Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

How do you get to 50c heps?

#122 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

I read up in the annual report this 25% is a maximum that will be hedged but not actual % hedged

Only 2% is hedged for 2016 full year
12% 2017
7% 2018

Full hear Heps going to be around 50c based on 600,000 kg ave for second half ave ( current around 630,000 ave)
we are looking at SP R7,5 to R10 in 4to5months if Pog and rand is same as now

Conclusion buy more based on figures

#123 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Interesting and good points

It  looks like someone is reducing a very big stake or big CFD

Still feel like its against the momentum and there will be a surge if the gold price holds that is.

A lot depends on todays jobs data release for the Fed

I also own a few pan af and would also like it to join the gold rally party. Sad to say its my only gold play.

#124 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Interesting and good points

It  looks like someone is reducing a very big stake or big CFD

Still feel like its against the momentum and there will be a surge if the gold price holds that is.

A lot depends on todays jobs data release for the Fed

#125 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Some major institution with endless Capital is still shorting my favourite gold share PAN

Has managed to drive the share price down 15% aggressively past 3 weeks even though gold is at a high

Seem to be able to dump over a million to 3million shares a day to keep the price down

This is very frustrating as it ties up Capital waiting for the bounce

I went through there interim results. My problem is the gold price options/hedge that they took out. 25% of production at price R450k per kg.

They had negative adjustment of R40m (understated because they used fair value R530k per kg where it was already above R600k in Dec) in this result. Next results this is going to be negative R100m plus.

Abovementioned imo is the reason for the sell off.

#126 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:30 AM

Some major institution with endless Capital is still shorting my favourite gold share PAN

Has managed to drive the share price down 15% aggressively past 3 weeks even though gold is at a high

Seem to be able to dump over a million to 3million shares a day to keep the price down

This is very frustrating as it ties up Capital waiting for the bounce

#127 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

Time will tell but I think the Gold price and rand gold price has done fairly well past few days considering how well GLobal markets have done - wait for the markets to turn for correction and hopefully this will give Gold some momentum

#128 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

Monday should be great for gold shares, exchange rate in the bush thanks to jz

I was hoping so too! Though it seems to be on the recover, heard the Hawks did a U-turn on Pravin.

#129 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Monday should be great for gold shares, exchange rate in the bush thanks to jz

#130 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Any thoughts on DRD Gold

Has run hard, banked 50% of my gain, but the expansion works of last few years will reflect positively on next results, so a hold.. unless gold continues uptrend, in which case it's sell your daughter & buy more... (IMO)

#131 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

I think DRD is going to consolidate first, future profits on high rand gold price already priced in, it has already climbed more than double in past 4months

Who knows it may go higher but maybe running out of steam as it is not a big producer and only managed 1 cent heps in 6 months

#132 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Any thoughts on DRD Gold

#133 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone have an idea regarding whether SGL and HAR will continue the upwards trend? And for how long?

Considering that Harmony is looking to pay back all of its debt this year and production is increasing as well as the Golpu project that is aiming at a lot of ounces I suspect it might go for a while. Only dips I'm foreseeing is Wage Agreements and Interest rate hikes which, but that will be short term and probably not as much as the gains achieved till then. Sibanye has some good governance which is probably why they are doing so well, talks of new acquisitions and realising them could only strengthen the price. 

A lot of investment houses are seeing gold continuing the up trend as a safe haven this year. You can see that when the US markets open, the $ price of Gold tends to up. Besides Anglo and Angloplat, these 2 are probably the best medium term investments.

This is where anyone with technical indicator knowledge can debunk or support this, but my overly optimistic gut is thinking they can reach R100 a share by the year end or mid next year, but don't hold me to it :)

#134 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

If gold priceckeeps climbing and rand weakening then all will go up

Ive thrown my pennies behind PAN for now and target R4

#135 Inviter

Inviter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

Does anyone have an idea regarding whether SGL and HAR will continue the upwards trend? And for how long?

#136 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Someone has been dumping/ shorting PAN for the past few days - trying to drive the price down very deliberately

And I've been throwing my pennies at PAN for the past few days to scoop up what i can in the hope that I'll end up smiling.. (Hope I do  :ph34r:)

#137 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

Someone has been dumping/ shorting PAN for the past few days - trying to drive the price down very deliberately

#138 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

Harmony back on it's track up, target?

#139 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

Harmony announced that they hedging against dollar, this is not good, meaning that when gold $ price drops the weakening zar cushion will not be as soft as it used to be

Hope it works for them as companies normally hedge late in the game, remember when sasol hedged couple of years ago, they lost many opportunities

Edited by Ninja, 23 February 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#140 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

In with Ninja on this. With wage talks and budget speech to come, not to mention the almost certain possibility of another interest rate hike, I'll wait a while before buying. But when I'm buying it will be Harmony and Sibanye.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting