted and give LdP/CFO shares as remuneration, the plan would have been different...they did not, and this is the answer. LDP screwed us while getting paid redicoulus money and loving the easy life in Val de Vie.

If we thought the share price will go to EUR1 with the debt and no equity swop, its now worth EUR0.2

No Debt, dividends return. (They have EUR 1.7Bill in cash that can be distributed)

Hopefully SdK will not think they smart and mess it up again, because we walk away with jack-S that way.

Simple enough.

Interesting, they removed the "caution" notice on the last Sens.

Does anyone understand theoretically how the 20% deal would work going forward?

What can a person expect to "earn"

anybody care to put an example together?

#294 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 10:06 AM

Accept the 20% deal, Shareholders have no option. Had the shareholders voted and give LdP/CFO shares as remuneration, the plan would have been different...they did not, and this is the answer. LDP screwed us while getting paid redicoulus money and loving the easy life in Val de Vie.

If we thought the share price will go to EUR1 with the debt and no equity swop, its now worth EUR0.2

No Debt, dividends return. (They have EUR 1.7Bill in cash that can be distributed)

Hopefully SdK will not think they smart and mess it up again, because we walk away with jack-S that way.

Simple enough.

Interesting, they removed the "caution" notice on the last Sens.

#295 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 09:14 AM

Meant €2bn, not 22bn

#296 Zeebo

Zeebo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 09:08 AM

Shocking report and interview with LDP.

In simple terms:
We paid back the creditors first €22bn between 21-23
The problem was always there, did you not all see?
Yet, we signalled a new dawn in Jan 2022
The world turned on us and it’s not our problem
Good luck to the ords - you dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.
I’ve made R200m and now I’m going to walk away and enjoy it

Simply astounding that this is the third Steinheist. Incredible.

#297 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:08 AM

B)  20% or bust: the Steinhoff poser @ https://www.business...teinhoff-poser/

#298 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:04 AM

from 18:00 @

#299 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 02:29 PM

I am still not clear on this whole arrangement. First thing is that it became quite important for Steinhoff to buy themselves more time. It will appear as if the creditors played hardball and they wanted some form of assurance before they agree to extend. So this to me is where the uncertainty comes in. Does the transfer of ownership happen now/soon or only at the end of the extension period? Of now/soon then yes I am also not happy, but if only at the end of the maturity period (2026??) then surely nothing changes and we effectively just got to hope and pray that Steinhoff can make some progress on settling the debt.  

How I see it....at the end of the current maturity period which is June 2023....that want it all by then (100% ownership or 80/20) only then will they extend to 2026...without forcing a liquidation I suppose.

but in my opinion a liquidation will benefit me as much as any other option. Namely 50c or less for a share..so i have nothing to lose..so fuckem I have lost it all already.....

also I think they would not want liquidation....but who knows as these are creditors that specialize in distressed companies - so selling it off piecemeal is what they good at.

Waiting for SDK to advise what to do and how to vote...

Perhaps if we lucky Christo Weise offer to buy the who company for 5Billion and shares the other 5 billion amongst the holdings...which they can pay off easily...... 

#300 CasualTrader

CasualTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 01:44 PM

I am still not clear on this whole arrangement. First thing is that it became quite important for Steinhoff to buy themselves more time. It will appear as if the creditors played hardball and they wanted some form of assurance before they agree to extend. So this to me is where the uncertainty comes in. Does the transfer of ownership happen now/soon or only at the end of the extension period? Of now/soon then yes I am also not happy, but if only at the end of the maturity period (2026??) then surely nothing changes and we effectively just got to hope and pray that Steinhoff can make some progress on settling the debt.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting