1645 replies to this topic

#461 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:32 PM

Does make one wonder...but shareholders we not dom...we will vote for our benefit..and where we are abused we will look at BR.....just some info...there are lots looking and BR rapid sale to PE forms takes control away from l1b.and doing a br in SA...withour laws...they going to benin the hole for 18 months...l1b going to screw us...we just request some softness when being screwed

#462 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

To me the silence and intransperency until now about what's happening in the negotiation, and then repeating the threat to the share holders that they have to vote for the deal or else, isn't a good sign.

#463 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

Ascendis is much like an Elevator at this moment..... no matter how much you press that button ( refresh ) .. it doesn't come any quicker.

Let’s just hope the elevator is going up.

#464 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

Ascendis is much like an Elevator at this moment..... no matter how much you press that button ( refresh ) .. it doesn't come any quicker.

#465 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:20 PM

Friday is still some ways off ....... unless they drop an extended negotiations on us.......

Snh style......

#466 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

Enough time....

Friday is still some ways off ....... unless they drop an extended negotiations on us....... 

#467 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:57 PM

Enough time....

#468 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:52 PM

Time is running out....
hope for good news soon

#469 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I don't want to step on any toes so here so please bear with me.

I own about 370,000 Ascendis shares which makes me one of the small shareholders on this forum.

What are everyone's opinion on this Ascendis Activist Group? I have not yet pledge support as I am by nature very skeptical of any groups.

Have any of you pledge support/joined this Group yet?

Please, again, I do not want to step on any toes, I am just trying to gather as many opinions on this (good/bad , for/against such a group) to try and support my own decision.

Thanks

I was sceptical very early on and joined to lend support. I have pledged my shares in support of the activists group- have created alot of noise on this. They have engaged institutions amd openly engaged mark sardi ceo . Herenya capital praises the grpup for their efgorts and the list of questions they presented at h1.....good inititoave asking the right questions and have my support 100%. Everyone there has money invested so everyone working to see a fair outcome. There is also a policy statement circulated and on twitter that talks to activists mandate and strict manner in engagement. The idea is to drive shareholder value and not inadvertantly destroy it.

#470 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

Hi everyone,

I own about 370,000 Ascendis shares which makes me one of the small shareholders on this forum.

What are everyone's opinion on this Ascendis Activist Group? I have not yet pledge support as I am by nature very skeptical of any groups.

Please, again, I do not want to step on any toes, I am just trying to gather as many opinions on this (good/bad , for/against such a group) to try and support my own decision.

Thanks

I follow their updates on their discord forum as it seems they are engaging management I am a bit skeptical of the experience and or financial and legal knowledge of the group as I have seen numerous claims by them or rather representatives of the activists where they have completely failed to understand sections of the companies act or even the process of liquidation and business rescue.

I will however say that I am glad they are so active as they are keeping management on their toes and are creating a medium of communication with management who have in the past neglected communication with stakeholders. Overall an activist group will put eyes on management which will keep them honest and open...ensuring a better outcome for us,

#471 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:46 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

#472 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:58 AM

Pulling a snh here pleading poverty and painting a worst case scenario

#473 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:37 AM

There are various scenarios that could be at play here and I think it's important to look at the facts before we dive down any one of them:

1. Final week of negotiations. All parties are pushing for additional value and lowest impact to their respective businesses

2. Latest SENS repeats the same info as the last cautionary one

3. The deadline has again been confirmed for the end of April

4. Liquidation / Business administration is not a win for anyone involved and will destroy significant value

My gut is telling me that they are in the final stages of negotiation and there are a few sticking points that they are currently arm wresting on.

Ultimately I feel that it comes down to how much of the farm to sell to settle the obligation. Blantyre and L1 Health will want all of it and Ascendis management cannot do this as listing/selling the European assets would then be a better way forward. Blantyre and L1 Health would threaten liquidation but in reality their bluff would need to be called on this one as they would get a fraction in return.

I feel that Ascendis might have issued the new SENS as a reminder to Blantyre and L1 Health of what is at stake and perhaps set the tone for the week in order to make them more amenable to a better settlement.

I'm not sure if Blantyre and L1 Health can extend the deadline but they might push for touch if things do not go completely their way and they require shareholder approval for a new deal.

My 2c but could be completely wrong.

Hoping your 2c are wrong and that is more like R2  :P

Thank you for your insights. Is really appreciated! 

#474 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

There are various scenarios that could be at play here and I think it's important to look at the facts before we dive down any one of them:

1. Final week of negotiations. All parties are pushing for additional value and lowest impact to their respective businesses

2. Latest SENS repeats the same info as the last cautionary one

3. The deadline has again been confirmed for the end of April

4. Liquidation / Business administration is not a win for anyone involved and will destroy significant value

My gut is telling me that they are in the final stages of negotiation and there are a few sticking points that they are currently arm wresting on.

Ultimately I feel that it comes down to how much of the farm to sell to settle the obligation. Blantyre and L1 Health will want all of it and Ascendis management cannot do this as listing/selling the European assets would then be a better way forward. Blantyre and L1 Health would threaten liquidation but in reality their bluff would need to be called on this one as they would get a fraction in return.

I feel that Ascendis might have issued the new SENS as a reminder to Blantyre and L1 Health of what is at stake and perhaps set the tone for the week in order to make them more amenable to a better settlement.

I'm not sure if Blantyre and L1 Health can extend the deadline but they might push for touch if things do not go completely their way and they require shareholder approval for a new deal.

My 2c but could be completely wrong.

#475 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:29 AM

Damn that latest sense sounds like B1 and L1 want to get this as cheap as possible and that we shareholders might get screwed again.

But I cannot see them valuing Remedica below 340 Million € because that's what they would have gotten in the market.

If this called advisors get some value below this I will loose faith in these guys.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#476 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:20 PM

and just like that, no volumes for today. Think it is definitely the silence 

The storm is this week? I.E when we hear about the offer / creditors. 

#477 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:35 AM

you guys see the volumes traded so far today?....cant help think that someone knows something

and just like that, no volumes for today. Think it is definitely the silence 

#478 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:59 PM

Silence before the storm...short term spexulatove trade achievable. Or long term hold...

#479 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:21 AM

Still can't get over 60c for now...

#480 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members