#61 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:25 PM

Hi A
Is this because of the Prosus deal? And what do you see as upside target?

Thanks in advance

Eventually the US and China will reach an agreement and believe the markets are starting to price it in, we are currently in an up cycle into end of October so imo could see the previous highs at 3750 but the sideways pattern break up got lots of more upside well over 4000, we should get another leg down near end of the year into next but should confirm a higher high than the low in August, if you are a long term investor and got in near the low 3000 just hold it!

The US is sitting on a huge monthly IHS so this secular bull market is just going to continue!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#62 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

If you bought here you currently well in the green....much more upside coming!

A

Hi A

Is this because of the Prosus deal? And what do you see as upside target?

Thanks in advance

#63 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

I still want jump in..didn't have free funds then...what you reckon low would be good buy still before 10 sept? Or just leave it ? Thanks

#64 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

IMO today is a long term buy for NPN!!

A

If you bought here you currently well in the green....much more upside coming!

A

#65 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

You kidding me haha..my broker hates charts just likes fundamentals

#66 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

JSE, Naspers, NPN
The JSE, Naspers hourly chart appears (to me) to be more influenced by the RSI at this stage, keeping it on a sideways track with a bullish bias wanting to emerge. This leg appears (to me) to be another corrective (not impulsive) with the bullish c-leg to complete before the bear trend resumes. The a-leg has an elongated horizontal as the 3 of the 1-2-3.
No matter how you get there, your independence from the endless stream of subterfuge merchants will be your prize. But if you can find an efficient, savvy, genuine, honest broker, let me know.

https://jsecharts.bl...aspers-npn.html

npn-60-270819.png

praesidium reticulo

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#67 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

Any idea on lows for npn in next 10 days anyone..keen to buy npn...also re prosus...will it be available to buy on jse at market on 10 September? Wouldn't mind buying some market price

#68 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

This is the thread for Naspers. The study of the ALSI index can also assist with determinations for Naspers (and many other component instruments). The ALSI has close corroboration with the Hang Seng index. But it would not be clever to start a thread for the Hang Seng in order to post about Naspers there. This is because this is the thread for Naspers.

Will any gang member belonging to dburger please inform him about this request for good behaviour. He wants to occupy the ALSI thread because it appears to get a lot of view which he thinks will bring lots of newbie recruits to his private forum where they can do things like marketing and manipulating that is not allowed here. But it doesnt actually get lots of views because its counter is badly broken. It records about 100 for each click. Like I tried to advise other past and present gang members also.

Also there is information for dburger here about what is a channel. Pictures that can help him understand what is parallel lines, and other basic technical info.

I don't expect any thanks from anyone belonging to the gang. I don't expect the abuse either but it will no doubt arrive like vomit regardless as usual.

https://jsecharts.bl...y-new-york.html

Naspers, NPN (JSE) and NPSNY (New York)
Naspers (JSE)
This 4-hourly view sees a second bounce attempt within the influence of a positive-divergence-driven direction change at the lower channel boundary.

NPN-d-260819.png

Next: Naspers (New York) ADR
This daily view indicates probability for an upside bounce from support.

NPSNY-d-260819.png

cohors cerebrum damnum

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html

#69 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

This is the thread for Naspers. The study of the ALSI index can also assist with determinations for Naspers (and many other component instruments). The ALSI has close corroboration with the Hang Seng index. But it would not be clever to start a thread for the Hang Seng in order to post about Naspers there. This is because this is the thread for Naspers.

Will any gang member belonging to dburger please inform him about this request for good behaviour. He wants to occupy the ALSI thread because it appears to get a lot of view which he thinks will bring lots of newbie recruits to his private forum where they can do things like marketing and manipulating that is not allowed here. But it doesnt actually get lots of views because its counter is badly broken. It records about 100 for each click. Like I tried to advise other past and present gang members also.

Also there is information for dburger here about what is a channel. Pictures that can help him understand what is parallel lines, and other basic technical info.

I don't expect any thanks from anyone belonging to the gang. I don't expect the abuse either but it will no doubt arrive like vomit regardless as usual.

https://jsecharts.bl...y-new-york.html

Naspers, NPN (JSE) and NPSNY (New York)
Naspers (JSE)
This 4-hourly view sees a second bounce attempt within the influence of a positive-divergence-driven direction change at the lower channel boundary.

NPN-d-260819.png

Next: Naspers (New York) ADR
This daily view indicates probability for an upside bounce from support.

NPSNY-d-260819.png

cohors cerebrum damnum

#70 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

Johnny going to miss out on the lollies again, there is no way that you can say this, making a 3 year prediction, you can't even get the weekly right??

A

Pathetic

#71 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

Naspers in any form is estimated to have at least a further 3 years and 9 months to go in order to complete the bear trend that is already 21 months of age. But with the capital elsewhere that will be their problem, not?

Johnny going to miss out on the lollies again, there is no way that you can say this, making a 3 year prediction, you can't even get the weekly right??

A

#72 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:59 PM

Naspers in any form is estimated to have at least a further 3 years and 9 months to go in order to complete the bear trend that is already 21 months of age. But with the capital elsewhere that will be their problem, not?

Not. JSE Naspers keeps 75% of Amsterdam listed NewCo which is expected to realize true value via international investor new interest once removed from the 'dangerous' JSE. So there will be an expected step up of local NPN price following which the 3 years and 8 months bear will resume.  

#73 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

#74 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

Hi Nosh...have this from fin institution..hope helps...Default option: Prosus shares
·         Prosus holds no SA assets, offshore assets only;
·         100 NPN = 100 Prosus;
·         If Prosus comes on at R900’ish per share (our expectation), CGT liability for 100 Prosus will be R16,200  (this is R900 x 18% = R162 per share CGT payable);
·         That will form part of 2020 assessment, and will be payable August/September 2020 assuming investors are provisional taxpayers;
·         Once the CGT has been paid on the R900, your Prosus shares will have a base cost of R900 going forward;
·         This option generates significant CGT immediately (the negative), however, there is no SA asset exposure, so no discount to the offshore assets (the positive).

Elective option: Additional NPN, no Prosus

·         New Naspers will still hold most of Prosus, so will hold both local and offshore assets; 

·         100 NPN = 36.986 new NPN (equates to somewhere around R900 per share after Naspers share price drop);

·         Limited amount of new NPN shares available;

·         Tax base for those new 36.986 NPN shares will be R0;

·         But obviously NPN share price is going to decrease by around R900 post Prosus;

·         This option postpones the CGT (no CGT now) until you sell the new Naspers shares (the positive) , however, there will still be SA asset exposure, so Naspers will still trade at a massive discount to the offshore assets (the negative);

·         Even if you elect this option, you might still be forced to take the “default option” for portion of your entitlement depending on how many investors elect the new NPN option as there are a limited amount of new NPN shares available.

On pure fundamentals (ignoring the CGT impact), the better option will depend on how the discounts play out for NPN and Prosus post listing. As a matter of opinion, most analysts seem to prefer Prosus (the default option) if you can stomach the CGT. All the action will be in Prosus in terms of corporate activity, and there is the attraction of a fresh class of shareholders.

Furthermore, Naspers could well suffer from the double-discount malaise. Remember the discount build up in the Tegkor-TIB-Rembeheer-Rembrandt and the Capevin Holdings-Capevin Investments-Distell structures. There is no short-term possibility of discount-unlocking corporate activity in Naspers and the SA assets are small enough to be immaterial in the scale of thinking.

Finally, should you wish to take this as an opportunity to restructure and diversify your portfolio, especially in the case where your Naspers holding is a significant portion of your portfolio, we would recommend you consider transferring your portfolio or your Naspers shares into a unit trust fund by means of a Section 42 Transfer. This means that the fund will take ownership of your shares and you will receive the equivalent Rand amount worth of units in the fund. The Fund will be suitably diversified and future purchases and sales will be made by the fund manager.

If you wish to go this route, it is important to note that you will need to seek independent advice regarding the tax implications of transfer, and whether just your Naspers holding or the entire portfolio should be transferred. If the sole purpose of the transfer is to defer tax (and not for diversification or other sound commercial reason) then capital gains tax could still be applied. 

--

#75 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hi

Whats the consensus on this?

OPTION 1 – Accept 1 Prosus share for every 1 Naspers share held (DEFAULT) 

OPTION 2 – Retain 0.3986 Naspers shares for every 1 Naspers shares currently held

Opinions?

Thanks in advance

#76 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Hi A...nice price movement on npn from yesterday good call...I'm still waiting for 3200 if ever comes...good call...have a good one

#77 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

No I didnt hey put my moola in impala...when sell that will see how npn is but if dont get it for 3200 or less not going in..I'll buy npn in my equities but will sell if gets 3700 to 3900...thanks I'll sell my imp equities at 80...as an sure going there by September

#78 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

A

Hope you got in Midas, big rally coming, don't miss it!

A

#79 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

A