15225 replies to this topic

#5061 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:13 PM

Larger volumes pumping and smaller volumes dumping. We should expect there are speculative traders with high volumes as this is a very liquad share which will result in volatility.

#5062 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

The rate it's dropping it might reach my 50cents by tomorrow..... Sold out!

What a **** show, I am still going to buy more. 

is it just because of the wait until June or has something else come to light ?

@Andi you were concerned about the dividends only being declared end of 2023? 

Surely though its more of a growth stock at the moment in the way that it needs to recoup its value, then dividends for me are just a bonus.

#5063 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

Yup, still in green, waiting for tomorrow, day 3 since sens release

The rate it's dropping it might reach my 50cents by tomorrow..... Sold out!

#5064 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:59 PM

Larger volumes pumping and smaller volumes dumping. We should expect there are speculative traders with high volumes as this is a very liquad share which will result in volatility.

#5065 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:56 AM

I just stock up on 10000 more shares....doubling down

#5066 CasualTrader

CasualTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:31 AM

Today is just a bad day for me across the board. 

#5067 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:19 AM

Buy the rumour, sell the news. Fell for it again. Still, the big picture for 2021 is looking positive - SP included.

Yup, still in green, waiting for tomorrow, day 3 since sens release

#5068 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:14 AM

It depends if you are making a living from trading i.e. generating a monthly income. If so then you can also benefit from write-offs like internet, office etc. etc. 
If you don't generate an income then you are just subject to capital gains. 

Haha no monthly living off shares, almost all red (once in a blue moon I get lucky and make a few bucks), but could be nice to sell and buy again but don't want to shoot myself in the foot

#5069 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:05 AM

Need some advice from the traders...

If I keep buying and selling shares I'm taxed on the profits everytime I sell right? think it's something like 18% above the R30 000 yearly threshold? How does it work, do you just make sure it drops enough to cover the tax percentage and some more to accumulate more shares?

It depends if you are making a living from trading i.e. generating a monthly income. If so then you can also benefit from write-offs like internet, office etc. etc. 
If you don't generate an income then you are just subject to capital gains. 

Edited by DeltaHedge, 17 February 2021 - 10:09 AM.

#5070 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

Need some advice from the traders...

If I keep buying and selling shares I'm taxed on the profits everytime I sell right? think it's something like 18% above the R30 000 yearly threshold? How does it work, do you just make sure it drops enough to cover the tax percentage and some more to accumulate more shares?

#5071 Tentative

Tentative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:44 AM

Buy the rumour, sell the news. Fell for it again. Still, the big picture for 2021 is looking positive - SP included.

Ya neh... Same ol story... Pump and dump

#5072 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:35 AM

Not the normal pump and dump scenario, this Baby is on the up

Ya neh... Same ol story... Pump and dump

#5073 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:07 AM

https://www.moneyweb...y-but-worth-it/

#5074 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

Are you using a proper day trading platform ?

Yes I use saxo bank: https://www.home.sax...tforms/overview

#5075 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:45 PM

It excites me to see so many posts and ideas.  I take this in a stride sit back and think: ( having a long green beer)

1 - VEB agreed to the settlement

2 - Conservatorium now understands where it stands

3 - All other claimants what exactly options they have? According to me absolutely ZERO. I cannot see any court in the world say to creditor on a bankruptcy

" Sorry creditors you need to share your right to claims with old shareholders that today don´t own a share but lost money in share trading" This would be the ultimate joke of a judge.

So my friends the answer is clear at end all claimants will have to accept off course there will be a few die hard'ś like Conservatorium but they too will be brought  to their senses.

My simple advice stay calm let the machines fight and buy and sell on amounts that you dont need because the volatility will give everyone a chance to make lots of money in the short term.

I sold and bought a number of times today and I am expecting to do the same tomorrow.

Are you using a proper day trading platform ?

#5076 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:04 PM

It excites me to see so many posts and ideas.  I take this in a stride sit back and think: ( having a long green beer)

1 - VEB agreed to the settlement

2 - Conservatorium now understands where it stands

3 - All other claimants what exactly options they have? According to me absolutely ZERO. I cannot see any court in the world say to creditor on a bankruptcy

" Sorry creditors you need to share your right to claims with old shareholders that today don´t own a share but lost money in share trading" This would be the ultimate joke of a judge.

So my friends the answer is clear at end all claimants will have to accept off course there will be a few die hard'ś like Conservatorium but they too will be brought  to their senses.

My simple advice stay calm let the machines fight and buy and sell on amounts that you dont need because the volatility will give everyone a chance to make lots of money in the short term.

I sold and bought a number of times today and I am expecting to do the same tomorrow.

#5077 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:37 PM

https://www.news24.c...dation-20210216

Another "doom and gloom" article. Why even bring up liquidation, that was the whole point of the global settlement in the first place. May just be my perception, but it seems like this author is not up to speed with the current affairs.

8. Is liquidation the alternative to the proposed settlement and are jobs at risk?

• If SIHNV and SIHPL are unsuccessful in securing a settlement of the outstanding litigation then further progress of Steinhoff’s restructuring could be in doubt.
  • At that point, Steinhoff would consider all options open to it, having regard to the interests of all stakeholders and the respective fiduciary duties of the Supervisory Board and Management Board of SIHNV, the board of SIHPL and the boards of SIHNV’s subsidiaries.
  • Steinhoff’s firm position remains that liquidation would be a bad outcome for all stakeholders and would materially impair the value of assets available for distribution and likely diminish the amount of the claimants’ recoveries relative to the settlement. This is why Steinhoff is urging all claimants to take this opportunity to agree a settlement by supporting the proposed Schemes.

#5078 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

I'm with bushmanbob on this. There are very tasty profits to take and they can still buy in and have it grow 300%. Better to take the bird in the hand than the two hundred in the bush. We just need to be patient for a while longer. The June / July milestone have a lot of investment impatient and it is a long while off still. 

If we look at the growth we had since January up until that peak at R2,93 yesterday it was incredible growth and to be honest, SNH has been prone to wild swings in either direction before the ball was this far up the court. Remember February 1st when we closed on R2,15 and Wednesday the 3rd, closing at R1,79. PEPKOR and PEPCO are still incredibly strong brands and as mention was made earlier, the other subsidiaries are starting to turn coin and show profits. 

As much as I'd love to see this share hit R5 tomorrow, I know it can reach R10, if not the day after then in a year from now. But it is becoming more and more apparent that the dark clouds are starting to give way 

As this is also just a lot of sentiment that is holding us together, anyone with charting skills that would like to navigate us through these troubled waters? I had a look at the Day average Pivot Points and we might be in for a bit of a drop as the first support level is R2,01 and the first resistance level is R3,01. Given the growth over the last few days I don't blame that type of spread. 

Having a look at the 1 hour pivots, we are looking at support of R2,21 - R2,26 and resistance at R2,35 - R2,42. I much narrower range to start the day off with. 

Just to indulge myself I had a look at the Monthly Pivots, and the Fibonocci Pivot was almost spot on so far this month. 

Pivot point is currently at R1,84  - There was a close of R1,81 the 4th of Feb
R1 is currently - R2,39 - We closed at R2,32 today

R2 is currently - R2,72 - Yesterday we closed at R2,74

R3 is currently at R3,27 .... there's hope yet :)  

The indulgence is just for fun, as the Resistance lines aren't meant to be used as a retrospective jumprope. 

Will rely on Captain Ahab here that will guide us to our Moby ............

Edited by sommerso, 16 February 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#5079 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:56 PM

My opinion is that this pullback is to be expected for a number of reasons namely:

1) There would be significant profit taking.  Given the share price comes off the back of a price of 80-85c as recently as November.  The temptation to cash in now 

after a +- 200% rally (for those who bought at +-80c) must be very difficult to resist.

2) Todays SENS is lengthy - very lengthy and I think investors may take away 2 key items - firstly, the conclusion of the settlement may seem a lot more complex and 

convoluted than they were hoping.  Secondly, the process is still going to require some patience from investors who are "gatvol" of waiting.  

There is still big appetite for this share as can be evidenced by the almost 31 million shares have been exchanged on the JSE today so far.  At the moment there is no material change in the state of the business.  In terms of sentiment (Good Will) - we have received further good news in that SNH is a big step closer to the finalization of the settlement and sentiment - In my view - boils down to whether or not you believe tomorrow will be better than today for SNH.  I believe the ball is being nudged in the right direction by management and that these swings are purely emotion driven rather than by objective consideration of the fundamentals.
This is of course just my opinion and I am keeping an open mind to other points of view. 

I'm with bushmanbob on this. There are very tasty profits to take and they can still buy in and have it grow 300%. Better to take the bird in the hand than the two hundred in the bush. We just need to be patient for a while longer. The June / July milestone have a lot of investment impatient and it is a long while off still. 

If we look at the growth we had since January up until that peak at R2,93 yesterday it was incredible growth and to be honest, SNH has been prone to wild swings in either direction before the ball was this far up the court. Remember February 1st when we closed on R2,15 and Wednesday the 3rd, closing at R1,79. PEPKOR and PEPCO are still incredibly strong brands and as mention was made earlier, the other subsidiaries are starting to turn coin and show profits. 

As much as I'd love to see this share hit R5 tomorrow, I know it can reach R10, if not the day after then in a year from now. But it is becoming more and more apparent that the dark clouds are starting to give way 

Edited by sommerso, 16 February 2021 - 05:57 PM.

#5080 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:21 PM

I will hold on for dear life. Back in the red but who knows. Can't panic now.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting