Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Ascendis Health Ltd. – JSE:ASC


  • Please log in to reply
1610 replies to this topic

#21 LarryK

LarryK

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 12:23 PM

Any news?
  • 0

#22 Investment novice

Investment novice

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 05:02 AM

Some facts.
1. Previous board management did a good job to get us this far
2. Post recap we were still screwed by 35m euro facility and plus plus interest rate that adds on monthly with covenants in place
3. New board placed under pressure by lenders who were informed end nov...why...easy to screw asc further but also specific persons in sa directly aporiaching l1b to screw asc so they can benefit from a firesale.
4. New board has already engaged management and old board and a number of deal options in place whcih have been progressed so hopefully the docs will be prepared by 29th. I am confident of this
5. Its crap politics but end of day we need to all be pulling in same direction and work is happening in the background to get all pulling together
6. Lots of options on the table including not having a rights issue. We will get further info by 29th..hopefully.

I am still invested. And looking for the medium to long term. I still see an opportunity but do you dd and the upside may not be as great as we thought now 12 months in.

We still trading at discount.

We looking to a bt but difficult to match buyer and seller currently as poles apart but in time hopefully doable..

Lets give the board and management a chance the upside being free of l1b is there....



The 4 unknowns

1. Quantum of debt
2. Disposal price for pharma and or any other businesses
3. Total capital required for debt and day to day expenses
4. H1 cashflow
  • 0

#23 Investment novice

Investment novice

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 03:46 PM

Some facts.
1. Previous board management did a good job to get us this far
2. Post recap we were still screwed by 35m euro facility and plus plus interest rate that adds on monthly with covenants in place
3. New board placed under pressure by lenders who were informed end nov...why...easy to screw asc further but also specific persons in sa directly aporiaching l1b to screw asc so they can benefit from a firesale.
4. New board has already engaged management and old board and a number of deal options in place whcih have been progressed so hopefully the docs will be prepared by 29th. I am confident of this
5. Its crap politics but end of day we need to all be pulling in same direction and work is happening in the background to get all pulling together
6. Lots of options on the table including not having a rights issue. We will get further info by 29th..hopefully.

I am still invested. And looking for the medium to long term. I still see an opportunity but do you dd and the upside may not be as great as we thought now 12 months in.

We still trading at discount.

We looking to a bt but difficult to match buyer and seller currently as poles apart but in time hopefully doable..

Lets give the board and management a chance the upside being free of l1b is there....
  • 0

#24 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 05:33 PM

I am on discord as well... maybe we can get a block trade for 1.5 or more early jan... the 29th is around the corner... i am very bull that the guys have a plan for the credit facilities etc.. so lets look out for leaks next week.. if we go above 88c.. we know leaks ... well i speculate like all others..
  • 0

#25 LarryK

LarryK

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Billions - R1,50 sounds sweet

I am holding... i actualy bought a few more this week....i am going to be bull and hold out for R1.50ish which i see happening if credit facilities sorted.... look it tanked to 62c and back to 90 in a week.. somebody is buying volumes...i had previously calc R2.40ish not considering debt but this was long ago and now qe dont know if the used the whole Euro 35mil


  • 0

#26 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 11:47 AM

I am holding... i actualy bought a few more this week....i am going to be bull and hold out for R1.50ish which i see happening if credit facilities sorted.... look it tanked to 62c and back to 90 in a week.. somebody is buying volumes...i had previously calc R2.40ish not considering debt but this was long ago and now qe dont know if the used the whole Euro 35mil
  • 0

#27 LarryK

LarryK

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 09:43 AM

IN any update you might have?
  • 0

#28 LarryK

LarryK

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 09:40 AM

Does anyone have a clue what to do with this share?
Any targets to sell?
  • 0

#29 David-89

David-89

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 11:11 AM

Looks like there’s a little kick left in our old mule. Oh how nice it would have been if we sold at 1,20 - greed!!!!


Let’s just try not all sell at once when we hit 90c because we will tank the price again 😂
  • 0

#30 LarryK

LarryK

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 11:08 AM

Looks like there’s a little kick left in our old mule. Oh how nice it would have been if we sold at 1,20 - greed!!!!
  • 0

#31 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:15 PM

Sens out...So this surely must have been catered for as a risk or expected outcome by the new board... imho some of the new members are as shrewd as the the lenders of ASC... lol saying this bit politley... so i think they have a plan to sort out the debt obligation we shall wait.... yes i too wish i got out at R1.20ish.. we will know by the 29th i suppose...another week of nail biting.. i am in deep on this share..
  • 0

#32 JR7800

JR7800

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:25 AM

Investment Novice, you still here or are you on holiday already?

 

What's your thoughts on all this?


  • 0

#33 JR7800

JR7800

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:22 AM

Geez how I wish I got out when we hit R1.20 per share. I reckon I’ll hold on but as soon as I break even I’m getting out. This share has become a bit long in the tooth with all the politics and d*ck swinging.

 

David, hope we get a chance to breakeven again. Starting to get that sinking feeling..............


  • 0

#34 David-89

David-89

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:55 AM

Geez how I wish I got out when we hit R1.20 per share. I reckon I’ll hold on but as soon as I break even I’m getting out. This share has become a bit long in the tooth with all the politics and d*ck swinging.
  • 0

#35 JR7800

JR7800

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:43 AM

70c, down another 8% so far for the day. At this rate it seems we will be hitting zero fairly quickly.

 


  • 0

#36 JR7800

JR7800

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 06:42 AM

Need to sort out debt and put out a firm action plan on sens.. oppposed to broad ones like last week... where they wanted to sell pharma... maybe do rights thereafter ( not sure why both) etc... personaly i would like to see entire sell off at a fair price..so i can get out... i am exhausted with this one

 

I completely agree, we are, I think, all exhausted and fed up with this share. I also hope that the new management who on many previous occasions hinted at selling the assets at fair prices to max shareholder value will either sell off all assets and wind up company with fair payout (above R1.19 per share)  or they find a suitable buyer to purchase all shares and take company private. One thing I also really, really hope for is that the new management keeps the shareholders who can still hold on well informed via relevant and plenty of communications.

 

What I don't understand, and yes I am aware of some loans and facilities that was left over after restructure, is why debt is apparently still having a major impact and still poses a major issue for the company. We all were forced to vote for a restructure where we basically gave everything away to get rid of the "crippling" debt. So how can this now, a couple of months again be such a big issue that we have to sell yet more units (I know Pharma unit was loss making in prior periods so I can understand selling that off) or raise capital? Raising capital will bring share price down massively and I personally will not be giving them one more cent of my money after the entire fiasco over the last couple of months. I want to get my money out not give more money for the company to squander and pay of debt with the hope of getting it back someday.

 

I really hope that the activist group are still looking after the interest of the small minority investors and that they still want to return a fair price over a short period (short period - was asked by them to prev CEO for sale and windup post restructure in 6 months - Mark, fair enough commented it might be a bit short).

 

I also wish (will most probably not happen) that a bigger shareholder or the company itself offers to buy out minority shareholders at fair price (R1.19) to anyone who wants to sell and that have as an example less than 1 million shares. The big guys can then continue to play politics and gamble with their money.

 

Best of luck to us all and hope to hear some good news soon....... 


  • 0

#37 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 05:53 PM

Ok i see the acting ceo will remain until a new permanent option is in place.. looks like formality to me.. sens out..
  • 0

#38 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 04:58 PM

Need to sort out debt and put out a firm action plan on sens.. oppposed to broad ones like last week... where they wanted to sell pharma... maybe do rights thereafter ( not sure why both) etc... personaly i would like to see entire sell off at a fair price..so i can get out... i am exhausted with this one
  • 0

#39 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 04:53 PM

In a nut shell we have a brand new board... activist where able to vote old board and acting ceo out..some resigned... so share as predicted tanked further.. as the old board put out a sens at 8 citing the ,," should a new board be in any change to the board of directors of the Company which has not received the prior written approval of the agent (acting on behalf of the lenders) (“the Agent”) may trigger a cancellation of the debt facilities and may result in such debt facilities becoming immediately due and payable. The Company has received a letter from the Agent advising that the prior written approval by the Agent in relation to any contemplated board changes that may occur at the AGM on 20 December 2021 is not presently in place and the board will engage with the lenders post the AGM"......... lol.. now the new board is discussing with lenders so if and once agreed a sens can be issued.... this was a big issue... so i am sure the activist have a plan B.. as well as they were chatting to the lender prior.. i think once this bit is done share will get back to 90s..
  • 0

#40 Billions

Billions

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 04:53 PM

In a nut shell we have a brand new board... activist where able to vote old board and acting ceo out..some resigned... so share as predicted tanked further.. as the old board put out a sens at 8 citing the ,," should a new board be in any change to the board of directors of the Company which has not received the prior written approval of the agent (acting on behalf of the lenders) (“the Agent”) may trigger a cancellation of the debt facilities and may result in such debt facilities becoming immediately due and payable. The Company has received a letter from the Agent advising that the prior written approval by the Agent in relation to any contemplated board changes that may occur at the AGM on 20 December 2021 is not presently in place and the board will engage with the lenders post the AGM"......... lol.. now the new board is discussing with lenders so if and once agreed a sens can be issued.... this was a big issue... so i am sure the activist have a plan B.. as well as they were chatting to the lender prior.. i think once this bit is done share will get back to 90s..
  • 0





Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting