• Please log in to reply
15225 replies to this topic

#14101 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

Ehat amounts people setting their sells for tommorrow..i may set sell half...hedge my bets...then buy back more cheaper if theres a drop later..just wonser what ot could go to tommorrow if results ok...

Hi Jet & the Guys, 

Lol what happened to waiting for Friday?

:)

#14102 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

Du Preez mentioned yesterday, that they might bring some of the removed item back onto the BS, and he is meeting them today to confirm. I assume it is Poco.

If they can do this, income can be recognized and the Q3 trading update will be better. Hence, them meeting today to do this.

Can anyone verify this?

#14103 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:56 AM

I think we might experience that slow.... Painful squeeze again.... Hoping it finds resistance somewhere along the line

Was reading another snh chat page (2014)...info I got out is how the markets can screw u over eish

#14104 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

I agre IN...i cannot see snh going bankrupt no matter what situation...everything pointing to saving it now even if dips in between

#14105 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:53 AM

Thanks dont think ill sell that low id rather hold as do think by jan will be over 9

My see a early morning drop....or not. What's very interesting from parli.. Is the blame placed on deloitte..... Looks like the auditors malpractice insurers are in fo a big payout... As is Markus...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14106 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:48 AM

Thanks dont think ill sell that low id rather hold as do think by jan will be over 9

#14107 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:36 AM

Ehat amounts people setting their sells for tommorrow..i may set sell half...hedge my bets...then buy back more cheaper if theres a drop later..just wonser what ot could go to tommorrow if results ok...

Anything above R3,50 I sell and wait/hope for drop

#14108 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:32 AM

#14109 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

By the way... SNH increased a bit more the 1% in germany after JSE closed...

So snh Frankfurt is now around R3,00 per share

#14110 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

By the way... SNH increased a bit more the 1% in germany after JSE closed...

#14111 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

No final pwc report in Dec.... This can still drag on further.... Ms Jackie Chan looks exhausted :(.... Looks like they finally done

For the first time we had some info but I feel there was not much truth in it... But that's not why I'm here and for sure most of u.... We just wanna make money...

The markets reacted on info.. And still we do not have the most fundamental of them all... And that's financials...how this shares continues to trade is mind-boggling....

But so long as Mr market trades... We'll carry on... But we're trading on luck and historics of snf..

Friday.... 9 months later... Birth of snh junior? :D

#14112 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

This is interesting.. Sa gov bail out snh.. Doable and was one of the survival scenarios... The bailout would be to salvage share price.... No doubt... And would no doubt also include a settlement for shareholders....either way... Whichever way.... This will be good for the share price... More than this.... It would be good to see wieses law suit discarded...... Imagine share price movement...

You don't seriously think govt will bailout SNH, get over that one quickly.  So typical human, think about the JSE slamming a man down with R 1 million fine.  No, the government investment fund has made great and horrible investment decisions.  Go look at the investments they made where companies are worthless and they paid a premium.  You ask yourself is this incompetence or just the fact the employees are tax wise incentivized to pay a portion of their salary into a retirement fund and they just don't know what to do with the s-load of money poring in.  It is so easy to spend other people's money.  If you are an employee go look at your retirement growth versus the fees you paid and see how much your retirement have grown.  Go Google what these retirement fund custodians predicted the 'investment shares to be the one for 2018' and understand the consequences. 

No excuse for the SNH irregularities.  For now let's not discuss SNH shareholders taking themselves to court :-)

#14113 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

That's huge! I didn't hear how long they were practicing this? But that they didn't know until so late is B.S!

What stood out for me was the impression the chairperson gave... SA gov will bail out snh IF needed. But that's worse case scenario and I hope the creditors missed that part.

As IN say, snh does have a strong business model and with the right management this Co. Will pull thru. That other dude next to Sonn boasted about snh 20bn euro + but he shud stfu and boast profit instead of sales. Rightly so Sonn talked of selling assets... Profit right now more important than sales.

This is interesting.. Sa gov bail out snh.. Doable and was one of the survival scenarios... The bailout would be to salvage share price.... No doubt... And would no doubt also include a settlement for shareholders....either way... Whichever way.... This will be good for the share price... More than this.... It would be good to see wieses law suit discarded...... Imagine share price movement...

#14114 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

I'm assuming that the trade update will just be a summarises income statement, no Balance sheet.

My predictions.

Revenue down 5 to 8%, gp% down 1% but EBITDA should be positive, including headline earnings.

Share price?? 350 to 390 range tops. Then off the cliff as usual.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14115 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

So Aveng is dead ?

And what stood out for me is when sonn was asked if there is anything that could repeat the current situation and she answered no .. as long as the debtors don't come knocking which the can't cause of the LUA...

Next 3 years should see a nice steady increase ...

moving discussion to aveng topic if you don't mind.... seems the SNHers pretty hyped at this moment.  So am I got a value increase of about R100k on my few shares today.

#14116 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

You have to wonder why investment funds upped their share in aveng with 578 million shares in June and July while the writing was on the wall?

So Aveng is dead ?

And what stood out for me is when sonn was asked if there is anything that could repeat the current situation and she answered no .. as long as the debtors don't come knocking which the can't cause of the LUA...

Next 3 years should see a nice steady increase ...

#14117 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

Big buyers getting in... Others exiting.... But good all round volume with the uptrend... Waiting for Snippit to comment on technical

Technical's, charts, graphs and all those good tools will not work with this share....not now anywayz.....it is so emotional that is Sonn farts...and the market smells it, it will react

#14118 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

This statement was very concerning. What is the extent of this rot.

"Firstly, profits were inflated. The main source of inflated profits was from what he was led to believe was an external buying group, which payed additional rebates to operating entities, which recorded a profit. “The buying group appears to be nonexistent and funded by loans from Steinhoff,” he said. These contributions flowed into all divisions, with the bulk being in Europe."

That's huge! I didn't hear how long they were practicing this? But that they didn't know until so late is B.S!

What stood out for me was the impression the chairperson gave... SA gov will bail out snh IF needed. But that's worse case scenario and I hope the creditors missed that part.

As IN say, snh does have a strong business model and with the right management this Co. Will pull thru. That other dude next to Sonn boasted about snh 20bn euro + but he shud stfu and boast profit instead of sales. Rightly so Sonn talked of selling assets... Profit right now more important than sales.

#14119 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sonn clearly stated pepkor is a strong asset . They not looking at disposing of assets . And they need Assets like that to continue generating cash . Friday will reflect this in my opinion , they need a win

This share in evidently an emotional one ... My plan sell on Friday... wait for jooste he will bring the share price down .. buy ... wait till Dec ...

Pray.

Anyone vested in Aveng? Looking at drawing some profits and dumping it in there ..

Sonn clearly stated pepkor is a strong asset . They not looking at disposing of assets . And they need Assets like that to continue generating cash . Friday will reflect this in my opinion , they need a win

This share in evidently an emotional one ... My plan sell on Friday... wait for jooste he will bring the share price down .. buy ... wait till Dec ...

Pray.

Anyone vested in Aveng? Looking at drawing some profits and dumping it in there ..

You have to wonder why investment funds upped their share in aveng with 578 million shares in June and July while the writing was on the wall?

#14120 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

A 5 million share purchase closing trade

Big buyers getting in... Others exiting.... But good all round volume with the uptrend... Waiting for Snippit to comment on technical

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting