• Please log in to reply
15225 replies to this topic

#13081 woolhoff

woolhoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

morning guys....lost 500k yesterday with that lame buy at R2.80.....and this useless share continues to drop this am

R2.50 shoud hold strong with all the volumes that was bought in last week? or could we exect further drops?

Lionel just breathe...you will recover it and make more.

#13082 woolhoff

woolhoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:06 AM

morning guys....lost 500k yesterday with that lame buy at R2.80.....and this useless share continues to drop this am

R2.50 shoud hold strong with all the volumes that was bought in last week? or could we exect further drops?

Are we not expexting a positive sens to lift the price today?

#13083 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Something weird eith fnb yet again my share account ehat i spent is 79000 rand down and says my snh shares i spent is 2.66 well happy days except if add my missing money to snh spend my average is 3.04 now ehat should be...ill have ring them later...ring them maybe shares did sell...theyve had ti many days eith computer glitches!!!

#13084 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hold on Lionel..if they come out solution mattress or something interesting 26th...could go up...dont dump at a loss....so hard make it back then

i thought i sold out before the 2nd drop yesterday but not according to fnb....it all happened so fast! this market dont know how to chill eish

not going to sell at a loss, i'm going to pump again for avg to come down and hoping to get it right.

but in oct im out this thing not for me....fckn giving me pulpatations and ****

#13085 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hold on Lionel..if they come out solution mattress or something interesting 26th...could go up...dont dump at a loss....so hard make it back then

#13086 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

#13087 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

concurr this is of strategic benefit and the company comes out of this for the better... The share price will get hammered.... Maybe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Stock get hammered for a while - buy more :-)

#13088 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

Actually is bankruptcy not so bad for mattress firm in US. It is more like debt restructuring or business rescue. It gives SNH opportunity to renegotiate lease agreements and get rid of stores where there are 2 mattress firms next to each other (due to acquisitions). They will find finance, and interest rates are very low compared to SA. At he moment americans histerical cause the repo rate may go up from 1.75% to 2%. So a lending rate of for example 4% would be considered loan sharking :-) It also will not be the mothership, just mattress firm.

concurr this is of strategic benefit and the company comes out of this for the better... The share price will get hammered.... Maybe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#13089 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

And thanks Jk

Welcome

#13090 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

Over and out guys and polly...polly you sitting on your sunlounger shorting our share 😂 or from golf club 😂

#13091 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

And thanks Jk

#13092 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Thanks tom and rex..if your birthday all good 😁 i know that re bankruptcy in states but think market would seriously see that as a very dirty word...abd ooops share goes down......

#13093 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Loosing it....whats happening 26 September?

(As far as I think I know)
Court session in the Netherlands, to decide if the plea of NV is to be accepted, so whether or not VEB can include NV as one of the respondents (this happens before the trial begins).
(VEB is trying to include as many respondents as they can which includes many other parties (e.g. Deloitte, ABSA, Barclays and Commerzbank, former CEO and CFO and their insurances, ...etc.).

Probably the plea will be taken into consideration, however the court will accept to include all the parties as respondents in the trial, as as it stands now there is nothing to prevent such thing where the case is complicated, and the allegations are yet to be discussed and cannot be easily proven and there's no standard way as to what and how the compensation (if any) will be calculated, and who will be paying what percentage of it.

#13094 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

(As far as I think I know)
Court session in the Netherlands, to decide if the plea of NV is to be accepted, so whether or not VEB can include NV as one of the respondents (this happens before the trial begins).
(VEB is trying to include as many respondents as they can which includes many other parties (e.g. Deloitte, ABSA, Barclays and Commerzbank, former CEO and CFO and their insurances, ...etc.).

Probably the will be taken into consideration, however the court will accept to include all the parties as respondents in the trial, as as it stands now there is nothing to prevent such thing where the case is complicated, and the allegations are yet to be discussed and cannot be easily proven and there's not standard way as what and how the compensation (if any) will be calculated, and who will be paying what percentage of it.

#13095 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

This day is my birthday, hope something good

#13096 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

My only worry is they dont come up with money fund mattress firm...as i think chapter 11 bankruptcy on that could cause shares drop horribly....and im wondering who will fron that mich extra money....everything else sounds good...

Actually is bankruptcy not so bad for mattress firm in US.  It is more like debt restructuring or business rescue.   It gives SNH opportunity to renegotiate lease agreements and get rid of stores where there are 2 mattress firms next to each other (due to acquisitions).  They will find finance, and interest rates are very low compared to SA. At he moment americans histerical cause the repo rate may go up from 1.75% to 2%.  So a lending rate of for example 4% would be considered loan sharking :-) It also will not be the mothership, just mattress firm.

#13097 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

#13098 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

My only worry is they dont come up with money fund mattress firm...as i think chapter 11 bankruptcy on that could cause shares drop horribly....and im wondering who will fron that mich extra money....everything else sounds good...

#13099 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

My take there was people that had shorts (Poly - Hahah) on SNH at 2.54 (or there about) as the share started to jump from the 14th Sept from 2.41 to the 2.54 at close they had to take cover buy buying long positions that is what made the share jump to the 2.90 now as people start taking profit the people that bought the longs to cover the short positions have to sell. It should stabilise again from here. The only hope we have of SNH to go up is if big investors start moping up shares and not to sell them so every time there is less shares available then a mother of short squeezes will take place and eventually speculator will leave the share alone. My hope!!!

So when u short a share(knowing it will drop right?) ... U borrow from broker(1000 shares) and sell it say 2.50 and when it hits say 2.30 u buy 1000 shares and give it back and pocket diff?

If I got that right..... The more shorts in the market each time they short the overall share price will drop?

#13100 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

Any opinion or information about why would Steinhoff be able or not be able to find finance (or incremental liquidity or loans) for Mattress Firm?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting