DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:37 PM

[quote name="Squideye" post="297839" timestamp="1627295484"]

Maybe Crotty is a bit deurmekaar...
Just shows you how one sided she is in her approach to this case.
She just pushes a negative agenda

I think she has long braais with lots of green beer ( Hahaha maybe a little jealus was not invited to Hermanus weekend special with the buoys) because for some reason its virtually every Monday she comes out with a article!!!

#3422 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:48 PM

[quote name="Squideye" post="297839" timestamp="1627295484"]

Just shows you how one sided she is in her approach to this case.
She just pushes a negative agenda

#3423 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:31 PM

In the pdf posted by Squideye it said that Jan bought Steinhoff for R7 Mil..now the Moneyweb article quotes Jan as having bought R11Mil worth of steinhoff shares in Nov 2015 for about R85/share...OUTCHHH !!!! what is the true story now? It is al so confusing

"Lamprecht en nog ’n aandeelhouer het in 2020 in die hooggeregshof in Pretoria ’n eis teen Deloitte vir skadevergoeding ingestel*. Hulle het gesamentlik byna R12 miljoen verloor."

This is an update to the article: * Deloitte het in sy pleitstukke op Lamprecht se eis verlede jaar gesê daar is geen geldige eis nie en omdat daar geen regsgronde vir die eis is nie, die hof gevra om dit met koste af te wys. Die pleitstukke is reeds ingedien en daar word op 'n verhoordatum gewag, volgens Lamprecht. 

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#3424 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:12 PM

Reading that pdf, I reach the following conclusion: 

Assume Jan bought Steinhoffs at R40/share he would have received 175000 shares for his R7mil. He now wants to fight for 6c in R1 by getting Steinhoff liquidated ???..that will give him R420k for his R7mil. Now, Jan most likely still has  his 175000 shares. At the current price Jan's shares are already  worth nearly R296k and when it reaches R2.40/share he would have his R420k and  with an upside to recoup even more when the share goes higher !!!.

So me think Jan is not giving it enough thought. 

In the pdf posted by Squideye it said that Jan bought Steinhoff for R7 Mil..now the Moneyweb article quotes Jan as having bought R11Mil worth of steinhoff shares in Nov 2015 for about R85/share...OUTCHHH !!!! what is the true story now? It is al so confusing

But what about other big losers..such as PIC with millions of shares and other investors. Also PIC and OLD MUTUAL traded Steinhoffs recently as far as I can recall and these two seems to be pro-the gobal settlement.   

So accordingly I don't think Jan is going to succeed and he is gong to have to pay a lot of legal costs in the process. I don't think he should pursue it.. Any comments??

#3425 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:38 AM

Today Pepkor vs Tekkie @ http://www.saflii.or...ls/2021/97.html

#3426 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:37 AM

it is evident that the Stellenboch mafia wants to sink this company, why we will never know....

I'm wondering if they perhaps see liquidation as a way for them to acquire the subsidiaries (i.e. Tekkie Town) at fire sale prices and regain their empire?

#3427 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:29 AM

it is evident that the Stellenboch mafia wants to sink this company, why we will never know....

2 Camps in Stellenbosch

Wiese camp and Rupert Camp - these two do not like each other and both are bombastic self-centered sh1ts!

#3428 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:20 AM

Jan is fishing for an out of court settlement to keep him quiet.

And, like all overvalued Stellenbosch scumbags, it is not about the best outcome for all or getting money back, more to do with being able to tell your maatjies about it on the farm/s. (No logic when measuring size)

#3429 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:01 AM

.....Audit firm ‘would not cooperate’ if investigated

He adds that in early 2018 when he started investigating Deloitte’s role, Steinhoff’s lawyers Werksmans Attorneys asked him to stop, on the grounds that Deloitte would not cooperate with the restatement of the 2014 and 2015 financial statements if it was being investigated......

Jan is fishing for an out of court settlement to keep him quiet.

And, like all overvalued Stellenbosch scumbags, it is not about the best outcome for all or getting money back, more to do with being able to tell your maatjies about it on the farm/s. (No logic when measuring size)

Edited by Bubble, 26 July 2021 - 10:05 AM.

#3430 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:45 AM

.....Audit firm ‘would not cooperate’ if investigated

He adds that in early 2018 when he started investigating Deloitte’s role, Steinhoff’s lawyers Werksmans Attorneys asked him to stop, on the grounds that Deloitte would not cooperate with the restatement of the 2014 and 2015 financial statements if it was being investigated......

#3431 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 12:49 PM

and that R1.8B head office costs..... What is that all about!?

Exactly with the R1.8 billion maybe he is lavishly supporting every resident in Stellenbosch.

#3432 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:07 AM

Louis job was to prove that the claims including his godfathers is baseless.
Instead he has been handing out our assets. I find it quite amusing when people post about Pepkor PEPCO results here because all that it does is add salt to injury. Because as well as they perform being the only reason I am invested in Steinhoff. Louis has successfully only achieved one thing. Reduce our holding in these great assets. Where will he stop nobody knows. He needs to LEAVE before doing more damage. What are we talking about the claimants. Louis has spent far more on consultants lawyers and himself than all of the claims combined. There is not one tangible benefit from a cent that he has wasted of our assets.

and that R1.8B head office costs..... What is that all about!? 

#3433 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:32 AM

Assume Jan bought Steinhoffs at R40/share he would have received 175000 shares for his R7mil. He now wants to fight for 6c in R1 by getting Steinhoff liquidated ???..that will give him R420k for his R7mil. Now, Jan most likely still has his 175000 shares. At the current price Jan's shares are already worth nearly R296k and when it reaches R2.40/share he would have his R420k and with an upside to recoup even more when the share goes higher !!!.

Louis job was to prove that the claims including his godfathers is baseless.
Instead he has been handing out our assets. I find it quite amusing when people post about Pepkor PEPCO results here because all that it does is add salt to injury. Because as well as they perform being the only reason I am invested in Steinhoff. Louis has successfully only achieved one thing. Reduce our holding in these great assets. Where will he stop nobody knows. He needs to LEAVE before doing more damage. What are we talking about the claimants. Louis has spent far more on consultants lawyers and himself than all of the claims combined. There is not one tangible benefit from a cent that he has wasted of our assets.

#3434 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 July 2021 - 08:18 PM

Vrydagmiddag - nuwe hofstukke...

Assume Jan bought Steinhoffs at R40/share he would have received 175000 shares for his R7mil. He now wants to fight for 6c in R1 by getting Steinhoff liquidated ???..that will give him R420k for his R7mil. Now, Jan most likely still has  his 175000 shares. At the current price Jan's shares are already  worth nearly R296k and when it reaches R2.40/share he would have his R420k and  with an upside to recoup even more when the share goes higher !!!.

#3435 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:38 PM

I hope he has money from other investments his claim is so little all the legal costs will be more than the claim!!!

I think the best option for Steinhoff is to take this whole thing to the courts and fight for years. In 2023 sell part of its assets and pay down the debt then fight these characters for years!!!

#3436 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:23 PM

Attached Files

#3437 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

Yup. Solid business that continues to grow in a difficult South African market.

Solid business that was " stolen" that continues to grow in a difficult South African market.

The ramifications still uncertain going forward.

#3438 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:19 AM

strong performance again

Yup. Solid business that continues to grow in a difficult South African market.

#3439 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:02 AM

Poundland owner Pepco to create 13,000 jobs over three years @ https://www.reuters....ars-2021-07-23/

#3440 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

PEPKOR HOLDINGS LIMITED - Voluntary Trading Update For The Nine Months Ended 30 June 2021 @ https://www.sharenet...0&seq=15&scode=

strong performance again

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting