#8521 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Dad.
What’s your thoughts on the audit opinion? Could that affect institutional investors?

I cannot see any change in the audit opinion until the H1-2019 which I believe will reflect a much different picture than the AFS 2018
especially on the NAV because MF would be deconsilidated.

I believe some institutional investors have been involved in buying already by looking at volumes traded but they have investing rules
that may prevent them until the audit opinion changes to a going concern.

Maybe if we get the CVA request agreed then we might see a rise and people don't want to left behind and I recon a shortage of share will
take place because people would not want to sell. That may force those guys to start buying.

#8522 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

Interesting reading

https://pepco.eu/abo...ut-the-company/

Shops we already have: 1.636   
As of: 30.05.2019 

They are pumping big time..

Hi Chris,

Any idea when this web-page was designed/made public?

Regards

Captainfrom82

#8523 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

Hi LarryK,

There is still the following to fix:

1 - Greenlit Brands to complete its restructuring I read a while back they want to sell the general merchandise - Best & Less and Harris Scarfe to reduce debt.
There was also talk earlier of a possible IPO for the Greenlit Brands. Maybe they could sell down to below 50% and consolidated would reduce SNH debt by E204 mil
2- The UK business needs fixing I believe they working on it maybe sell part of it?

But once the restructure is done then SNH will get back to a strong business just like the Chairwomen said!!!

Thanks Dad.
What’s your thoughts on the audit opinion? Could that affect institutional investors?

#8524 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

Chris between pepco and pepkor they have 6968 stores.
That’s impressive

#8525 Chris101

Chris101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

Interesting reading

https://pepco.eu/abo...ut-the-company/

Shops we already have: 1.636   
As of: 30.05.2019 

They are pumping big time..

#8526 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:54 PM

Afternoon Dad, Andi, all

Cva should be sorted by today.
Mf restructured
Pepkor had very impressive results imo
Pepco Europe performing well.

What’s left to sort out?
Conforama?
What about the audit opinion?

I’ve been adding shares and do believe in the long term potential of the company. Would like your opinion on challenges left to get share close to fair nav?

Hi LarryK,

There is still the following to fix:

1 - Greenlit Brands to complete its restructuring I read a while back they want to sell the general merchandise - Best & Less and Harris Scarfe to reduce debt.
There was also talk earlier of a possible IPO for the Greenlit Brands. Maybe they could sell down to below 50% and consolidated would reduce SNH debt by E204 mil
2- The UK business needs fixing I believe they working on it maybe sell part of it?

But once the restructure is done then SNH will get back to a strong business just like the Chairwomen said!!!

#8527 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

Afternoon Dad, Andi, all

Mf restructured

What’s left to sort out?
Conforama?

I’ve been adding shares and do believe in the long term potential of the company. Would like your opinion on challenges left to get share close to fair nav?

Sorry and the legal claims 🙈🙈🙈

#8528 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Can’t wait for the short sellers to be squeezed out. They have a negative impact on the stock. The bottom of this share should be 1.80 and R1.40

R1.80 and not R1.40. The shorters are pushing it down too much. They are in for a surprise if they don’t follow the sense news.

#8529 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

I agree for me this CVA is the most important because like Captain said at a stroke of a pen SNH becomes a going concern with all doom sayers
back into the cupboard!!!! But SA media will find something to cause lots of negative news.

For me the nail in their coffin going to be the H1-2019 when MF is consolidated.

Afternoon Dad, Andi, all

Mf restructured

What’s left to sort out?
Conforama?

#8530 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:37 PM

Can’t wait for the short sellers to be squeezed out. They have a negative impact on the stock. The bottom of this share should be 1.80 and R1.40

#8531 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

I don't think everyone here understands how important this lock up agreement is. If a SENS is published tonight that agreement is in place we can all lie back and enjoy the ride upwards until results are published in June. They still need to post monthly update on refinancing so i think they waiting to get everything solved to publish SENS either today or tonorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

I agree for me this CVA is the most important because like Captain said at a stroke of a pen SNH becomes a going concern with all doom sayers
back into the cupboard!!!! But SA media will find something to cause lots of negative news.

For me the nail in their coffin going to be the H1-2019 when MF is consolidated.

#8532 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

Yeah they will obviously find something negative to type. Trust me there are so many paid people who are spreading negativity about steinhoff in all forums. Short sellers are making so much money with this share from shareholders who think they might make some quick bucks.

In my own opinion i think as soon as the lock up agreement is sorted, the 2018 AFS are published and the HJ 2019 are out we will see a continous rise in the share price.

Have a look at Pepkor numbers. They where really good. Good profits good outlook etc. And still people will try and find negative stuff to post.

#8533 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

I don't think everyone here understands how important this lock up agreement is. If a SENS is published tonight that agreement is in place we can all lie back and enjoy the ride upwards until results are published in June. They still need to post monthly update on refinancing so i think they waiting to get everything solved to publish SENS either today or tonorrow.

Jip, do you not think people factored a positive outcome in already. (Not that the share price show that at the moment.)

German Forum also note the importance.

I am sure Warren and Ann will find something negative to publish shortly after/if the good news come out, probably typed the article already (Viceroy's favorite journo's)

#8534 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

Extended to 30th May 5 pm https://www.lucid-is...05/CVA3EXT2.pdf

#8535 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

#8536 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

Indeed. SHP down 29% for past 12 months. 10.79 YTD. albeit most of it was self inflicted, I’m in the retail industry, and can say that those PEPKOR results were a bolt from the blue! (See what I did there) :D

Can we at least try and blame SA's retail woes on Seifert?  This was MJ's stock response for Steinhoff's problems.

I mean, Seifert seems like a nice enough chap.  I am sure he wouldn't mind.

#8537 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:05 AM

Two Tesco directors cleared of fraud as judge labels case 'weak'

Crown court jury instructed to acquit duo over the £250m black hole in profits in 2014

How easy is it to prove fraud versus aacounting malpractice ....?....perhaps in steinhoffs case it may be eaiser...or pehaps not....?

What quantum of the right down can you put to as fraudulant and poor business .....

This is going to be long long case and settlement may not be the quantum everyone expects. And steinhof maybe able to claim the quantum from third parties and insurers....

Its a long and painful journey but if you have cents to risk.....i would gamble on this share.....not sense....

The more the media gets frantic the more i am convinced to go the opposite. Have followed the tesco debarcle for many years .... media were all over and now silenced.....

Good point also it make be dissimilar cases. 

For the MJ case, it should be relatively easy to prove the related party transactions.  There were many, and going back to far longer that the 9 years that is reflected in the PwC report of overstated profits.  The overstatement of income was small fry in the greater scheme of things - less than 10%.

The reason for this is that at the beginning, many of the related party transactions benefited MJ and his cronies when they used Steinhoff as a personal bank and sold assets at a vastly overstated price to Steinhoff a few years after acquiring them.  These include the forestry deal, a large number of properties in SA, Europe and Australia.  However, these transactions while fraudulent, did not inflate the Steinhoff revenue or earnings.  They "merely" increased costs of assets and therefore overstated the balance sheet.  

The above could have been somewhat managed if there were no contagion.  But there was. The higher Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) led to enormous write downs in Goodwill & Intangibles..

1. On the balance sheet, Impairing the assets (E12.3b)  led to an anemic net asset position.

2. Equity was restated down by E10.9b

The result was that the NAV per share (before the additional MF impairments introduced on the AFS2017) dropped by 66%.

There is a pretty solid case against MJ.  He will be found guilty and he will end up as a guest of the State.

But the effect of his actual personal benefit scheme was chicken feed compared to the consequential losses to Steinhoff and by association the shareholders.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#8538 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

I think that this is very positive news since the extension requested is just ONE day.

If the (revised) CVA 3 sign up were in jeopardy, they would not have asked for one day.  Negotiations take significantly longer than a day.  This seems to be more a procedural issue that they will resolve.

The deadline for the right to object has passed on 10 Jan for everyone else bar Seifert.  Seifert and LSW withdrew their application of objection and end March, so no new objections will be allowed.

The impact of this CVA 3 would be enormous.   At the stroke of a pen, Steinhoff goes from a company who cannot be said to be a going concern to a going concern.

Richard Heiss should be knighted :)

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#8539 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Two Tesco directors cleared of fraud as judge labels case 'weak'

Crown court jury instructed to acquit duo over the £250m black hole in profits in 2014

How easy is it to prove fraud versus aacounting malpractice ....?....perhaps in steinhoffs case it may be eaiser...or pehaps not....?

What quantum of the right down can you put to as fraudulant and poor business .....

This is going to be long long case and settlement may not be the quantum everyone expects. And steinhof maybe able to claim the quantum from third parties and insurers....

Its a long and painful journey but if you have cents to risk.....i would gamble on this share.....not sense....

The more the media gets frantic the more i am convinced to go the opposite. Have followed the tesco debarcle for many years .... media were all over and now silenced.....

#8540 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:11 AM

Share price also down due to volunes available exiting....but some keen mopping up should see the share price rally

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting