#42 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

Sold imp again today...but couldn't buy back 3rd time..

What exactly should anyone do with this mundane non-informative totally bland and useless information?

Similar to what your posts normally comprise. 

Is it intended to indoctrinate?

Just blurb to encourage mindless trading?

I wonder just who or their what might benefit from the endless, mindless patter...

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#43 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:15 PM

Sold imp again today...but couldn't buy back 3rd time..

#44 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

Any onions on on agl...know kio had not great sens today..but isnt the agl drop radical...any opinions of interest

#45 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Steinhoff :D

👍you make my day.😊

#46 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Steinhoff :D

#47 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

Sold my impala on high and bought back cheaper today..still holding sasol and rajen a chance on agl...npn holding patiently...

#48 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

Life is risky especially in sa..haha..but all input of interest..i.think key is to limit your risk with knowing exactly when going sell if down..im using iress and have say been very professional but they bank check you etc..and explain daily interest etc..and fees clearly..as well as risk shorting..you cant just sign up using your credit card..that re assured me slighly..so far up 15 percent even though lost 30 k on mrp...so im happy enough for now..but wouldn't put all my eggs in 1 basket...ive actually found trading cfds quite fun and interesting researching if you can use that word for trading..i expect that makes me a saddo...aim is to make money though

#49 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Hi all.

CFD's are tricky and very high risk, my 2 cents.

On what might go up: I see that Director Pieter Christiaan Engelbrecht (Shoprite) took out on 11,000 Long eCFD contracts Shoprite at Average: 17783.0997 cents per share.

Currently trading at R176,67. Currently down R12,760 (R1.16 per share).

So he must be very confident Shoprite is going up or  we will very shortly see the sale at a loss sense.

ttps://www.moneyweb.co.za/mny_sens/shoprite-holdings-limited-dealings-in-securities-by-an-associate-of-an-executive-director/

#50 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:47 AM

Have sol cfds and equities which have high hopes for...impala still think upside for platinum..any other ideas anyone for cfd buys to go long for quick upside? Presently have npn cfds waiting for 3900 plus..

I would not recommend CFD's to anyone. The broker is also the market maker. You are feeding them with your losses. You say to them look here are my stops, help yourself. You have no recourse. The house is playing you for a fool. Blip goes the screen, whoops there it goes again. 

They have anonymous posters on chat forums that encourage the idea of CFD's. These characters never mention how it works in practice. They get quite uppity when anyone points out just how these unregulated CFD houses actually operate. 

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#51 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

Have sol cfds and equities which have high hopes for...impala still think upside for platinum..any other ideas anyone for cfd buys to go long for quick upside? Presently have npn cfds waiting for 3900 plus..

#52 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

It will jump if it can just break 15,21 today

#53 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

Agreed I think SGL will have a good run today

#54 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sibanye (SGL) and Amcu reached a peace agreement today. Share did go up 6.59%.  No further court cases (sorry for the lawyers) . Potential for it to rise further.  PGM up today with palladium 3% up (now 4%).  

Potential upside for Anglo Plat (AMS) because of PGM basket. 

If you look at Snippit's chart for gold you would see a possible wave 3 starting for gold.

News on one of the Vale mines getting court permission to open the mine that will help with the IRON supply issues.   price of iron ore went down to $88 and Kumba (KIO) went down 5% with it. See iron ore now at $93. BHP also took a 3% knock.  In both cases I think market overreacted.   Personally think iron ore would reach $100 / ton later this year.

If you want to hit all of above drivers in one shot then you can go for Anglo American PLC (AGL). 

Note - a stronger Rand has a negative affect on above assumptions. 

As always - your money - your choice - not financial advice from me at all - just observations.

Also see Argento's comments on Naspers on that threat - his assessments that I saw has been spot on to the T.  Naspers went through the 3620 resistance today and touched 3630.  holding thumbs that it will use 3620 as a support.

#55 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Good work Andi- you nailed it.😊

#56 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

Hit resistance at 20 might pull back to 17

#57 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Wow EOH ramped up today, is it too late to jump on the train?

#58 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

Think so too, and DLT

#59 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

EOH might have a good upside this week i think.

#60 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

think we will see some profit taking till after easter in general.

It is possible that Santova (SNV) will test R 2.90 (not sure if tomorrow though).

Commodities across the board seems to be taking some beating with the exception of iron ore. maybe Kumba?

For now think I will sit on the cash.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting