15225 replies to this topic

#3301 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:50 PM

I think there was a lot of profit taking today. I waited for the dip to buy more.

Do you think there is any steam left in tomorrow's court case?

#3302 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:27 PM

So anyone care to explain to me what happened today. The day started 10% up and ended up low? I need your wisdom

See below an interesting article.

https://therobusttra...is-algorithmic/

Algorithm trading is now in some countries up to 80 % of all trading and the game is all about making money on small movements and nothing to do with long term or financial fundamentals.

I believe algorithms are like leaches they search for volatility shares and then hook on to them. That's why you see with low volumes price stability and high volumes brings the unexplained movements. As a human trader one has to trade outside the cycles of the machines.

Anyway my 5 cents!! For me eventually fundamentals will take over but we need to remember now 75% of the shares are in speculators hands.

Anyway my trucks are now full again today and I am going fishing and drink green beer!!!

#3303 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:25 PM

So anyone care to explain to me what happened today. The day started 10% up and ended up low? I need your wisdom

They realised the day 3 dump would be over a weekend so they started early

#3304 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:47 PM

#3305 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 12 August 2021 - 10:50 AM

Nice pump in the morning to get me excited, only to go back to the starting line...

JSE is week today. Always when there is good news for SNH. Then there is no real support for it cause Jse generally weak

#3306 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 10:45 AM

Nice pump in the morning to get me excited, only to go back to the starting line...

#3307 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 08:27 AM

I don't see this as bad because TBC is making money..so will just grow going forward

I agree not to forget there was lots of damage done by the looting that will need repairs!!!

#3308 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:44 AM

I don't see this as bad because TBC is making money..so will just grow going forward

The only real downside for me is that it is a non core asset and is a bit of a distraction to management relative to the much bigger companies in the group. The extra cash would have been good too.

#3309 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:42 AM

Excellent thanks for posting this for me confirms GS is going to hapen!

If I recall correctly this extension would only be granted if the GS was to be implemented.

We will be off to the races again tomorrow I wil not be surprised to see R2.50 by tomorrow close!!!

What's interesting for me is the timing. I don't recall such a late SENS or Dgap announcement in the past other than the one time for the release of Financials.

#3310 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:31 AM

Pepkor and Cashbuild - .........Consequently, given that not all the suspensive conditions would be met by the long stop date of 16 August 2021 and the parties are unable to agree on an extension to the long stop date, the Transaction is regrettably terminated @ https://www.sharenet...00&seq=7&scode=

Sens from Pepkor just now @ https://www.sharenet...00&seq=9&scode=

#3311 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:26 AM

Pepkor and Cashbuild - .........Consequently, given that not all the suspensive conditions would be met by the long stop date of 16 August 2021 and the parties are unable to agree on an extension to the long stop date, the Transaction is regrettably terminated @ https://www.sharenet...00&seq=7&scode=

Sens from Pepkor just now @ https://www.sharenet...00&seq=9&scode=

Edited by Squideye, 12 August 2021 - 07:29 AM.

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#3312 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:26 PM

http://mobile.dgap.d...?newsID=1469776

SENS should repeat this in the morning

Excellent thanks for posting this for me confirms GS is going to hapen!

If I recall correctly this extension would only be granted if the GS was to be implemented.

We will be off to the races again tomorrow I wil not be surprised to see R2.50 by tomorrow close!!!

#3313 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:02 PM

http://mobile.dgap.d...?newsID=1469776

SENS should repeat this in the morning

#3314 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 10:35 PM

Please do not confuse SARB with SARS.
Totally 2 different entities.
And Sleepy is confused again misses the point ?

I said SARS!! Knock knock

I knew it was meant to be SARB. Either way doesn't matter. There was no point to miss. You're making issues where there are none.

Like DTD said, the GS is happening and the management team have done a fantastic albeit a very expensive job.

Unfortunately the settlement was always going to be a dog fight because everyone wants their bone. The extra 0.70+c per share impact of this increased settlement is however temporary and long term steinhoff will probably be worth multiples of what it is now.

#3315 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 11 August 2021 - 10:11 PM

Dtd

Thanks again for your help with the analysis of this jargon for us.

Really appreciate your help and when things change your adaption to it,

#3316 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 10:08 PM

I don't think TT will withdraw their case. But looking at the bigger picture and the evidence my gutt-feeling says they've got no case...

For me the TT will not influence the voting. SNH have told them they can pursue the case after so my guess they will also withdraw the case no point requesting liquidation now.

#3317 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:54 PM

Brilliant News?

Again picking on Zanme and the shorts of Verster?

My God how gullible are folks on this form.

Pie getting smaller and smaller for shareholders and that is brilliant news? 

Long way to go still...Hold onto your hats or better still fasten it with a rope.

So all here reckon settlement over and done and dusted?

Think again.

Lionel will tell you all  how to play this.

( 3 day rally and then back to the drawing board as the mugs and gamblers punt it only to lose it all AGAIN)

But wait.

Knock knock

Whos there

South African Revenue services..

What do you want. Its too late now

My share of  the pie that is left over ( nothing to do yet with creditor claims as Sars can take their time and issue assessments be it one year or 5 years from now and going back way  to when the trouble started and even before)

So no missing the boat by Sars cos that is what Steinhoff directors will shout out loud.

You missed the plot pal! Not so long ago Mr. Verster was advocating a Zero so spend more time reading to get insight!!!

#3318 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:49 PM

Sold out today, wasn't expecting the pump so soon. made 30% in a week on just this trade. Made well over 100% profit with pumping and dumping, buy the rumour sell the fact, gotta love Polly for that.

Still too much uncertainties here for me so I just play on the news

Lionel you should join Ann on the anti Steinhoff Sunday braais, it does not matter for you how good the news is you will always find negativity.

What you failed to see is the voting date is now set that means LDP did a fantastic job under very difficult situations and the GS is virtually completed.

The STEP 2 is now virtually completed only the last step : Financial Restructuring and the recovery is completed. 

All very much against what POLY the troll predicted if you recall it was the FAT ZERO!!! And as for your 50 cents best focus on drinking lots of green beer it will never happen!!! The train as left that station long time ago!!!

#3319 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:34 PM

Again, give LdP and that CFO shares instead of pay, and they might stop giving away current shareholder value...because, that is what happened today. They are too scared of Master Wiese to remove some of his loot, rather dilute current shareholders.

This might save the company, but you can lower your future expectations.

R3000billion/4200billion shares - R0.71 less.

#3320 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:17 PM

And I ain't no pro.

I do feel that as long as LDP is still there, that 50c is a real possibility

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting