#9741 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Y

But you see I will never say that DTL going to zero the management are crooks etc.

because it wont go to zero...you buying brick and mortar....naw over R9.00...fire sale will will get you at least 30%..... and no managements are not crooks , unlike SNH!!  No fraud ,,,,,,pure circumstances....and the beauty part...govt still tenants but on monthly tenancy and paying higher rentals than what the lease offers... Stupid or what , but rental income still flowing...

Who am i to complain with a +20% yield....let it park there forever if needs be....

Agree my timing to add was wrong , but had to to get average down....If i was patient could have bought most below R2.00 instead of 3 4 and 5....but thats the risk you got to take...

Also not pumping to say its a good investment.....end of this month will determine that.....not going to make quick money gambling like SNH....either still lose capital but still get my divi income ...For others depends on how quick they want to get rich....if so , not one to invest in thsi one...

Edited by Polly, 25 March 2019 - 03:26 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9742 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

for the record , bought another  75000 shares today @ average R1.58 ( 125000 shares to go)

and also for the record hold 200000 shares in textron average cost R4.51 ( div yield over 20%)...divi of .36c due tomorrow...

believe this is a property cycle in play....unloved by market at moment...hold for divi until cycle changes..be it 2 years , 5 years or 10 years

live off juicy dividend....

Yes that good thoughts however for me it different, I find buying into a company that depends on long term government rentals (gravy train) is less secure than SNH because the SA government is close to bankrupt so in time will have no money to pay for luxury property hence why they are reluctant to take the long term leases.

Growthpoint already said rentals falling in all sectors not sure there is much upside in SA economy in the near term.

But you see I will never say that DTL going to zero the management are crooks etc. I just simply don't invest there and walk away.

#9743 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

https://sasportstrad...kkie-on-a-roll/

Mr Haha..heres tekkie Town....

House of cards re pyramid continues to unfold....

Edited by Polly, 25 March 2019 - 03:09 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9744 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

Ho and you the bright spark that is invested in Delta Properties that's hoping the gravy train will produce more leases!!!! Just take a good look at the DLT chart and tell me how much it has fell!!!!

for the record , bought another  75000 shares today @ average R1.58 ( 125000 shares to go)

and also for the record hold 200000 shares in textron average cost R4.51 ( div yield over 20%)...divi of .36c due tomorrow...

believe this is a property cycle in play....unloved by market at moment...hold for divi until cycle changes..be it 2 years , 5 years or 10 years

live off juicy dividend....

#9745 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Anyone think it’s a good time to add a few shares or wait and see? It’s got the tendency to go up quite fast and then drop slowly

Spanner in the wheel is Seifret. If he can be sorted first hurdle over. Then share price move up a little then restructuring and move up more and then financials shoot up. Also Wiese help with restructuring even more upside. That is my opinion so I will buy a little bit more just in cases all this scenarios plays out. 

#9746 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Hi DTD,

Steinhoff impaired E12.3b on the 31 March 2018 Balance Sheet.  As of last week, Steinhoff confirmed that if there any further changes to the 1H18 equity, they would immediately let the markets know.    By my thinking unless there was something material that they have not previously  included, they are not going to impair anything further on the Balance sheet.

The E6.5b you are referring to is the overstatement of income - An Income Statement adjustment.  This in part led to the impairments above.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Hi Captain,

Many thanks yes that true but I was referring to the comment the CEO made when in the parliament is words were something like this" the report identified 6.5 bil but we have impaired 11 bil"

I am just wondering if SNH did not by change actually impaired more then necessary/required.

What do you think is it be possible such scenario?

#9747 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

Difficult to say for me BREXIT is a big risk until it is sorted now looks like Prime Minster is about to loose her job so ( I really hope not)  and on other hand I still have a thought that maybe a sense might come out before the 18th April with revised accounts for the 31 March 2018 because as CEO said SNH impaired 11 bil yet the PwC was talking about 6.5 bil.

So at present difficult to say for every bil revised will affect NAV by about 23  Euro cts. There is a 4.5 bil difference

Another is this week SNH goes to court about the LSW and there required to receive approval from creditors for the amendments to the CVA by the tomorrow 1800h London time.

Hi DTD,

Steinhoff impaired E12.3b on the 31 March 2018 Balance Sheet.  As of last week, Steinhoff confirmed that if there any further changes to the 1H18 equity, they would immediately let the markets know.    By my thinking unless there was something material that they have not previously  included, they are not going to impair anything further on the Balance sheet.

The E6.5b you are referring to is the overstatement of income - An Income Statement adjustment.  This in part led to the impairments above.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#9748 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

https://www.fin24.co...ftware-20190325

#9749 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Anyone think it’s a good time to add a few shares or wait and see? It’s got the tendency to go up quite fast and then drop slowly

Difficult to say for me BREXIT is a big risk until it is sorted now looks like Prime Minster is about to loose her job so ( I really hope not)  and on other hand I still have a thought that maybe a sense might come out before the 18th April with revised accounts for the 31 March 2018 because as CEO said SNH impaired 11 bil yet the PwC was talking about 6.5 bil.

So at present difficult to say for every bil revised will affect NAV by about 23  Euro cts. There is a 4.5 bil difference

Another is this week SNH goes to court about the LSW and there required to receive approval from creditors for the amendments to the CVA by the tomorrow 1800h London time.

#9750 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

#9751 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

No where’s there’s not enough yang on here without you Polly.

Enjoy your time in Aus and safe travels.

#9752 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:19 PM

anyway guys and doll , i leave for Australia ( Ozz) on Wednesday....for a whole month...

Chance for pumpers to freely pump the shares..Newbies be carefull and dont fall for it!!

Haha be careful don't buy anything there remember Woolis!!!! Have a nice holiday I better close out my short share will now go up!!!

#9753 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

anyway guys and doll , i leave for Australia ( Ozz) on Wednesday....for a whole month...

Chance for pumpers to freely pump the shares..Newbies be carefull and dont fall for it!!

#9754 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

Food for thought:

The last time we had a  SA share listing in Europe it had a one disastrous result. Wonder if the same will happen to Naspers

#9755 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

SNH the thoroughbred racehorse bred by MJ...was on  a spin in Sa...Then took it overseas to take on the best!!

all in the meantime this horse was doped!!

Germans were too quick to pick up the dope part unlike SA where he had connections.... tests conducted and confirmed positive..

Once the most celebrated breed of animal , now left to run with 2 legs only...

Why make it suffer anymore, why race it , its only confusing the die hard punters.....Be humane and out it down for Gods sake!!!!

There you go boys and girls...

At long last Polly has revealed his true colors.  It took a while, and it was like pulling out teeth without anesthetic, but we got there in the end.

POLLY WANTS STEINHOFF TO FAIL AND BE SHUT DOWN

Now, all his bias and hatred of the past is explained.

DTD, you were correct all along.  This dude hates Steinhoff so much, he wants it to fail.  You nailed his position last year!

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#9756 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

Couldn't resist posting this one... R132/share... Couple years later whats the reality hey

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Whow I guess there is people drinking much more green beer than me. At present would be more like Shoprite buy out SNH.

#9757 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

Last time I checked it did not have that option.... Anywayz I wouldn't try it out unless I'm looking at live prices.... Fnb 15min delay which is useless

If you go to the trade window the prices should be live you just need to refresh the page. I cannot tell because don't have FNB account.

#9758 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

Rumor mill is churning again and whispers around the watercooler was that Mr Wiese is possibly thinking of having Steinhoff purchasing Shoprite. Now we don't know his thoughts to be sure, but the retirement of Mr Basson as Shoprite CEO so shortly after rumours and speculations were printed I have a question

What will Steinhoff shares do if it would purchase Shoprite and what would Shoprite shares do with such an offer on the table? Could Steinhoff suddenly trade at R132 a share? Or are they looking at only a 10% or 15% climb?

Couldn't resist posting this one... R132/share... Couple years later whats the reality hey

#9759 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

At the end of the day , what i say means nothing , niks ....

Its price that talks and money walks!!!  :D

So Polly specially for you the joke of the day: (You see what I tell you about accountants)

https://www.business...-fire--sort-of/

Deloitte under fire — sort of
One of the problems Irba could have in disciplining Deloitte is that most of the fraud happened in Steinhoff Europe — which was audited by a German company. But did Deloitte assess that work properly?

The big joke then the Germans have been looking for 4 years and still nothing yet all the conspiracy theories.

Like I told you read the link I put on my post " MJ Accounting Manual for DUMMY's"

#9760 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

I told you before if you want I can teach you to short your own shares. First you need to read the guide how to be a day Trader. You can short your own share in FNB!!!

Last time I checked it did not have that option.... Anywayz I wouldn't try it out unless I'm looking at live prices.... Fnb 15min delay which is useless

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting