119 replies to this topic

#61 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

Hey JK001, thanks for this, i think I might just take a gamble and order a small chunk now, and add more if it's looking promising.

Think ABSA will also have some movement today.

Any shares you feel strongly will go up?

Sorry Rex , first time online today. But did not have any feel good stocks for today anyway. Will check tonight if I note any potential movers

#62 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

ITU-?

#63 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

Hi Rex, palladium down 0,05%, gold up 0,5%, plat up 1,4%. but rand also 1% stronger. I see it did pick up a bit $4 to $4.15 in US market, so maybe some sideways action, obviously cannot say for sure. I suggest you check commodity and USD/ZAR exchange tomorrow morning. Am in it for the long as the CEO is known for cleaning up (also known as Mr-fix-it). I like his strategy and firm yet compassionate dealings with all stakeholders.

Hey JK001, thanks for this, i think I might just take a gamble and order a small chunk now, and add more if it's looking promising.

Think ABSA will also have some movement today.

Any shares you feel strongly will go up?

#64 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

Oh wow, that is quite some profit you made then , but it might still go down tomorrow, what do you think? Why don't you short it?

There are many stocks going up this month, just trying to pick the most lucrative ones

Sent from my SM-G965F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Hi Rex, palladium down 0,05%, gold up 0,5%, plat up 1,4%.  but rand also 1% stronger.   I see it did pick up a bit $4 to $4.15 in US market, so maybe some sideways action, obviously cannot say for sure.  I suggest you check commodity and USD/ZAR exchange tomorrow morning.  Am in it for the long as the CEO is known for cleaning up (also known as Mr-fix-it).  I like his strategy and firm yet compassionate dealings with all stakeholders.

#65 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:08 PM

Thanks Rex, but not to worry, bought R 150K SGL in December at just over R 8, so still handsomely up. The strike has been dragging on since then so I think it is priced in. the PGM (plat group metals) were down yesterday and the dollar weakened against the rand. That is why you will see amplats (AMS) down about 4% too. There was a SA PGM conference this week and I believe they have good plans to tighten supply and improve marketing of PGM products including making a platinum mandela coin (like the gold coins). BUT they have a lot of debt that they need to get rid off.

Good for you on MRP, stronger rand stronger retail and banks and vice versa (an observation).

Oh wow, that is quite some profit you made then šŸ˜, but it might still go down tomorrow, what do you think? Why don't you short it?

There are many stocks going up this month, just trying to pick the most lucrative ones

Sent from my SM-G965F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#66 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

Eish sorry to hear, didn't know you had SGL shares, I might jump on the wagon tomorrow, it also crashed coz of the strike, I believe it will go up again.

I only have a medium chunk of MRP, but planing on selling half my portions tomorrow, have a hunch it might draw back on Friday.

Thanks Rex, but not to worry, bought R 150K SGL in December at just over R 8, so still handsomely up.   The strike has been dragging on since then so I think it is priced in.  the PGM (plat group metals) were down yesterday and the dollar weakened against the rand.  That is why you will see amplats (AMS) down about 4% too.  There was a SA PGM conference this week and I believe they have good plans to tighten supply and improve marketing of PGM products including making a platinum mandela coin (like the gold coins).  BUT they have a lot of debt that they need to get rid off.  

Good for you on MRP, stronger rand stronger retail and banks and vice versa (an observation).

#67 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

SGL did a bookbuilt to issue new shares and raise about R2 billion. Meaning current shares devaluated. I have a large chunk, so pretty pā€™d off. That said personally belief there is potential for upside if they can sort AMCU (actually a union war and SGL) the victim. Also if you belief platinum and or palladium price will maintain or grow . As a sweetener they did say they intended starting to pay divends . Just opinion.

Rex , see earlier note on MRP. It now broke through the 196 resistance. If it now keep that as a support it should continue to go up. Theory.

Eish sorry to hear, didn't know you had SGL shares, I might jump on the wagon tomorrow, it also crashed coz of the strike, I believe it will go up again.

I only have a medium chunk of MRP, but planing on selling half my portions tomorrow, have a hunch it might draw back on Friday.

#68 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

Anyone think if Sibanye would be a good buy today? it crashed a lot

SGL did a bookbuilt to issue new shares and raise about R2 billion. Meaning current shares devaluated. I have a large chunk, so pretty pā€™d off. That said personally belief there is potential for upside if they can sort AMCU (actually a union war and SGL) the victim. Also if you belief platinum and or palladium price will maintain or grow . As a sweetener they did say they intended starting to pay divends . Just opinion.

Rex , see earlier note on MRP. It now broke through the 196 resistance. If it now keep that as a support it should continue to go up. Theory.

Edited by JK001, 10 April 2019 - 03:59 PM.

#69 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

Good one Midas see JBL up more than 8%.
See MRP going South. SGL still astounding

MRP did well today, I'm so glad :D

#70 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Apply 3 rule Re;SGL...Me thinks. 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#71 Rex

Rex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Anyone think if Sibanye would be a good buy today? it crashed a lot

#72 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Looks like many are going up today. Just need to pick the right one. šŸ˜œ

#73 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

Didnt hit it..setting sell price if havent sold by 1500 Tuesday...jubilee im holding for bit..looks good

enjoy your trip to UK - looking forward to have you back

#74 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:43 PM

Didnt hit it..setting sell price if havent sold by 1500 Tuesday...jubilee im holding for bit..looks good

#75 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

Dont have sgl but have impala cant decide when hit sell button

#76 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

Good one Midas see JBL up more than 8%. šŸ’°
See MRP going South. SGL still astounding

#77 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

Bought jubilee on cfds and equities..

#78 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

ASC will have a really good run this week in my opinion. 

#79 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

Drd gold normally go back to over R3.00 if it dips do low currently R2.77

#80 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members