15225 replies to this topic

#8541 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

Without wishing to minimize the internal or micro-economic factors (fraud and accounting irregularities) in Steinhoff, it seems that external or macro economic factors probably played as much of a key factor in the Steinhoff share price movement over the past year.

There is a clear evidence and correlation between them that around Dec2018 all retailers lost around 15% to 20% of market cap.

There is a similar case for February (although of a different magnitude) and again in April. All retailers lost significantly in May 2019.

So, all those times that Steinhoff's share price tanked, and you were wondering why? It turns out that it was not all about Steinhoff.

It seems that South Africa's economic outlook is part of the reason. Worryingly, your currency the ZAR is down today significantly, although as I type this it has improved by ZAR0.12 over the past hour.

Best Regards
Captainfrom82

Indeed. SHP down 29% for past 12 months. 10.79 YTD. albeit most of it was self inflicted, I’m in the retail industry, and can say that those PEPKOR results were a bolt from the blue! (See what I did there) :D

#8542 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

Extended to 30th May 5 pm https://www.lucid-is...05/CVA3EXT2.pdf

FFS!

#8543 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:30 PM

Haha yes I agree it's time to start seeing green!!!

Maybe if there is a good cabinet tonight most of the shares will go up tomorrow including Steinhoff.

#8544 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

Extended to 30th May 5 pm https://www.lucid-is...05/CVA3EXT2.pdf

#8545 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

If it does get approved tonight there is going to be a gap in the share tomorrow. Hopefully a wide gap up and no turning back had a enough of this waiting game

:angry:  :angry:

#8546 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

I hope it will be approved today.Auction volumes not as high as yesterday!!!

If it does get approved tonight there is going to be a gap in the share tomorrow. Hopefully a wide gap up and no turning back had a enough of this waiting game

:angry:  :angry:

#8547 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

If the CVA sign-off is done today then share will go up from here. Another delay again maybe?

I hope it will be approved today.Auction volumes not as high as yesterday!!!

#8548 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

If the CVA sign-off is done today then share will go up from here. Another delay again maybe?

#8549 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Captain very interesting in Dec 2018 I noted in the Somerset West Mall the only shops excluding food retailers that were busy
was Ackerman's and Pep. Pepkor results confirmed what I saw.

I don't think many people are taking note of the serious situation the South African consumers is facing cash is definitely
in short supply!!!

Don't believe it will get any better shortly so that proves the business model of Pepkor is a winner recipe.

With a rand at this level next month or so there will be another massive petrol increase which will put further pressure
on the consumers cash.

#8550 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

Consumer confidence improves a little in the second quarter

https://www.business...second-quarter/

Without wishing to minimize the internal or micro-economic factors (fraud and accounting irregularities) in Steinhoff, it seems that external or macro economic factors  probably played as much of a  key factor in the Steinhoff share price movement over the past year.

There is a clear evidence and correlation between them that around Dec2018 all retailers lost around 15% to 20% of market cap.

There is a similar case for February (although of a different magnitude) and again in April. All retailers lost significantly in May 2019.

So, all those times that Steinhoff's share price tanked, and you were wondering why?  It turns out that it was not all about Steinhoff. 

It seems that South Africa's economic outlook is part of the reason.  Worryingly, your currency the ZAR is down today significantly, although as I type this it has improved by ZAR0.12 over the past hour.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Attached Files

Edited by Captainfrom82, 29 May 2019 - 03:34 PM.

#8551 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

Consumer confidence improves a little in the second quarter

https://www.business...second-quarter/

#8552 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

If I had to ask you who is the best performing retailer in terms of the share price performance, over the past year would any of you answer "Steinhoff"?  But it is a fact.

I agree Steinhoff has a great business model great opportunity to buy PPH this morning!!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 29 May 2019 - 12:54 PM.

#8553 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

Any idea on why Pepkor share price currently down 5% after interim results, and 50% consensus forecast indicated as Sell?

If I had to ask you who is the best performing retailer in terms of the share price performance, over the past year would any of you answer "Steinhoff"?  But it is a fact. 

#8554 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Any idea on why Pepkor share price currently down 5% after interim results, and 50% consensus forecast indicated as Sell?

#8555 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Steinhoff's Mattress Firm names former TV executive as new CEO
Mattress Firm, still the largest U.S. beds retailer despite downsizing following a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganisation, has appointed John Eck as its new chief executive.

#8556 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

29.05.2019 ( www.4investors.de )

This could be an interesting day for the Steinhoff share: The important South African subsidiary Pepkor Holdings Limited, formerly STAR, has published quarterly figures. Still, stand shortly after 8 clock, these are not on the company's website to find - depending on how these fail, but this could have an impact on the recently again fallen significantly stock price of the parent company Steinhoff International. Their share certificate ended yesterday's XETRA trading at 0.0856 euros near daily low and 4.57 percent in the down.

An attempt on Monday and Tuesday, with an outbreak over technical hurdles between 0.088 / 0.089 euro and 0.092 / 0.093 euro again to come out of the bearish movement of the days before, failed. At 0.0915 euros and thus at the top of the two resistance areas ended on both days, the recovery movement. Consequently, there was a renewed setback yesterday, but the Steinhoff share has so far not dropped decisively towards the all-time low at EUR 0.071 and the support zone above it.

Positive news would urgently need Steinhoff's share price. The view of the chart technical situation shows closely spaced support at 0.083 / 0.085 euros and the Thursday low at 0.0816 euros - the bearish low of the downward movement, which had started a few days earlier at 0.1362 euros and continues to dominate the short-term picture. If there are new sell-signals at these supporting brands, it could quickly go down to 0.075 / 0.077 euros or down to the all-time low at 0.071 euros.

On the bullish side, it remains the case: A rise above the resistance levels between 0.088 / 0.089 € and 0.092 / 0.093 € could be obstacles between 0.096 € and 0.098 / 0.099 € to be next target.

Current indications for the Steinhoff share are quoted on Wednesday morning at 0.086 / 0.089 euros.

Yesterday, personnel changes were reported in the Pepkor management. Daniel van der Merwe will leave the Board of Directors with immediate effect, Pepkor announces today. Van der Merwe will be replaced by Luis du Preez in various staff committees of the panel.

New to the board of directors of Pepkor comes Theodore de Klerk. The Manager is Operations Director at Pepkor parent company Steinhoff International Holdings NV. and has been working for the Dutch-South African retail group since 2003.

#8557 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:41 AM

So we have excellent results from Pepkor SA. Given the current environment in South Africa they have managed to generate around 2.2 billion € for the first 6 months. This would give us around 4 billion for the year. A sustainable EBIT for 2019 is sitting at 500 Million. These number are way above my and Sarel Oberholsters conservative predictions. 

Guys 2019 results will be strong if they can continue this momentum in my own opinion. 

Good start to the day now just the announcement of CVA would be great.

Yes I agree any thoughts why the share price pulled back???

#8558 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Polly and DTD. You two have ruined this forum. As much as everyone tries to ignore your constant childish behavior, it still deters productive conversations.
Cut the s@&t and leave the keyboard warrior attitudes for another place?
Or just leave the forum for good and let some new blood set the tone.

New John I totally agree that the behaviour yesterday (which is much the same every time Polly enter the forum with insults) however I am just as
tired of being called a fraud and liar because I am a day trader and comments I enter on my own opinion get attacked.
Quite sure you will not enjoy if I keep on insulting you.
I joined this forum to exchange information and opinions and I put information for everyone to read.
I believe everyone has a right to post his thoughts and interaction should be respectful however I do feel if one does not stand up to people
that insult others then the forum remains full of useless insulting comments.
Even Captain that post fantastic posts get insulted regularly by Polly.
No one should have the right to insult people for their opinions.
Trust this makes sense I am the first one that encourage disagreement because that how people learn but respect for your next should be top priority.

#8559 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

Sad thing about IG needing to stoop so low for cheerleaders. Seriously pathetic tactics for attention from desperate non-performers. 

JSE, Steinhoff, SNH

Steinhoff looks to have been working within Minor wave 2. This can be 2 or the A of the 2nd zigzag, either way it indicates as a low. FWIW.

https://jsecharts.bl...inhoff-snh.html

snh-d-270519.png

viribus

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#8560 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

So we have excellent results from Pepkor SA. Given the current environment in South Africa they have managed to generate around 2.2 billion € for the first 6 months. This would give us around 4 billion for the year. A sustainable EBIT for 2019 is sitting at 500 Million. These number are way above my and Sarel Oberholsters conservative predictions. 

Guys 2019 results will be strong if they can continue this momentum in my own opinion. 

Good start to the day now just the announcement of CVA would be great.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting