15225 replies to this topic

#1341 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:23 PM

Have you added the EUR 1.983bil cash they held end Sep 20.

Which, would have increased to end Sep 21

Please look in the financials March 2021 ( page 42 - note 2.3) corporate cash is only Eur 1 bil  ( I made a mistake before thought the cash in the balance sheet was all for SNH NV but is not) then we also need to take into account the settlement payment of over Eur 1,5 bil.

I agree there might be some more cash we will see in the end of the month!!

#1342 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:16 PM

Looks like the Zloty Machine is malfunctioning today and on its way to the ATL of 42,2   :rolleyes:

https://www.marketwa..._recentlyviewed

Haha has been malfunctioning now for a while!!

PERFORMANCE 5 Day
  • -6.67%
  •  
1 Month
  • -10.29%
  •  
3 Month
  • -11.96%
  •  
YTD
  • -8.20%

#1343 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:15 PM

I do believe the pillar 3 has been on going for a while even before the settlements sorted.

I know that SNH management will re-negotiate the debt otherwise SNH will be bankrupt. SNH Management has absolutely no leverage (in my view walking with the hat in their hand) with the creditors.

Look whats happening, Pepco share price has fallen further this morning by -1.8% to 43.41 Zloties giving a value of Eur 4,3 bil to thew SNH holding.

Pepkor 48,8% holding (excluding the freebee for Trevo)  is with Eu 2,3 bil 

So total good assets value of Eur 6,6 bil now wanting to have a big conversation with creditors how they will pay the Eur 12 bil?

Further with no MF dividends, Pepco also not giving dividends how will they pay the debt?

The more I think about this SNH will settle with creditors by giving away the golden goose Pepco, a big chunk of Pepkor , MF and Greenlit Brands.

I really hope that I am wrong but will continue to frink fanny & green beer! Hahaha

All I am doing is pointing out serious issue of the debt for people to take into account in their calculation and not be caught one more time an loose lots of money!!!

Have you added the EUR 1.983bil cash they held end Sep 20.

Which, would have increased to end Sep 21

#1344 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:14 PM

DEBT
The high interest rates have
placed pressure on Steinhoff.
but if it can lower interest rates
to between 5% and 6% and
halve debt to about €5bn,
Kovalchuk believes it will
become a profitable company.
Steinhoff has already been
working on reducing debt. In
2021, it listed about 20% of its
shares in Pepco on the Warsaw
stock exchange, raising $1. In to
pay down debt,

As per page 10 of todays business day (the article posted earlier this morning behind the paywall)

Interesting how people make statements without thinking!!! ( in my view)

Eur 5 bil at 5.5% (taking average on the range) = Eur 275 mil - from where is this yearly cash coming from?

Payment of debt to Eur 5 bil! What assets are left after paying Eur 7 bil debt? (roughly)

#1345 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:08 PM

Looks like the Zloty Machine is malfunctioning today and on its way to the ATL of 42,2   :rolleyes:

https://www.marketwa..._recentlyviewed

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#1346 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:06 PM

https://www.news24.c...live-20220105-8

#1347 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 11:21 AM

pillar 3 of their strategy was to re-negotiate the debt.....which I think is at an advanced stage already if I remember correctly.....would this change your opinion if successful?

I do believe the pillar 3 has been on going for a while even before the settlements sorted.

I know that SNH management will re-negotiate the debt otherwise SNH will be bankrupt. SNH Management has absolutely no leverage (in my view walking with the hat in their hand) with the creditors.

Look whats happening, Pepco share price has fallen further this morning by -1.8% to 43.41 Zloties giving a value of Eur 4,3 bil to thew SNH holding.

Pepkor 48,8% holding (excluding the freebee for Trevo)  is with Eu 2,3 bil 

So total good assets value of Eur 6,6 bil now wanting to have a big conversation with creditors how they will pay the Eur 12 bil?

Further with no MF dividends, Pepco also not giving dividends how will they pay the debt?

The more I think about this SNH will settle with creditors by giving away the golden goose Pepco, a big chunk of Pepkor , MF and Greenlit Brands.

I really hope that I am wrong but will continue to frink fanny & green beer! Hahaha

All I am doing is pointing out serious issue of the debt for people to take into account in their calculation and not be caught one more time an loose lots of money!!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 13 January 2022 - 11:24 AM.

#1348 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 11:02 AM

DEBT
The high interest rates have
placed pressure on Steinhoff.
but if it can lower interest rates
to between 5% and 6% and
halve debt to about €5bn,
Kovalchuk believes it will
become a profitable company.
Steinhoff has already been
working on reducing debt. In
2021, it listed about 20% of its
shares in Pepco on the Warsaw
stock exchange, raising $1. In to
pay down debt,

As per page 10 of todays business day (the article posted earlier this morning behind the paywall)

#1349 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:49 AM

I would not be surprised (and I have taken seroius thoughts in that) that at the end that will happen.

My reasons why I think that:

1 - The debt was not passed on to the business unit with the exception of MF.

2 - It is still ringing in my head the comment made by the PIC boss that the SNH survival would be to retun to SA.

3 - There is also a deal between SNH and PIC which (somehow its forgoten by all) was not made public and my own opinion the deal is that SNH would exchange SNH shares for Pepkor.

4 - Why did CW sell out of SNH and only taking Pepkor shares? Surely if SNH was to become a strong company in future very sure he would be the fist to know.

5 - The value of Pepco holding is double that of Pepkor so if SNH sold Pepkor they would only get maximum Eur2 bil this would only cover the interest due. So the only option they have is to sell part or all of Pepco to the creditors and then only have a small holding in Pepkor.

That then brings my valuation in play and do believe at the end all SNH shareholders would be given Pepkor shares for their SNH shares well diluted.

The payment of the bebt remains for me a serious?

pillar 3 of their strategy was to re-negotiate the debt.....which I think is at an advanced stage already if I remember correctly.....would this change your opinion if successful?

#1350 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:32 AM

PEPCO and Warsaw SE after todays financials @ https://www.marketwa..._recentlyviewed

Yes very sad at viirtual some price as listing. I guess the Polish not as excitable as the Germans! Haha

Edited by DayTraderDad, 13 January 2022 - 10:32 AM.

#1351 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:30 AM

Do you believe they will eventually wrap up SNH and de-list?...once all the businesses have listed individually?
And if so, how would that play out for the investors?

I would not be surprised (and I have taken seroius thoughts in that) that at the end that will happen.

My reasons why I think that:

1 - The debt was not passed on to the business unit with the exception of MF.

2 - It is still ringing in my head the comment made by the PIC boss that the SNH survival would be to retun to SA.

3 - There is also a deal between SNH and PIC which (somehow its forgoten by all) was not made public and my own opinion the deal is that SNH would exchange SNH shares for Pepkor.

4 - Why did CW sell out of SNH and only taking Pepkor shares? Surely if SNH was to become a strong company in future very sure he would be the fist to know.

5 - The value of Pepco holding is double that of Pepkor so if SNH sold Pepkor they would only get maximum Eur2 bil this would only cover the interest due. So the only option they have is to sell part or all of Pepco to the creditors and then only have a small holding in Pepkor.

That then brings my valuation in play and do believe at the end all SNH shareholders would be given Pepkor shares for their SNH shares well diluted.

The payment of the bebt remains for me a serious?

#1352 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:03 AM

So they will have to sell part or maybe all of Pepco the business that I realy believe is the golden goose for SNH because there will be no dividends from MF which now only has a NAV of $77mil

PEPCO and Warsaw SE after todays financials @ https://www.marketwa..._recentlyviewed

Edited by Squideye, 13 January 2022 - 10:06 AM.

#1353 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:53 AM

The short answer no! Going forward after the MF ipo and very sure Greenlit Brands ipo SNH will have no business and will be a holding company with Eur 12 bil debt to pay.

The income can only be from dividends or selling of shares and that brings then the question how much debt can they carry.

So they will have to sell part or maybe all of Pepco the business that I realy believe is the golden goose for SNH because there will be no dividends from MF which now only has a NAV of $77mil

Do you believe they will eventually wrap up SNH and de-list?...once all the businesses have listed individually?

And if so, how would that play out for the investors?

#1354 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:28 AM

Is there another way, in your opinion, that management should be going in order to get enough cash in and get the business going properly?

The short answer no! Going forward after the MF ipo and very sure Greenlit Brands ipo SNH will have no business and will be a holding company with Eur 12 bil debt to pay.

The income can only be from dividends or selling of shares and that brings then the question how much debt can they carry.

#1355 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:17 AM

He sold way too early & is now playing the glass-half-empty game on everything, bit tiring really.

Another solid day - the GS finalization & subsequent results released on January 28th could really be a big bang for this stock. Exciting times at least!

Yea for me SNH has shown significant progress... Litigation being the key challenge, with that out the way we should see true value return.so less uncertainty for Mr market... And we know Mr market does not like uncertainty hence the volatility we have seen in this share the past 3yrs or so.

Alot talking about their debt, so long as they making sales they should sort that out.

For now... Pomp time baby, and yea im also expecting share value to rise by end Jan...😁

#1356 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:41 AM

Long may they continue!

KP7, your charts must be flashing this morning

Indeed! Last night Franky traded the Prospectus and calculator for fanny :D

#1357 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:13 AM

Yes I might make you tired and I hope I am totally wrong. Tell me which point or comment I made that is not supported by fundamentals?

Everyone is so happy with MF IPO yet have not realized they paying a high price for management to taking a big loan to get dividends. It will cost MF $68 mil per year on interest alone!!! This tells me SNH is desperate for cash!

Anyway you can always ignore my comments and stick to your thoughts which to date you have not posted any substance to why the share price should be at R5.

Is there another way, in your opinion, that management should be going in order to get enough cash in and get the business going properly?

#1358 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:06 AM

Steinhoff: with lawsuits out of way how much value does share have? @ https://www.business...oes-share-have/

What is the highlights of this article? Unfortunately not subscribed BL (yet!)

#1359 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:49 AM

Finanztrends- an advertising "rubbish" media site... :lol:

Long may they continue!

KP7, your charts must be flashing this morning

#1360 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:49 AM

PEPCO FY22 Q1 Trading Update

Attached Files

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting