#81 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

It would seem it is a good time to stay away from Gold. Sadly I was radio silent most of last week when my portfolio nosedived and was left picking up the pieces of what I thought were solid investments.

Both Harmony and Sibanye are being punished severely, contrary to good management in place and as mentioned Harmony paying dividends. One would think with the price constantly being above $1300 gold producers only had one way to go.

Here's hoping the Fed decides against a rate hike.... need time to lick my wounds.

#82 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

I would stay away from Gold shares for now

Rising $ Environment - interest rates - expect us rates to rise - bad for Gold

Double whammy - political environment in SA points to stronger Rand

Shares are overbought and are retracing currently

#83 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Soutie, u are spot on with the 3 day rule, but I started something new in my port. Took small % of my money and apply high risk. Bought Lonmin sold +114%, took that sale value and bought KIO, sold +36%. And now bought DRD.... wish me luck.

Why the %$# can I not add a smiley face !!!!

Also it keeps me busy, i.e. I leave my long term portfolio alone.

Good to see you're still active in the market....& yeah best of luck with your high risk port......winky eye face..

Anyone need a heads up...!

#84 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hi Guys

What are your thoughts on Sibanye?

Interim Earnings due on Thurs,

Here is an excerpt from their guidance "Management’s trading statement guides for

HEPS to increase between 531% and 542%
                                                              (Expected HEPS between 120cps and 122cps)."

You win some you lose some...

#85 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Soutie, u are spot on with the 3 day rule, but I started something new in my port. Took small % of my money and apply high risk. Bought Lonmin sold +114%, took that sale value and bought KIO, sold +36%. And now bought DRD.... wish me luck.

Why the %$# can I not add a smiley face !!!!

Also it keeps me busy, i.e. I leave my long term portfolio alone.
jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#86 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hey jaDEB.

Only saw your post now, I would apply the 3 day rule in this instance......ie let the dust settle/market digest the results....traders trade....then you'll get a far better reflection of what the market thinks of DRD going forward....

Market has been punishing all gold shares upon presentation of results, even Harmony who resumed a divi payout.....tough times...tough decisions..

My 2c

Cheers.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#87 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

Bought at R9.15
jaDEB

Oasis

#88 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Is DRD a good buy at these levels, down 17% today after update?
jaDEB

Oasis

#89 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Should I buy more harmony at the current pricing, Is it going to pick up again? or should i sell what i got?

The ultimate profit hunter

#90 Inviter

Inviter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Should I buy more harmony at the current pricing, Is it going to pick up again? or should i sell what i got?

#91 Inviter

Inviter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

Does Harmony look like it's going to pick up again, Is it time to buy more? Or sell what I got?

#92 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

Also.... 

Most of the producers should almost be returning to profit now given Q1 and Q4 last year. Still feel value is still attainable from these stocks. Seriously excited to see Harmony's results. 

How does Harmony's hedging of the dollar fit into the R/gold price? It should offset the current strengthening? 

#93 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

How does Harmony's hedging of the dollar fit into the R/gold price? It should offset the current strengthening? 

#94 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Gold R/kg 13:53 584637 -1866 -0.32%

The Rand Gold price is the lowest its been since Last year - The irony is Rand based gold miners like Harmony share price is more than double what it was

People are looking at the gold price in Dollars not rands but their final figures will be swayed by the Rand gold price - not Dollar price.

With rand poised to possible go to R12-50 Gold share s may be over bought.

#95 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

Harmony is a brilliant share but be warned can go down as fast as it can go up. may be safer in other dual listed shares for a rand hedge if gold is heading downwards.

Harmony may also be overbought ...

Love the share though and a good company with a brilliant young COO

#96 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

Which gold stocks do you think will be good?

Harmony dual listed sits on a shared mountain of proven future prospects. Good for any pension fund.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#97 Inviter

Inviter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

Its good. See $USindex from high completes the B now with equal legs. Neatness gives 6 months of the C during which $gold gets the push ups. Times well for $gold to achieve target of its C-wave ending diagonal of USD1790.

Which gold stocks do you think will be good?

#98 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

We are at the turning point ...it is either the best or the worst time to get get into gold!!!

Its good. See $USindex from high completes the B now with equal legs. Neatness gives 6 months of the C during which $gold gets the push ups. Times well for $gold to achieve target of its C-wave ending diagonal of USD1790.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#99 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

We are at the turning point ...it is either the best or the worst time to get get into gold!!!

#100 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Now is the time to sell if youre a trader- the us jobs data may be surprisingly good and rumours of a rate hike may be rampant post brexit decision. Gold could retrace to 1280 and may be a nice opportunity to sell now and re-enter next friday morning.....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting