15225 replies to this topic

#5481 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:54 AM

Hi IN, while you see extreme volatility, I see extreme simplicity. The pump and dump has been the trend for over a year now.

Prior to news Mr Market will suck you in, on the news Mr Market dumps... Buy the rumor sell the fact right?

For sure there's possibilities for a continued run up but that hasn't been the case, why play against Mr Market?... And IF Mr Market continues to pump on the fact...play accordingly.

Keep it simple bro 😋

Still 2 weeks for info to come out so expect another pump 😏

So 18% up on previous day, 5% down yesterday... Haha, while some ouks r waiting for busses to arrive, others are making ka-ching 😁

Yea and if u listened to my guru Polly.... U too would be making ka-ching

Buy the rumor sell the fact, Mr market will suck u in and spit you out.... Open ur eyes and u will see it

Edited by Lionelza1, 07 January 2021 - 04:56 AM.

#5482 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:44 AM

This share is extremely volatile and not sure what stimulates it.. up one day, downntoday atbtradegate...could we see 5 percent down..tomorrow.

Hi IN, while you see extreme volatility, I see extreme simplicity. The pump and dump has been the trend for over a year now.

Prior to news Mr Market will suck you in, on the news Mr Market dumps... Buy the rumor sell the fact right?

For sure there's possibilities for a continued run up but that hasn't been the case, why play against Mr Market?... And IF Mr Market continues to pump on the fact...play accordingly.

Keep it simple bro 😋

Still 2 weeks for info to come out so expect another pump 😏

Edited by Lionelza1, 07 January 2021 - 04:45 AM.

#5483 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:03 PM

This share is extremely volatile and not sure what stimulates it.. up one day, downntoday atbtradegate...could we see 5 percent down..tomorrow.

#5484 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

SA Covid-19 variant appears to evade antibody drugs, which is 'very concerning' - ex-FDA chief

https://www.business...gottlieb-2021-1

#5485 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

What is short medium and long. The share has performed opposite to predictions in the past. If Louis and them change maybe this will happen.

Hi Zanme if you are serious about SNH then I suggest you think about the following:

1 - Not so long ago Mattress Firm single handed brought down SNH it was bust. The Chairman thought it was a great investment.

2 - Conforama was a bad dream loss making but debt been hidden.

3 - Australian business was not making much profit

However at that time all above was problems people were prepared to pay over R70 per share and SNH was a big flyer.

Now we have the following:

1 - Mattress firm is again profitable

2 - Poundland doing very well

3- Aussie business turned around

And now we saying the share is with nothing? Can you see how the front wheels are on the back and the back wheels in the front.

I have not even touched on the Pep business.

Can you imagine buying a share today for R1 tat is with R70 think just on the future dividends.  For me this SNH issue will be discussed for many years in Economics and Accounting 101 for years.

We need to keep our common sense intact all these issues will take time to solve but the big question is there a good business model?

For me for sure there is nothing compared with PEPCO in Europe and SA.

I think the American electorate has been having Jooster lessons. Hahah

#5486 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

Yea? U sound like a gambler! Id rather miss the bus.

I've been in plenty situations where the bus didn't even arrive at all with this share and made big losses, so I changed my strategy... And making money bro....

I'd rather make money the way I am doing now, than worry about missing busses.

Makes no sense at all what ur saying

And this is not advice I'm giving... Just my experience.... Hip hip hooray if that bus comes... And you R2 and R9 and R50 nogal... Fok where u getting ur green beers from in this lockdown

#5487 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:11 PM

Hi Lionel have you ever been in a situation that the bus was coming to the bus stop and you were close but the driver did not see you and drove away. I have had some of those and its not nice then you need to sit in the bus stop wait for the next bus! Haha watch this show!!!

Yea? U sound like a gambler! Id rather miss the bus.

I've been in plenty situations where the bus didn't even arrive at all with this share and made big losses, so I changed my strategy... And making money bro....

I'd rather make money the way I am doing now, than worry about missing busses.

Makes no sense at all what ur saying

#5488 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:54 PM

All the best for 2021 to all, just to keep some activity on the forum and for interest sake, where do you all see this share in the :

Short Term (3months)

Medium (1 year)

Long term (2 years+)

no need to provide reasons and asking everyone not to attack one another for their views, just interested to see where we all see this share going...

Without explanation and just my gut feel here's my take :

Short Term (3months) : R1.40

Medium (1 year) : R3

Long term (3 years+) : R8

Hi GutfeelTrader

My own predictions:

Short Term (3months): R2.00

Medium (1 year): R9.00

Long term (2 years+) R22.00

One more step 3 years : R50

#5489 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:50 PM

That’s if the next bus ever arrives, u might have to catch it 5km down the road aka R2.50

Haha DeltaHedge well picked up thatÂŽs what I was insinuating!!!

#5490 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

What is short medium and long. The share has performed opposite to predictions in the past. If Louis and them change maybe this will happen.

For me it's the following:
Short term - 1 to 2 years
Medium term - 3 to 5 years
Long term - 5 years plus

#5491 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Hi Lionel have you ever been in a situation that the bus was coming to the bus stop and you were close but the driver did not see you and drove away. I have had some of those and its not nice then you need to sit in the bus stop wait for the next bus! Haha watch this show!!!

That’s if the next bus ever arrives, u might have to catch it 5km down the road aka R2.50

#5492 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

Pump has started earlier than I anticipated

Jump on boys and girls... Fastest fingers on the sell button will bring you that kaching ..... Dont get greedy now .....will be tested on the R1. 50 mark

Hi Lionel have you ever been in a situation that the bus was coming to the bus stop and you were close but the driver did not see you and drove away. I have had some of those and its not nice then you need to sit in the bus stop wait for the next bus! Haha watch  this show!!!

#5493 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:10 PM

Markus Jooste appelleer teen boete van R161 m.

Markus Jooste, voormalige uitvoerende hoof van Steinhoff, het geappelleer teen die boete van R161 miljoen wat die Gedragsowerheid vir die FinansiĂ«ledienstesektor (FSCA) aan hom opgelĂȘ het weens binnehandel.
Dit is die grootste boete nog vir binnehandel in Suid-Afrika.
Die FSCA het die bevel op 29 Oktober uitgereik ingevolge art. 167 van die Wet op die Regulering van die Finansiële Sektor. Jooste het 60 dae gehad om aan te dui of hy wil appelleer.
Die boete hou verband met ’n teksboodskap wat Jooste op 30 November 2017 aan vier individue gestuur het waarin hy hulle aanmoedig om hul aandele te verkoop voor sekere inligting aan die res van die mark bekend gemaak word.
Drie van diegene wat die teksboodskap ontvang het, het sy raad gevolg en van hul aandele verkoop.
Dit was die Donderdag voor Steinhoff op Dinsdag 5 Desember sy geouditeerde jaarstate sou uitreik.
Steinhoff het op 4 Desember aangekondig hoewel hy steeds sy jaarstate gaan uitreik, gaan dit nie sy geouditeerde state wees nie.
Op 6 Desember 2017 is egter aangekondig dat die jaarstate nié uitgereik gaan word nie, dat ondersoek na rekeningkundige ongerymdhede gedoen gaan word en dat Jooste met onmiddellike ingang bedank.
Dit het Steinhoff se aandeelprys in duie laat stort.

Wat sĂȘ die teksboodskap?
Die FSCA verwys na die teksboodskap wat op 30 November om 10:38 gestuur is aan Jaap du Toit, in daardie stadium voorsitter van KAP, wat deur Steinhoff besit is. â€œJy het altyd my opinie gevra . . . Steinhoff gaan lank sukkel om al die bad nuus en Amerika te verwerk so daar is beter plekke om jou geld te belĂȘ, vat onmiddellik die huidige prys en delete hierdie SMS en moenie aan enige noem nie.”Du Toit het aan die ondersoekers van die FSCA bevestig hy het die waarskuwing per teksboodskap gekry, maar het nie op die inhoud daarvan gereageer nie. Die ondersoekers het op grond van Jooste se selfoonrekords bepaal hy het vermoedelik ook die teksboodskap aan drie ander mense gestuur – dr. Gerhardus Diedericks Burger, Marthinus Jaco Swiegelaar (in daardie stadium Jooste se drywer) en wyle Ockie Oosthuizen sr., ’n vriend van hom. Swiegelaar het bevestig hy het die teksboodskap ontvang. Hy het 4 Desember al 400 sy aandele verkoop. Burger het ook erken hy het die boodskap gekry, maar kon nie onthou of daar iets oor Amerika daarin was nie.Burger het dieselfde middag twee opdragte aan sy makelaars gestuur op advies van Jooste, eers om die helfte van ’n familietrust se aandele te verkoop en toe alles. Oosthuizen se familiemaatskappy (van wie ’n groot klomp aandele verkoop is nĂĄ die boodskap) ontken hy het die boodskap ontvang.

Agtergrond oor binnekennis
Steinhoff was van Oktober 2017 af in ’n geslote tydperk omdat die oudit van sy finansiĂ«le state onderweg was. Ondernemings is in ’n geslote tydperk in besit van binne-inligting en dit is nodig dat amptenare van maatskappye aan streng vereistes voldoen om binnehandel te voorkom.
Dit sluit in streng vertroulikheid oor pryssensitiewe inligting waaroor hulle beskik.
Die uitspraak van die FSCA skets wat van September tot Desember 2017 agter die skerms gebeur het waarvan Jooste en die ouditeure, Deloitte Nederland, kennis gedra het. Dit sluit in ’n Duitse ondersoek na potensiĂ«le rekeningkundige ongerymdhede en die oortreding van wetgewing ten opsigte van die finansiĂ«le state.
Die FSCA verduidelik hoe ernstig die situasie in daardie stadium deur Deloitte Nederland beskou is.
“Deloitte Nederland het geglo die beweerde ongerymdhede is ernstig en het van Steinhoff vereis om met ’n forensiese ondersoek te begin,” lui die FSCA se bevel.
Deloitte wou onder meer hĂȘ die publikasie van die resultate vir die boekjaar tot einde September moet uitgestel word.
Deloitte Nederland het vrae oor talle sake nog so laat as 29 November 2017 geopper op ’n vergadering met Jooste.
Volgens die FSCA is “Jooste in geen onsekere terme ingelig dat die bestuur van Steinhoff (insluitende Jooste) die maatskappy oor jare heen van reusebedrae geld beroof het en dat die ouditeure motiveer vir ’n onafhanklike forensiese ondersoek”.

Jooste ‘het nie geweet’
Jooste het in sy voorleggings aan die FSCA aangevoer hy is ná die vergadering met die ouditeure deur Christo Wiese (toe nog voorsitter van Steinhoff) ingelig die ouditeure dring nie meer aan op ’n forensiese ondersoek nie, en dat hulle voortgaan om die 2017-oudit af te handel.
Jooste sĂȘ hy is eers in die middel van die dag op 30 November, nadat hy die SMS-waarskuwing gestuur het, ingelig dat die ouditeure van mening verander het en nie gaan afteken op die jaarstate nie.
Daardie namiddag is hy ingelig die ouditeure is onwrikbaar oor hul siening dat Steinhoff ’n onafhanklike forensiese ondersoek oor beweerde bedrog en rekeningkundige ongerymdhede moet laat doen.
Hy voer aan die teksboodskap bevat nie binnekennis nie omdat hy nie in daardie stadium geweet het die ouditeure gaan aandring op ’n forensiese ondersoek nie en dat dit nie spesifieke inligting bevat het wat nie reeds in die openbare domein was nie.
Hy sĂȘ as ’n waarskuwingsteksboodskap aan Swiegelaar gestuur is, is dit ongelukkig en sonder enige bedoeling gestuur. Hy het aangevoer Burger se getuienis oor die teksboodskap is vaag en moet betwyfel en verwerp word en dat Oosthuizen nooit so ’n boodskap gekry het nie.

Dit is ‘doelbewus gestuur’
Die FSCA sĂȘ egter hy het tot die slotsom gekom dat die “waarskynlikheid oorweldigend is dat die boodskap aan Du Toit, Swiegelaaar, Burger en Oosthuizen gestuur is”.
“Die doel van die boodskap is duidelik en doelbewus. Die mark, veral aandeelhouers van Steinhoff, het gewag vir die finansiĂ«le resultate . . . In diĂ© konteks waarsku die boodskap hulle van komende probleme, en raai hulle aan om te desinvesteer.
“Dit is baie duidelik toe hy die boodskap gestuur het, het hy beskik oor inligting wat spesifiek was, nie openbaar was nie en pryssensitief was en dat hy die inligting gehad het in sy posisie as uitvoerende hoof.
“Dat Steinhoff se ouditeure waarskynlik nie die finansiĂ«le jaarstate sou afteken nie weens die vermoede van wesenlike bedrog en rekeningkundige ongerymdhede wat sover terug strek as 2009, asook die gebrek aan ouditbewyse, was nie bekend aan die mark nie en duidelik pryssensitief.”
Oosthuizen se familiemaatskappy Oscan Investment Enterprise (wat deur ENS verteenwoordig word) appelleer ook teen ’n boete van R115 miljoen wat die onderneming in ’n aparte uitspraak ontvang het, want daar word ontken hy het so boodskap ontvang.

Burger en Swiegelaar appelleer nie.

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#5494 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Infact pay attention to the dump and then the slow poison till week3 in Jan.. When Mr market will suck u in again in anticipation of news.... I'll join that
Train for a very short period 😁

Pump has started earlier than I anticipated

Jump on boys and girls... Fastest fingers on the sell button will bring you that kaching 😁..... Dont get greedy now 😋.....will be tested on the R1. 50 mark

#5495 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

Nice little jump on Tradegate and locally, can't really see the reason just yet?

#5496 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

#5497 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

#5498 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:32 PM

Short term - R1.50
Medium term - R2.30
Long term - R3.00

I think that this is more realistic as Covid still needs to play out 

We havent really seen the damage done to GDP come thru

#5499 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:32 AM

Short term - R2.50
Medium term - R6.00
Long term - R19.00

Might be optimistic but if they tick off any one of the items currently holding down the share price (e.g. Settlement) I believe it will change the risk profile of the company significantly.

#5500 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

All the best for 2021 to all, just to keep some activity on the forum and for interest sake, where do you all see this share in the :

Short Term (3months)

Medium (1 year)

Long term (2 years+)

no need to provide reasons and asking everyone not to attack one another for their views, just interested to see where we all see this share going...

Without explanation and just my gut feel here's my take :

Short Term (3months) : R1.40

Medium (1 year) : R3

Long term (3 years+) : R8

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting