15225 replies to this topic

#8481 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

Don't get upset with people and situations. Both are powerless without your reaction.

I must confess, the SNH Situation is getting the better of me. Specifically this Good news, no reaction we had today.

Stay with one group, creating more and more groups is not going to help. Best solution is to "Just agree to disagree, and move on".

If there is a bear market then more money will flow into small caps with upside potential and people will buy cheaper affordable necessary goods instead of luxury goods. If the restructuring is approved then it means Steinhoff will not liquidate and that the share price can at least reach R5 this year or am I completely wrong? The underlying businesses are doing ok and getting better every day and not going backwards.

The court case will happen but Heather Sonn said there main priority is to protect the business and employees and current shareholders so they will not give in to the vultures. I also don’t understand this share anymore. Does not respond on good news like previous times.

#8482 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

OR, they can just stop bickering, regardless of who's the victim. The best way to deal with a yapper is to ignore his / her yapping. As for why certain persons were left out of my 'chastisement', do we really need to go there? Let's stick to the subject and ignore the rest. 

Final word on the subject from me. 

I have no problem with you action or inaction.  Do or do not.  It is the consistency that is the issue.  By not taking action consistently, the drama will return.  You mark my words.  IT WILL RETURN.

Save this post! 

#8483 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

The point was more about being consistent and fair. 

You cannot chastise someone who reacts in self-defense.  Or if you choose to do this by whatever logic you are applying, then apply your logic consistently.

OR, they can just stop bickering, regardless of who's the victim. The best way to deal with a yapper is to ignore his / her yapping. As for why certain persons were left out of my 'chastisement', do we really need to go there? Let's stick to the subject and ignore the rest. 

#8484 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

Don't get upset with people and situations. Both are powerless without your reaction.

I must confess, the SNH Situation is getting the better of me. Specifically this Good news, no reaction we had today.

Stay with one group, creating more and more groups is not going to help. Best solution is to "Just agree to disagree, and move on".

The point was more about being consistent and fair. 

You cannot chastise someone who reacts in self-defense.  Or if you choose to do this by whatever logic you are applying, then apply your logic consistently.

#8485 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Good points Captain and totally agree but I have two additional point that might be influencing to add to your list:

1 - Brexit uncertainty - A hard brexit will be very bad for the UK economy and will put it into recession as a big chuck of SNH business is done
in the UK that could mean more losses and drop in revenue.

2 - Due to the continuous disturbance of trade wars there is talk of a recession coming thus making investor less prone to invest in riskier
shares.

Just some things to think about!

Point 1 does not really stand up to scrutiny.  As per the AFS2017 the total revenue from the UK is Poundland E1805 + UK Household goods E711.  this is roughly 13.5% of Steinhoff's total revenue of E18818.

Even from an Operational Income or EBITDA perspective it is far too small to sway the overall trajectory of a behemoth like Steinoff.

Point 2 is possible.  The Trade Wars have definitely impacted businesses, especially the emerging markets businesses.  The previous post that I made where colleagues in the US and I assessed the retail picture of South Africa clearly reflected that retailers in general and not just Steinhoff are impacted negatively. 

It could of course, be argued that Steinhoff is not a South African business as less than 33% of Steinhoff's revenue comes from South Africa.  Unfortunately many folks still see it as a South African business.

Incidentally, did anyone see the inversion in the US 10-Year and 3- Year T bills.  The last 7 time this happened it ushered in a recession in the US.

Regards

Captainfrom82

#8486 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

All it needs for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Two members have been insulting people continually on this forum.  After complaints, these two left this Steinhofff group and started their own Group. 

However, from time to time they return to this Group for no other reason than to insult members for their posts.  This has now taken a deeply personal attack form. 

I want to put it across that DTD reacted as possibly as could be expected. 

This morning one of those two problem members insulted DTD again.  Incredibly because DTD had posted what I though was a perfectly acceptable reason (international markets negative reaction to the Chinese economy numbers).  DTD again showed admirable restraint.

The question is why has Lionelza1 not been publicly sanctioned by New John and Bubble?

Your posts and you will be next to be personally insulted unless strong action is taken. 

I have no doubt that I will now bear the brunt of their anger.  Bring it on!!!  But out of respect to other members, please create a new Group where we can have our differences aired.  Let me know when this is done.

Regards

Captainfrom82

#8487 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

Playing devil's advocate here...alternatively, maybe the actual situation is a lot worse than the rank and file (non-institutional)  investors actually understand. 

The negative press can maybe be attributed in South Africa and maybe to some extent Deutschland.  But then why are investors in the US, UK, France etc, not piling in?

Steinhoff for me has now three big issues :

a) Are they waiting for the legal process to be completed in full via the English Courts (many a slip twixt cup and lip, and all that)?

B) The litigation is a serious cause for concern and investors want to wait until they can quantify the value of the net impact on Steinhoff.

c) They have fears about the quality of the underlying Steinhoff businesses, and feel that the potential reward is not  a fair reflection of the risk.

Best Regards
Captainfrom82

Good points Captain and totally agree but I have two additional point that might be influencing to add to your list:

1 - Brexit uncertainty - A hard brexit will be very bad for the UK economy and will put it into recession as a big chuck of SNH business is done
in the UK that could mean more losses and drop in revenue.

2 - Due to the continuous disturbance of trade wars there is talk of a recession coming thus making investor less prone to invest in riskier
shares.

Just some things to think about!

#8488 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

You have hit the nail on the head I believe.

Until such time that the message at the end of any SENS “Shareholders and other investors in the Company are advised to exercise caution when
dealing in the securities of the Group.”
we won’t see any major upswing. And that, can take a looong time.

You are going to wait a long time, if you are waiting for that to disappear. 

It is a standard disclaimer issued by most companies for example when companies are in discussions about acquisitions, disposals, even fantastic tradings updates like Pepkor's came with this disclaimer...

#8489 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Playing devil's advocate here...alternatively, maybe the actual situation is a lot worse than the rank and file (non-institutional) investors actually understand.

The negative press can maybe be attributed in South Africa and maybe to some extent Deutschland. But then why are investors in the US, UK, France etc, not piling in?

a) Are they waiting for the legal process to be completed in full via the English Courts (many a slip twixt cup and lip, and all that)?

B) The litigation is a serious cause for concern and investors want to wait until they can quantify the value of the net impact on Steinhoff.

c) They have fears about the quality of the underlying Steinhoff businesses, and feel that the potential reward is not a fair reflection of the risk.

Best Regards
Captainfrom82

You have hit the nail on the head I believe.

Until such time that the message at the end of any SENS “Shareholders and other investors in the Company are advised to exercise caution when
dealing in the securities of the Group.”
we won’t see any major upswing. And that, can take a looong time.

#8490 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Yes I agree the main reason why the share price is low at the moment is because of negative media news to run Steinhoff down. I think there is a lot of politics involved. And then no coverage of excellent news like the final approved steps in restructuring that can take share price higher.

Playing devil's advocate here...alternatively, maybe the actual situation is a lot worse than the rank and file (non-institutional)  investors actually understand. 

The negative press can maybe be attributed in South Africa and maybe to some extent Deutschland.  But then why are investors in the US, UK, France etc, not piling in?

c) They have fears about the quality of the underlying Steinhoff businesses, and feel that the potential reward is not  a fair reflection of the risk.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#8491 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Interesting has anyone seen any article on SA media about the approval? It is amazing when bad news comes media is full of articles running SNH down
with the multiple reasons why it will fail but when positive news comes out no one talks and if they talk then always find something negative!!!

Yes I agree the main reason why the share price is low at the moment is because of negative media news to run Steinhoff down. I think there is a lot of politics involved. And then no coverage of excellent news like the final approved steps in restructuring that can take share price higher.

#8492 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

I agree with you!! They can stop now.

I follow the German forum, they have the same topics/arguments as we have here. But, they agree and disagree and move on.

Polly and DTD. You two have ruined this forum. As much as everyone tries to ignore your constant childish behavior, it still deters productive conversations.
Cut the s@&t and leave the keyboard warrior attitudes for another place?
Or just leave the forum for good and let some new blood set the tone.

All it needs for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Two members have been insulting people continually on this forum.  After complaints, these two left this Steinhofff group and started their own Group. 

However, from time to time they return to this Group for no other reason than to insult members for their posts.  This has now taken a deeply personal attack form. 

I want to put it across that DTD reacted as possibly as could be expected. 

This morning one of those two problem members insulted DTD again.  Incredibly because DTD had posted what I though was a perfectly acceptable reason (international markets negative reaction to the Chinese economy numbers).  DTD again showed admirable restraint.

The question is why has Lionelza1 not been publicly sanctioned by New John and Bubble?

Your posts and you will be next to be personally insulted unless strong action is taken. 

I have no doubt that I will now bear the brunt of their anger.  Bring it on!!!  But out of respect to other members, please create a new Group where we can have our differences aired.  Let me know when this is done.

Regards

Captainfrom82

#8493 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:37 AM

I think people are misreading the sens. they only see the extension of long - stop date to 30 June and not the approval of CVA consent that was the good news. Maybe the news in Europe was misinformed or something and they will wake up later.

Interesting has anyone seen any article on SA media about the approval? It is amazing when bad news comes media is full of articles running SNH down
with the multiple reasons why it will fail but when positive news comes out no one talks and if they talk then always find something negative!!!

#8494 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

Interesting article:

https://www.esmmagaz...irst-half-75648

Highlights:

Pepkor Europe, which operates the Poundland discount banner in the UK and Dealz in Europe, has posted sales of €1.7 billion in the first half of its financial year, an increase of 14.2% on the same period last year.

Store growth for the half-year was up 11.9%.

Growth was largely driven by the expansion of the group's PEPCO banner in Central Europe, which saw revenue growth of 32.2% in the period to €805 million, despite Polish Sunday trading restrictions.

Its Poundland Group business, which includes Dealz, posted revenue of €920 million in the period, which was 1.6% higher on the same period last year. Store growth at Poundland was up 0.5%.

'Poundland continues to outperform the wider UK high street driven primarily by the competitive differentiation from the introduction of clothing ‘shop-in-shops’, now present in approximately 300 stores, and measured product range extension to support a broader range of price points,' the group said.

#8495 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

31.05.2019 ( www.4investors.de ) -Last night interesting news for the Steinhoff share, which had previously fallen in XETRA trading to 0.093 Euro came. At the major European financing companies of the retail group, the restructuring of debt seems to be finally progressing. There had previously been a long tug-of-war over the terms of the agreement between companies and creditors. Now, the necessary majority of creditors have agreed to the last proposed changes, Steinhoff International said. It could be the breakthrough in the reorganization of European finance companies. The SDAX-listed group hopes that with the current version of the terms, the final version has been achieved.

The downward movement, which has shaped the image of the Steinhoff share at EUR 0.1362 since the interim high of 8 May, could therefore still not be overcome. Yesterday, the historical low at 0.0816 euros and the here lying, to 0.083 / 0.085 euros reaching support mark came back into the spotlight - and stopped. The Steinhoff share was sold at EUR 0.0853 and 1.5 percent short of the day. This morning, the indications for the share of the Dutch-South African company with German roots at 0.086 / 0.087 euros, indicating smaller recovery potential.

However, this is not enough for the share price breakthrough. The bullish scenario for Steinhoff's share price remains as sketched by us. Only a rise above the resistance levels between 0.088 / 0.089 euro and 0.092 / 0.093 euro could let obstacles between 0.096 euro and 0.098 / 0.099 euro become next target brands. Superordinate important signal brands can even be found at and above 0.0125 / 0.0129 euros. Until then, it is still a long way to go for the volatile Steinhoff share.

At the bottom, the last sigal stamps mentioned by us in the 4investors chart check for Steinhoff remain decisive. The first technical support is at 0.083 / 0.085 euros and the Thursday low at 0.0816 euros. If there are new sell-signals at these supporting brands, it could quickly go down to 0.075 / 0.077 euros or down to the all-time low at 0.071 euros.

#8496 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

New name, brand for Steinhoff sofa making unit amid plan to capitalise on investment
steinhoffUK Upholstery
Supplying Harveys is the primary focus of the sofa supply division, based here in South Wales. Image: Google.

Steinhoff UK Upholstery has a new name, brand and logo as the circa £95 million turnover supplier, whose main focus is and continues to be supplying Harveys, explores ways it can maximise its capacity.

https://www.thefurni...e-on-investment

#8497 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:56 AM

I have a thriving logistics business bro

yes i was too stupid to buy into this usless share.....useless as  now  i understand a bit more how markets work but by no means a guru

i wont insult you further....instead wish u good luck

newbies be very carefull what u read on this thread...

If you are a smart has you say then you would understand the first thing in business is respect for people.
Second by now 60% of all trading in the JSE is done by computers running algorithms which work on news and sentiment instead of value.
So the negative sentiment on world markets will be one of the inputs. Thus I was not misleading with my comment!!!

Now you to telling people to be careful about my posts is a sign that your knowledge of share trading is limited.
I have said over and over again I have no need to tell lies of mislead people because this forum is not so important that what I say will affect
the share price.
I have also told you many times this thing called "pomping" that you always talk about is Gambling and that is what you should be warning newbies
about how you got caught.
Please I ask lets treat each other decently no need to insult people!!!

#8498 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

I think people are misreading the sens. they only see the extension of long - stop date to 30 June and not the approval of CVA consent that was the good news. Maybe the news in Europe was misinformed or something and they will wake up later.

#8499 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

So I guess you want back in the real world!!!!

Do you kneed to borrow my glasses? I guess not you to stupid to understand indices!!!!

You might not even know the difference between red and green!!!

I have a thriving logistics business bro

yes i was too stupid to buy into this usless share.....useless as  now  i understand a bit more how markets work but by no means a guru

i wont insult you further....instead wish u good luck

newbies be very carefull what u read on this thread...

#8500 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:29 AM

So I guess you want back in the real world!!!!

Do you kneed to borrow my glasses? I guess not you to stupid to understand indices!!!!

You might not even know the difference between red and green!!!

Forgot to mention you must be tired of talking to yourself!!!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting