15225 replies to this topic

#13841 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

This is fantastic and great for share recovery right. Old Shareholders would be aggrieved and sorry about that. But consider this in the big scheme of things and the journey onwards. There is more hope now of a delayed or limited snh litigation settlement... And share value being salvaged. I have placed a transaction for almost 400k more shares today at lower 270. Worth going all in and no sense waiting for a 1.65. Now... Whatever happens... Am all in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Good luck IN! Godspeed 💪🏻

#13842 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

This is fantastic and great for share recovery right. Old Shareholders would be aggrieved and sorry about that. But consider this in the big scheme of things and the journey onwards. There is more hope now of a delayed or limited snh litigation settlement... And share value being salvaged. I have placed a transaction for almost 400k more shares today at lower 270. Worth going all in and no sense waiting for a 1.65. Now... Whatever happens... Am all in.

Hi,

Ive also set to buy more...In heavy on Steinhoff but believe its a once off opportunity unlikely to come again very often....hears hoping..

#13843 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

Calm before the storm.... Waiting on snh to release that sens.... Thankfully we had no drop!

Would be interesting to see what value market gonna resist

#13844 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

#13845 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Markets still divulging the info ... Why no movement ?

#13846 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

but Deloitte has been signing off all these years, and this isn't coming from 2017 Financials, whatever irregularities, they coming way back...Deloitte has been giving their assurance that the AFS were fairly presented in all these years....While I know that Fraud is hidden and not easy for a normal Auditor to pick up, but Due Professional care must be exercised, especially when Bonuses are based on Performance, that's an incentive to overstate profits, and those areas need to be thoroughly audited.....So I would say that, up until the point where Deloitte refused to sign off, Due professional care was not exercised...

My second problem, Who did the investigation that found NO wrongdoing? That company must come and account, because I believe that when investigation is undertaken, then SNH would have hired Forensic team, who are experts in Fraud, CFEs.....Where did they look? Who gave them the scope? Audit Committee would surely be involved in this process of determining the scope, the Board Chairperson as well.....What prompted the investigations? Were the whistle blowers, what did they see? Soo many questions, and definitely MJ isn't alone on this one, he is up there, CEO, Accounting records were manipulated before his level, and collusion is definitely there......

The other unfortunate part is the fact that, the experienced Audit Managers in External Audits only review the findings reported by their TRAINEES/ ARTICLES clerks, who most of the time are scared to implicate senior personnel.....hence a lot of things wont be reported.

Yea for sure deloitte is implicated to some extent for previous sign offs and should answer but ya.... The fact that they didn't in 2017 raises serious questions and deloitte shud answer there and prob will

Independant auditors well he cudve being paying them off and possibly the reason why deloitte insisted they appoint the auditors of their choice

Market is blah on this episode

#13847 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

Wow, such an impressive array of knowledgeable SA Gov representatives. There are some easily identifiable unprepared and inadequately aware and/or educated clots. How do you spell homework?

Nobody has mentioned selling losses as debt, overstating profits, etc.
wasn’t there a moneyweb article with emails from jooste regarding this a few months ago?

#13848 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

If it’s this simple why would the audit take so long?

Simple...Bigger bucks for professional fees ie longer the investigation the more you receive.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#13849 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Wow, such an impressive array of knowledgeable SA Gov representatives. There are some easily identifiable unprepared and inadequately aware and/or educated clots. How do you spell homework?

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#13850 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

Only if you know the answer to that question then its easy for one guy to pull it off....and happened!!!

and of cos most know the answer

If it’s this simple why would the audit take so long?

#13851 fluffygillette2

fluffygillette2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

And Babbas friends arrogance was screw deloitte let's get some1 else to sign off in a month's time? Who was he planning to pay doesn't matter coz it did not materliaze. And that didn't happen then he resigns? Go figure

but Deloitte has been signing off all these years, and this isn't coming from 2017 Financials, whatever irregularities, they coming way back...Deloitte has been giving their assurance that the AFS were fairly presented in all these years....While I know that Fraud is hidden and not easy for a normal Auditor to pick up, but Due Professional care must be exercised, especially when Bonuses are based on Performance, that's an incentive to overstate profits, and those areas need to be thoroughly audited.....So I would say that, up until the point where Deloitte refused to sign off, Due professional care was not exercised...

My second problem, Who did the investigation that found NO wrongdoing? That company must come and account, because I believe that when investigation is undertaken, then SNH would have hired Forensic team, who are experts in Fraud, CFEs.....Where did they look? Who gave them the scope? Audit Committee would surely be involved in this process of determining the scope, the Board Chairperson as well.....What prompted the investigations? Were the whistle blowers, what did they see?  Soo many questions, and definitely MJ isn't alone on this one, he is up there, CEO, Accounting records were manipulated before his level, and collusion is definitely there...... 

The other unfortunate part is the fact that, the experienced Audit Managers in External Audits only review the findings reported by their TRAINEES/ ARTICLES clerks, who most of the time are scared to implicate senior personnel.....hence a lot of things wont be reported.

#13852 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

That’s the R200 billion question

Only if you know the answer to that question then its easy for one guy to pull it off....and happened!!!

and of cos most know the answer

Edited by Polly, 05 September 2018 - 12:36 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#13853 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

Can you identify "what went wrong" first?
I really want to know

That’s the R200 billion question

#13854 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

He claims partner relationship broke down... His dreams and hard work started falling... And auditors did do something..... They did not put their signature on kak and from what I gathered even the snh board agreed with deloitte?

This dude is saying squat

And Babbas friends arrogance was screw deloitte let's get some1 else to sign off in a month's time? Who was he planning to pay doesn't matter coz it did not materliaze. And that didn't happen then he resigns? Go figure

#13855 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:23 PM

In a company with 130,000 staff in 30 countries, how can 1 guy be responsible for everything that went wrong?
Like he said; what did the auditors and audit committee do?

Can you identify "what went wrong" first?

I really want to know

#13856 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:23 PM

In a company with 130,000 staff in 30 countries, how can 1 guy be responsible for everything that went wrong?

He claims partner relationship broke down... His dreams and hard work started falling... And auditors did do something..... They did not put their signature on kak and from what I gathered even the snh board agreed with deloitte?

This dude is saying squat

#13857 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

Agree all its going well...

#13858 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

Completely agree with you LarryK, his testimony is good for SNH, as he is sort of implicating Christo Wisie (Board Chairperson), who is suing SNH. I know he is lying about some things, but I don't think CW is innocent either....And if CW isn't innocent, partly caused the share price to fall, he cant sue SNH, and that's a win

#13859 fluffygillette2

fluffygillette2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

His approach is good. Not blaming anyone else but did clearly state he wasn’t part of for audit committee who was supposed to look after these matters.
He also clearly stated that auditors were aware of the issues way in advance

Completely agree with you LarryK, his testimony is good for SNH, as he is sort of implicating Christo Wisie (Board Chairperson), who is suing SNH. I know he is lying about some things, but I don't think CW is innocent either....And if CW isn't innocent, partly caused the share price to fall, he cant sue SNH, and that's a win

#13860 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

His approach is good. Not blaming anyone else but did clearly state he wasn’t part of for audit committee who was supposed to look after these matters.
He also clearly stated that auditors were aware of the issues way in advance

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting