andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Some alternative points by Polly:

"Some alternative views :

1. All the talk of Pepco or Milo whatever etc...Increasing stores does not mean higher bottom line.  Chasing turnover does not mean bigger profits

In todays recessionary times most of the established retailers throughout the world are restructuring , closing down stores retrenching staff , moving from high rental areas to cheaper rentals etc. Opening in HIGH Street means astronomical rentals to be paid.  Not a very clever idea especially when you work on a small markup targeting budget lines and customers.

I disagree here Polly, in the news article they mention that like for like sales have increased by 7%. So financially it does make sense to open new stores. With the new stores they have managed to up their revenue with 14%. For european standards thats an exceptionally strong increase which shows that the business is performing well. 

2. Talk in PS thread of Pepkor USA and Europe.. ok Europe is on the road and expanding but see 1 above. Now has the South African retail model ever worked elsewhere in the world for any  of our retailers? Ever? Show me one successful one? Just one... More hope i say.

Pepkor USA was an idea put out not a fact that Steinhoff will ever do this. 

3. One post " The reason I am invested in SNH is for the Pepkor Europe there are 500 mil people in the EU 10 times more than in SA

so Pepkor Europe will become much bigger than Pepkor SA!" So if Shoprite goes to India or China where their population is 500 times more than South Africa will you invest in Shoprite on that basis?  Why is Shoprite not going that route?

Good point by Polly, however you have forgotten to mention that the crux of expanding into a new country is to get passed government to get the licenses etc. Pepkor Europe is established in this market and thus a a way bigger customer base in Europe then in SA. So it is a valid point to say that europe has more potential customers. 

4. and i love the "Cleanest AFS" and " one of the Strongest retailers in the Worls" part.....More hope or a non event? or fact or fiction?  getting carried away boys  TOTALLY!!!"

Well this will be a discussion point as it cannot be proved who has the cleanest AFS, however you can be sure that Steinhoff AFS are double checked by everyone lol. (Hawks, Auditors, Advisors, Investors etc)

Thank you Polly for the Tekki Town article. Interesting tho that they are only talking about the legal costs which need to be paid by Pepkor SA. Do you know how much these were? 

#8202 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

Cant get any more shares at r1.25 today...
Will still try ...for 100000 more at this price...be good even if i can get 50000 more

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#8203 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

volumes are super low...

I think everybody on sideline waiting for consent approval!!

#8204 Dell

Dell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

volumes are super low...

#8205 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Yes true, what I also think is that the future Steinhoff will focus on Pepkor Africa and Pepkor Europe. I think  the next call will be that they gonna sell the Australien business. And in the next few years sell MF and Confo and use that money to reduce debt. I think by then we will see one of the strongest retailers in the world if they continue to grow with these figures.

I agree and further once restructure is in place and a strong balance sheet then they can go again for bonds at 1.25%.

Remember SNH will have the cleanest financials in the world!!! Also the main reason to have strong controls that will
make it easier to get cheaper finance.

Edited by DayTraderDad, 28 June 2019 - 12:26 PM.

#8206 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

There may bean opportuniyy for a pepkor usa??

I believe that is possible because they maybe can use the MF infrastructure and logistics.

Edited by DayTraderDad, 28 June 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#8207 Dell

Dell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

Hi captain... Unfortunately I'm no expert, only small bit of auditing experience... That was quoted straight from the annual report...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#8208 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:43 AM

There may bean opportuniyy for a pepkor usa??

#8209 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

The reason I am invested in SNH is for the Pepkor Europe there are 500 mil people in the EU 10 times more than in SA
so Pepkor Europe will become much bigger than Pepkor SA!

Anyway this is what I think!!!

Yes true, what I also think is that the future Steinhoff will focus on Pepkor Africa and Pepkor Europe. I think  the next call will be that they gonna sell the Australien business. And in the next few years sell MF and Confo and use that money to reduce debt. I think by then we will see one of the strongest retailers in the world if they continue to grow with these figures.

#8210 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

The reason I am invested in SNH is for the Pepkor Europe there are 500 mil people in the EU 10 times more than in SA
so Pepkor Europe will become much bigger than Pepkor SA!

Anyway this is what I think!!!

#8211 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

They will issue a SENS close of business today. Either to say that CVA Consent 4 was approved or to give the market the monthly restructuring update.

I really hope CVA will be approved today otherwise going to be a rough Monday!!!!

#8212 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

So lets chat about the debt restructuring..what does that look like...

Yes interesting my take:

Total debt to restructure is 7.9 bil
MF: 2.9 bil
Confo:1.6
Greenlit: 0.4 bil

Left with SNH: 3 bil

#8213 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

https://m.zonebourse...-brie-28825329/

Conforama’s  e-commerce business must be growing. Why would they build the biggest warehouse in Europe to date? Hopefully all this good news trickling in will open the eyes of some big investors. For Example: Mattress firm and Temper Sealy’ renewed relationship. Pep&Co to launch in 500 more Poundland and Dealz stores =7.7% increase in sales per store. Pepkor’s central Europe expansion drive = 14.2% increased sales for half year.

1H19 results and Investors presentations in July. Approval by creditors today…..Maybe a bolt out of the blue share price movement up coming soon?

I hope that you right but I think this was still part of the MJ master plans and one of the reason for the need for more cash for Confo!!!
I cannot remember were but one of the updates they mentions the needs to finance prior Dec 2017 commitments.

#8214 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

Extract from the letter to creditors:

Extension of the CVA Long-Stop Date 2.3.1 For the reasons set out in this letter, it is no longer possible to complete all of the Restructuring Steps on or prior to 30 June 2019 and it will be necessary to extend the CVA Long-Stop Date to 5:00 p.m. (London time) on 9 August 2019, (or such later time as may be agreed in writing by the relevant parties specified in the definition of CVA Long-Stop Date). 2.3.2 The Group’s revised target is to complete the Restructuring under the CVAs by end of July 2019 but given the steps required to implement the intra-group reorganisation an additional short period has been included in the revised CVA Long-Stop Date. As previously detailed, as part of the Restructuring it is expected that, once the Implementation Conditions Notice is given the Restructuring Effective Date is estimated to occur approximately 20 Business Days later. The Group’s internal target is to achieve Implementation Conditions Notice by early July 2019. If Implementation Conditions Notice is not achieved by the of the first week of July 2019 the Restructuring Effective Date may occur after the end of July 2019.

I hope that this is the final final step. 

#8215 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

https://uk.fashionne...er,1103942.html

“Poundland continues to outperform the wider UK high street,” the retailer said, citing the differentiation that its Pep&Co clothing concessions bring to the chain. Its fashion offer is now in around 300 branches out of its 875-store total. And it continues to tweak that total as it exits underperforming shops, relocates some stores to bigger spaces and opens new ones.

Pepkor as a whole saw first-half sales of €1.7 billion, a hefty 14.2% increase that was helped by the firm’s central Europe expansion drive.

CEO Andy Bond said: “Pepkor Europe is rapidly developing into a strong, geographically well balanced pan-European variety discount retailer. The strength of the group’s trading performance in the first half year reflects our market-leading positions within a core discount segment accessed by an increasing number of customer

Thanks Milo, seems like the core business are flourishing. With all this news I think we will see a good run up of the share price to HJ 1 numbers. 

#8216 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:54 AM

They will issue a SENS close of business today. Either to say that CVA Consent 4 was approved or to give the market the monthly restructuring update.

#8217 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

https://m.zonebourse...-brie-28825329/

Conforama’s  e-commerce business must be growing. Why would they build the biggest warehouse in Europe to date? Hopefully all this good news trickling in will open the eyes of some big investors. For Example: Mattress firm and Temper Sealy’ renewed relationship. Pep&Co to launch in 500 more Poundland and Dealz stores =7.7% increase in sales per store. Pepkor’s central Europe expansion drive = 14.2% increased sales for half year.

1H19 results and Investors presentations in July. Approval by creditors today…..Maybe a bolt out of the blue share price movement up coming soon?

#8218 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

#8219 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

In my humble opinion im, in uk regulary...pound shop cheap so needs big turnover but hectic busy..all them..and they trying go few brands little more expensive but still good bread and butter money..that sector should make it ...just my opinion ,,queues go out queue area

#8220 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

https://uk.fashionne...er,1103942.html

“Poundland continues to outperform the wider UK high street,” the retailer said, citing the differentiation that its Pep&Co clothing concessions bring to the chain. Its fashion offer is now in around 300 branches out of its 875-store total. And it continues to tweak that total as it exits underperforming shops, relocates some stores to bigger spaces and opens new ones.

Pepkor as a whole saw first-half sales of €1.7 billion, a hefty 14.2% increase that was helped by the firm’s central Europe expansion drive.

CEO Andy Bond said: “Pepkor Europe is rapidly developing into a strong, geographically well balanced pan-European variety discount retailer. The strength of the group’s trading performance in the first half year reflects our market-leading positions within a core discount segment accessed by an increasing number of customers.”

And he expects that as the company grows bigger, its size will help it disproportionately on the profits front. “With the benefit of scale leverage in Pepco and targeted efficiency improvements within Poundland, profit growth in the half-year will be stronger than the revenue growth reported today,” he added.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting