Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:44 AM

https://www.iol.co.z...79-bc3d14b9e124

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#1382 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:02 AM

My goodness. Positive sentiment. Considering it’s behind pay wall.

Steinhoff on a roll: Its share price doubled since last month on good news streak https://www.news24.c...streak-20220111

#1383 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:01 AM

My goodness. Positive sentiment. Considering it’s behind pay wall.

Steinhoff on a roll: Its share price doubled since last month on good news streak https://www.news24.c...streak-20220111

#1384 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:58 AM

#1385 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:30 PM

Remember the gooooood old days like 2017 when they said matress firm was a fronting business for the gamgsters laundaring money.....2000 facilities.....they must diversify and open up sex hubs...loom just saying the beds are already there and the windows and the red branding..
Wonder how successful this ipo will be....

Please take this with a pinch of salt...

......... With all those beds... they could just rent it out as Only Fans hot desk environment...... :P

Edited by sommerso, 10 January 2022 - 09:31 PM.

#1386 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 06:57 PM

A good article on MF: https://www.pymnts.c...e-for-category/

Something I never thought which is becoming a reality in Europe:

"Reliance on Physical Spaces

With over 2,000 locations, Mattress Firm is also heavily invested in physical retail at a time when consumers are increasingly looking to shop digitally. The share of brick-and-mortar native shoppers has fallen by at least 10% since the pandemic began, while the share of online shoppers has grown by at least 17%, according to PYMNTS data."

Remember the gooooood old days like 2017 when they said matress firm was a fronting business for the gamgsters laundaring money.....2000 facilities.....they must diversify and open up sex hubs...loom just saying the beds are already there and the windows and the red branding..
Wonder how successful this ipo will be....

#1387 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:59 PM

B)  Some Wall Street banks see four U.S. interest rate hikes this year... @ https://www.reuters....ear-2022-01-10/

It might materialize,.... but then also why I'm glad SNH is a Rand hedged share....

#1388 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:50 PM

B)  Some Wall Street banks see four U.S. interest rate hikes this year... @ https://www.reuters....ear-2022-01-10/

#1389 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:02 PM

And I love fanny in my face

Very fanny... :D

#1390 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 03:27 PM

Haha Lionel for sure lots happening and the ATM continues to flow gregariously!! I prefer to make money daily than to wait for the big R12 day which for me now is a few years away!!! I love green beer!!!

And I love fanny in my face

#1391 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

B) ...Might be part of the settlement with Seifert
======================================

Austrian furniture retailer XXXLutz takes over Lipo.

The Austrian XXXLutz Group is further expanding its foothold in Switzerland. Following the takeover of Möbel Pfister in autumn 2019, XXXLutz is now snapping up Lipo Einrichtungsmärkte AG. The seller is Steinhoff International Holdings, as Lipo, which is positioned in the discount segment, announced on Monday.

No layoffs and closures
XXXLutz will continue to employ all 635 Lipo staff and the Lipo brand name is also to be retained. Lipo, which ranks among the five largest furniture stores in Switzerland, will also continue to be run by the current management team.

In addition to the 23 branches, XXXLutz will also take over Lipo's online shop, the logistics team in Derendingen and the service centre in Pratteln. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of June 2022. It is still subject to the approval of the cartel authorities. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

Expansion in Switzerland
Lipo's new owner XXXLutz currently operates 370 furniture stores in 13 countries and employs around 26,000 people.

The group had only entered the Swiss market with its own furniture store in September 2018. The first location was a 15,000-square-metre shop in Rothrist, Aargau. After the takeover of Möbel Pfister, XXXLutz also bought six Interio shops from Migros in 2020 and converted them into Mömax shops.

Translated with DeepL_com

Excellent now all we need is the final solution for Greenlit Brand!!!

#1392 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:09 PM

B) ...Might be part of the settlement with Seifert
======================================

Austrian furniture retailer XXXLutz takes over Lipo.

The Austrian XXXLutz Group is further expanding its foothold in Switzerland. Following the takeover of Möbel Pfister in autumn 2019, XXXLutz is now snapping up Lipo Einrichtungsmärkte AG. The seller is Steinhoff International Holdings, as Lipo, which is positioned in the discount segment, announced on Monday.

No layoffs and closures
XXXLutz will continue to employ all 635 Lipo staff and the Lipo brand name is also to be retained. Lipo, which ranks among the five largest furniture stores in Switzerland, will also continue to be run by the current management team.

In addition to the 23 branches, XXXLutz will also take over Lipo's online shop, the logistics team in Derendingen and the service centre in Pratteln. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of June 2022. It is still subject to the approval of the cartel authorities. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

Expansion in Switzerland
Lipo's new owner XXXLutz currently operates 370 furniture stores in 13 countries and employs around 26,000 people.

The group had only entered the Swiss market with its own furniture store in September 2018. The first location was a 15,000-square-metre shop in Rothrist, Aargau. After the takeover of Möbel Pfister, XXXLutz also bought six Interio shops from Migros in 2020 and converted them into Mömax shops.

Translated with DeepL_com

Edited by Squideye, 10 January 2022 - 01:11 PM.

#1393 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 12:37 PM

A good article on MF:  https://www.pymnts.c...e-for-category/

With over 2,000 locations, Mattress Firm is also heavily invested in physical retail at a time when consumers are increasingly looking to shop digitally. The share of brick-and-mortar native shoppers has fallen by at least 10% since the pandemic began, while the share of online shoppers has grown by at least 17%, according to PYMNTS data."

I think buying a mattress or bed is extremely personal. For me, it’s an investment for my body, which is why I would always want to visit a store. Low, high, soft, firm, medium, extra length and so on…..its far more complex than placing an order online for bread and milk.

Then again, maybe I am different  ;)

#1394 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:20 AM

A good article on MF:  https://www.pymnts.c...e-for-category/

#1395 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:04 AM

Debt is the greatest overhang and covenants signed with creditors...

This debt is going to make the Ascendis issue a sunday school picknick!! Hahaha 

#1396 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:55 AM

Debt is the greatest overhang and covenants signed with creditors...

#1397 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

Things are happening fast and you are going to miss out on your R12 prediction.... Stop drinking the green beers

Haha Lionel for sure lots happening and the ATM continues to flow gregariously!! I prefer to make money daily than to wait for the big R12 day which for me now is a few years away!!! I love green beer!!!

#1398 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:38 AM

The guy hates money haha. Does anything he can to find negatives on Steinhoff (there is still plenty to be fair) in order to then not short & watch the share price move out of sight in the other direction  :D

I have the feeling they'll float very little of Mattress Firm and it's mostly used to put a fair valuation on the books - maybe as a requirement for debt renegotiation? Just speculating.

Haha I don't hate money but not living in the clouds!!! If SNH was such a big bargain why did CW sell all his shares at a loss and no one of the claimants took a single share of SNH all hanging on to PPH!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 10 January 2022 - 10:39 AM.

#1399 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:35 AM

Hi Batra, indeed its great to exchange views!

I do recall the short squeeze created by retail investors and was well documented in the news. One of my investing rules is never invest in a business that I don't fully understand and gaming is one of them!!!

After getting my fingers burnt by going for all kinds of specials, listening to analyst/Summit TV etc I decided on my long term portfolio to invest based on valuations. I am also willing to wait a number years for a good return provided the company offer value relative to the share price.

As I said before I do believe SNH has valuable assets and a very good management and I believe the Pep business both in Europe and SA are winning models but the amount of debt is not sustainable unless the business grows fast.

We are now entering a inflation cycle that the Fed already talking of possible three rate increases and we all know the reason why rates are increased is to slowdown the economy or people spending!

My biggest concern is the ability of SNH to pay its debt. As we seen with Mattress Firm the only way they can get cash from the various business units is by receiving dividends ( and borrowing money at 5% interest for dividends is not a long term solution) from were will the money come from.

I know DeltaHedge says the debt will be paid by cash flow but its here that I get stuck (and would be regretful to hear other comments how will SNH generate cash) because going forward SNH can only get cash from either dividends or selling shares.  If we look at the dividends the most it will get at present is Eur 45 mil from Pepkor (at present will be 10% less after settlements) and nothing from MF going forward and not sure how much from PEPCO. 

So for exercise lets say PEPCO will give 1/3 of earning in dividends is about Eur 50 mil of which SNH 78,9% will be Eur 40 mil that means a total cash received of Eur 85 mil assuming Corporate costs of Eur 20 mil ( being very conservative) the free cash flow is Eur 65 mil. 

So the maximum debt it can sustain covering the 5% interest alone ( this is how much MF going to be paying)  is Eur 1,3 bil so how will they pay the Eur 2.1 interest per kind due and the Eur 9 bil ( deducted Eur 600 mil the dividend they getting from MF which I hope it will go to pay down debt)

Its here that I am having difficulty understanding the euphoria when SNH will have to find Eur 9,8 bil and for sure will have to sell lots of assess and then what will be left?

Its exactly here that is the difference between SNH and Gamestop its the amount of debt for the cash generated.

#1400 Tentative

Tentative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:03 AM

The guy hates money haha. Does anything he can to find negatives on Steinhoff (there is still plenty to be fair) in order to then not short & watch the share price move out of sight in the other direction  :D

I have the feeling they'll float very little of Mattress Firm and it's mostly used to put a fair valuation on the books - maybe as a requirement for debt renegotiation? Just speculating.

Things are happening fast and you are going to miss out on your R12 prediction.... Stop drinking the green beers

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting