#5041 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:16 AM

https://www.ls-tc.de...f-int-hld-aktie

Can anyone take a wild guess as to how the share would open today?

#5042 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:11 AM

Can anyone take a wild guess as to how the share would open today?

#5043 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

Another PEPCO store open in Spain now they have three stores.

#5044 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:12 PM

Unpredictable..perhaps a few days of hovering then pre results pump- then post results dump

This is what broke me so many times with shares. When big money gets what big money wants and this is exactly why the whole Gamestop movement happened. We won't ever be able to compete against those deep pockets. 

I feel I want to quote President Thomas J. Whitmore 

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

#5045 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:10 PM

Guys please don't have a permanent look on the share price. We should rather focus on the fundamentals and what has been achieved up to date. Too many day traders and private investors are holding this stock currently. 

So to summarize in quick what has been achieved:

- All operating units are growing even with store closures during COVID. 

- All loss generating operating units have been disposed of.

- The Steinhoff preference shares are tradeable again and there was a sharp increase in the first few days.

- A Global settlement was announced to get rid of all claims which where totaling close to 10 Billion Euros. The current Global settlement value lies at under 1 billion Euro

- Steinhoff has received creditors support to extend all debt maturity dates to mid June 2023. 

- Steinhoff has won critical court cases- Biggest win was against Conservatorium recently.

- Steinhoff has received the baking of the reserve bank.

- So all steps to start the implementation have been fulfilled and the two processed in Netherlands and in SA have started.

So what still needs to happen now?

- Steinhoff needs to get the approval from claimants. Please remember they do not need 100% support. In the Netherlands they only need 50% and in SA they need 75% of the claimants value.

- Now think about it again, who are the biggest claimants? Wiese, Conservatorium, VEB and other smaller ones. ALL of these have agreed already to accept the terms. others will follow in my opinion. But even if they don't follow I still think Steinhoff has more then 75% of the support.

- So we will all have to wait for the 30 June.

- Both schemes need to be approved for the Global settlement to become effective. 

But this will bring us to the end of Step 2

What will happen after Step 2:

- Bigger serious long term investors will be able to make proper valuations of the operating units of Steinhoff. 

- We will be able to get credit ratings again from S&P etc.

- Step 2 will open the doors for a clean audit opinion going forward. Which means funds etc. are allowed to invest in Steinhoff.

- Eventually we will see an IPO of Pepco. I however see a seriously good valuation here and this will lead to us regaining some equity due to fair value adjustments.

Where do I personally see Steinhoff in a few years:

- Steinhoff will be an investment holding company holding the following:

- 70% Pepco Group, 70% Pepkor, 50% MF. 

- They will have refinanced their remaining debt at reasonable rates.

- We will start to see dividends

Management is also currently working on Step 3 on the side.

So this again is just my personal opinion, but I see huge progress here. 

Again this is no recommendation to trade in this share.

#5046 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:59 PM

Unpredictable..perhaps a few days of hovering then pre results pump- then post results dump

#5047 CasualTrader

CasualTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:20 PM

Today was just a bad day on the market. I have 13 shares in my watch list. Out of the 13 only 2 were up. So I don't think it any real negative sentiment towards Steinhoff. Just following the rest of the market down.  

#5048 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:14 PM

All we need now is a delay in the annual report. Damn I should have sold the high but you don't know where the high is. Really saw this rocket taking off just to hit a brick wall, let's hope the wall is cracking so it can break through

if I look at Pepkor and Pepco results SNH should not be to bad

#5049 Tentative

Tentative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

Even threatening 10 cents now, wow.

How on earth did this turn from an investment with massive upside into one without bottom in 2 days ... I'll never understand the market haha.

#5050 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:07 PM

When things go well we all happy. Stock markets will retract. We should be able to distinguish between investors and traders. The share will organically rise once all the issues os sorted . Stay strong.

#5051 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:56 PM

All we need now is a delay in the annual report. Damn I should have sold the high but you don't know where the high is. Really saw this rocket taking off just to hit a brick wall, let's hope the wall is cracking so it can break through

#5052 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:45 PM

50 euro cents or zar cents..

Lol the latter

#5053 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

Interesting cannot find any short positions declared for SNH on the AFM sight: 

https://www.afm.nl/e...osities-actueel

#5054 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:49 PM

That's true, but lets say I bought R100k @ R1, sold it all @ R2 (R100k profit) and re-invested it all at R1.80, SARS will still see I made R100k profit and tax me accordingly (lets say R18k), even if the share at that point is maybe worth R1 again (overall I'm in the red but it's only a loss once I sell)

You pay tax on realized selling trades. Buying just means you have a holding and no profit or loss until you sell that hold or part of it. In your case you would pay tax on the 100k profit never mind what you do next with the money.

#5055 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:42 PM

Yes all your trade profits are added up at year end and you can deduct losses then the profit is added to your other income and you pay as per tax bracket. As a day trader I never worry about paying tax because for me to pay tax I had to enjoy a profit also so I just keep on trading.

That's true, but lets say I bought R100k @ R1, sold it all @ R2 (R100k profit) and re-invested it all at R1.80, SARS will still see I made R100k profit and tax me accordingly (lets say R18k), even if the share at that point is maybe worth R1 again (overall I'm in the red but it's only a loss once I sell)

#5056 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:40 PM

Haha can imagine IG getting fried with this volatility!!!

Yea! they are proper pricks, I'll take a look at saxo bank you linked as I am done with IG.

#5057 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:37 PM

Yea the IG markets doesnt allow us to trade it anymore, they were obviously getting their balls handed to them.

Haha can imagine IG getting fried with this volatility!!!

#5058 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:34 PM

Need some advice from the traders...

If I keep buying and selling shares I'm taxed on the profits everytime I sell right? think it's something like 18% above the R30 000 yearly threshold? How does it work, do you just make sure it drops enough to cover the tax percentage and some more to accumulate more shares

Yes all your trade profits are added up at year end and you can deduct losses then the profit is added to your other income and you pay as per tax bracket. As a day trader I never worry about paying tax because for me to pay tax I had to enjoy a profit also so I just keep on trading.

#5059 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:27 PM

Larger volumes pumping and smaller volumes dumping. We should expect there are speculative traders with high volumes as this is a very liquad share which will result in volatility.

Yea the IG markets doesnt allow us to trade it anymore, they were obviously getting their balls handed to them.

#5060 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:14 PM

The rate it's dropping it might reach my 50cents by tomorrow..... Sold out!

50 euro cents or zar cents..

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting