1645 replies to this topic

#1101 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:50 PM

Eish...may the vice of all of us where qe have more than the expected prcent invested here...time in the market...not timing the market.....hope fully there is at least a christmas present....

#1102 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:58 AM

Your other shares should be up, or have you taken single stock risks. Big gains but big losses and beeeg stress....

Think snh should give us some feedback at least within 4 weeks....and asc....hoping there is another reason that will be sprung shortly for shareholders to vote on at the agm.....or we get some feedback on interest in remedica or asc as whole....makes more sejse for a companynwoth a strong balaance sheet to take asc and tue debt ajd the nuts and bolts....shareholders will have an opportunity to comment at agm......espcially of there is a company interested in the remedica footprint and the asc footprint into africa

Unfortunately I got stuck in a loop of looking for a big pay day - greed, ignorance and stupidity ran my portfolio. Hence why I ended up with high risk shares dominating my portfolio. But hey, its a valuable lesson learnt and hopefully some of them still hold some potential.

#1103 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:43 AM

How much you in the hole for ?

Let's just say a sizeable chunk. Haha.

#1104 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:21 PM

Who knows...but thwy doing everything to get to the highest possible and ongoing relationship...based on a product portfolui strategy so i doubt its a straight forward auction, and if it is there will be a min expectation. Jefferies potentially have a number of suitors....remember alot of qork has gone in preparing remedica for sale....and the reason is really to extract as much value and allow the buyer an indepth understanding of each product line in its market segment.....price of asc is not indicative of its value....i am hoping to sell some of ky other high risk and buy as much as i can here for the immediate short term.....and then redistribute....

In the big scheme of things especially in thenpharma space this is an absolute joke of a valuation...the debt risk has been over engineered....there is still lots of value after remedica...alot more than what is priced. But you have to make your own determination...still trying to get the business day artical or a twitter link...pls post.....if this share drops to cents...sad that my total calue drops short term
..but will use the opportunuty to snap up more...for me not a gamble...you buy at the best price....or try

#1105 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:27 PM

Why does ascendis look like it’s on deaths door ? I heard they are are selling their golden goose as an auction type sale, highest bidder wins, are we expecting a shock ?

#1106 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:31 AM

Between ASC, APN and SNH, I unfortunately cannot afford an extra subscription right now. I really am holding thumbs that there will be some news soon, things have been awfully quiet lately (maybe all in my mind?). Without any news I fear that this share will keep dropping back to the 30c mark.

Your other shares should be up, or have you taken single stock risks. Big gains but big losses and beeeg stress....

Think snh should give us some feedback at least within 4 weeks....and asc....hoping there is another reason that will be sprung shortly for shareholders to vote on at the agm.....or we get some feedback on interest in remedica or asc as whole....makes more sejse for a companynwoth a strong balaance sheet to take asc and tue debt ajd the nuts and bolts....shareholders will have an opportunity to comment at agm......espcially of there is a company interested in the remedica footprint and the asc footprint into africa

#1107 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Between ASC, APN and SNH, I unfortunately cannot afford an extra subscription right now. I really am holding thumbs that there will be some news soon, things have been awfully quiet lately (maybe all in my mind?). Without any news I fear that this share will keep dropping back to the 30c mark.

How much you in the hole for ?

#1108 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:56 AM

#1109 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:37 PM

Is the agm ahead of schedule. Or within the exoected timeline. Just checking if there may be a surprise announcement and ufficient time to position for the agenda for shareholders to vote on...

Anyone have the business day summary

Previous AGM was in Feb this year, so early then?
3 AGMs before that was in Nov of that year, so late then?
What ever it is, it seems on time to me (given above and Covid).

Details of AGM can be found here - https://ascendisheal...2020_v11_CV.pdf

The AGM agenda covers the usual stuff like director re-appointments and remuneration, but I see it as an opportunity to hear any updates on the Remedica sale.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1110 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:50 PM

Private investors using investigative work and patience can find profits at Ascendis
BL PREMIUM

I’ve been covering small-to mid-cap stocks for nearly 40 years. They say the market is efficient and the market knows everything. But even in 2020, as it was when I started analysing stock in the 1980s, the market does not know everything. It misses much, which is why an analyst has to be much more of a detective with smaller stocks.The market is also impatient. Here are some insights to these comments and how private investors with some basic investigative work and patience can often outgun the big boys.Popular private client micro-cap stock Ascendis is one such stock. This R295m heavily indebted health-care and pharmaceutical stock is barely followed. Whenever I comment on my Twitter page on it I get hordes of queries.In year-end results to September the year-on-year losses fell from 99.9c a share to a loss of 6c a share. It will move back into positive earnings in financial 2021.The market wanted more despite the sharp reduction in normalised losses. The share price declined 20......as much as i could access.....be good to read the rest....especially on his thoughts of the debt and the disposal of remedica.....

#1111 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:06 PM

Is the agm ahead of schedule. Or within the exoected timeline. Just checking if there may be a surprise announcement and ufficient time to position for the agenda for shareholders to vote on...

Anyone have the business day summary

#1112 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:48 PM

Pls copy paste

#1113 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:32 PM

What it say ?

Wish I had access. Was hoping someone here has. I'm assuming that it says that there is value given that it was written by Anthony Clark. He is positive on ASC.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1114 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 12:26 PM

https://www.business...on-on-ascendis/ ... for those with access

What it say ?

#1115 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:55 AM

https://www.business...on-on-ascendis/ ... for those with access

#1116 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:33 PM

I am not worried about remedica sale, jeffries is commissioned to do the deal and they have already supported ascendis management in getting the remedica business prepared for sale. They do a number of m and as , and have a strong hokd in pharma space. I think they targetting a chinese buyer as there have been a number of remedicas benevolence posted in various langauges. Alternatively see this as a potential israel based company acquisition. Footprint, product line etc...500m is the mark the more i think ahout it...400m maybe best value......really not worried about jeffries...

#1117 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

In general whatever is happening with the stock market does not makes sense to me. I have watched many shares in the last few weeks have an incredible bull run for a day or two, only to retrace entirely or worse over the following days. If the news is good then why does the share price plummet again? Market manipulation at its best?

So true. I didn't have a stop loss on ASC and now I'm seriously thinking of getting out - there are no guarantees on when the Remedica news will pop and who knows what the share price will look like then or behave on the news. I get the feeling that the market is not confident that ASC will get the price they want for Remedica.

As for the market in general, I think the drops for many shares are because foreigners have been net sellers of the JSE for some time now and many local investors are looking overseas for better returns. Any sign of risk (and debt is a big one here) means investors are avoiding the shares.

#1118 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:05 PM

In general whatever is happening with the stock market does not makes sense to me. I have watched many shares in the last few weeks have an incredible bull run for a day or two, only to retrace entirely or worse over the following days. If the news is good then why does the share price plummet again? Market manipulation at its best?

Maybe it’s time for us to take our moneys and put it under the mattress at least we will only lose to inflation 😄

#1119 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:01 PM

I wouldn’t even say this is a slow poison - The share price is plummeting quickly and I don’t see any new market information justifying this...

#1120 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:56 AM

I wouldn’t even say this is a slow poison - The share price is plummeting quickly and I don’t see any new market information justifying this...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting