1645 replies to this topic

#1081 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:07 AM

Remdisvir and meds not making an impact....seems like ivermectin, chloroquine, vascular drugs vitamins, antibiotics etc coming to the fore with drs.....be really interesting to see the updated pharma sales for farmilider, sunwave amd remedica.

#1082 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:21 PM

Did you notice the consensus statement on sharenet for ascendis. Its at 100% buy....

If memory serves, only subscribers can see the actual details of these consensus, but the consensus can be made up of any number of analysts. Given that ASC is not covered by many analysts, I wouldn't be surprised if this is only 1 analyst's consensus.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1083 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:52 PM

Did you notice the consensus statement on sharenet for ascendis. Its at 100% buy....

Very interesting indeed...I am a bit worried that the share price has remained where it is today, considering the positive sentiment on the stock market at the moment. ASC really is flying under the radar.

#1084 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:47 PM

Seen that now IN. I am not familiar with ShareNet nor how they make their consensus. I assume it's generated based on technical indicators?

#1085 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:35 PM

#1086 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:48 PM

I would hazard the following potential buyers...
1 asian.
2 arab or isreali
3 management buyout with cheap debt as part of ppp

But a buyout won't benefit us shareholders.

#1087 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

I would hazard the following potential buyers...
1 asian.
2 arab or isreali
3 management buyout with cheap debt as part of ppp

#1088 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

Volume is drying up, cant get buy at lower prices.shareholders holding on.
Zanme dont discount management....running a global entity with so many challenges and pulling off a stunner....were it not for impairment....
Give them time..
They are coy though......they have a few options

#1089 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 01:39 PM

Ascendis has so much of value if the numbers are real its not funny. Again i don't have full confidence in managements agenda to unlock this value. There must be a way to finance at more favourable rates than to sell one of the crown jewels. Again another example of a company where management does not have exposure to the share.

#1090 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

Ascendis subsidiairies pumping sadly due to covid with supply chains in place to mitigate lockdown disruptions.
Also rand strengthening has a massive dampener on the debt. Looks good so far at least to expect a but of upward momentum

#1091 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:05 PM

Healthcare and Pharma stocks are going up in USA. Hope Ascendis Health follow the trend up.

#1092 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:59 PM

Many in this group currently saying....eish....s...t why did i buy at that price...or i loss...

When the going gets good ....we hope to say...why did i not by more......

Maybe keep cash for day 1 pump......if you dont already get some earlier

#1093 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 12:35 PM

Absolutely agree , the risk is the sale and timing of the sale. Importantly there is a business after remedica that will be dividend positive..

#1094 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:50 AM

Here it is. As I thought, very positive on ASC.
https://twitter.com/...656916548100097

Thanks Shi. Yes this mirrors the positive outlook many on here and elsewhere have on Ascendis. Aside from positive 2021 results the shares also need to be backed by large institutional investors to give the market a bit more confidence, hopefully management has been trying to get such investors involved since their last set of results.

#1095 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:32 AM

https://www.business...on-on-ascendis/ ... for those with access

Here it is. As I thought, very positive on ASC. 

https://twitter.com/...656916548100097

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1096 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:27 PM

Volumes low, uptick could jsut he driven by soeculators with some month end finances. If we see sustained and bigger jumps 30% and volumes go toward 2 and 4 million should consoder something has leaked. Sens may come out onpy when there is a firm offer or when there is an initial offer or exprrssiin of interest. Expecting something hetween now and year end. Was also expecting q1 trading update to entice buyers and solidify the value.....as per results presentation...wimd in the sales....covid in europe and elsewhere will now really bouy sales even with lockdown as remedica and other supply chains in pkace to mit8gate disruption. Also lots of drugs around managing vasculitis and secondary care will sell as they have in SA but my not have sold as much in march.....expecting really good numbers for off shore revenue from remedica sunwave and farmilider.......sa hospitals returning to surgery based on some of net are and other trading update will also drive sa revenue....cant see why this share is at 60c...all but th3 debt risk.....without which we def in positive income ...my share to hold...will try buy some at 60c with an exoectation of 15 to 20c annual div from 2021 2022

#1097 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:43 AM

Why does ascendis look like it’s on deaths door ? I heard they are are selling their golden goose as an auction type sale, highest bidder wins, are we expecting a shock ?

When does a cautionary get issued for these auction type sales?

#1098 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:37 AM

hmm....nice uptick

Just seen this now, up around 10% let’s hope the momentum continues for a while. Odd as I see there’s been no SENS or any ASC related news. Anyone seen anything?

#1099 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:23 AM

hmm....nice uptick 

#1100 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:23 AM

Asc has vaccine producing technology and plants setup...wonder if there may be supporting aspen...or others...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting