35854 replies to this topic

#22621 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

head and shoulders on the FTSE100 (60 mins)...a break below 6765 could cause further downside? Am I correct? Trying to understand these things...

Sure the 60mins charts are telling the story now. We even got a HS on S&P

A break will cause hell in markets. It held yesterday.

BhVSI_vCAAIzp0Q.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22622 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Current price action vs charts! :ph34r:

A

Edited by Argento, 26 February 2014 - 02:38 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#22623 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

head and shoulders on the FTSE100 (60 mins)...a break below 6765 could cause further downside? Am I correct? Trying to understand these things...

Hi UpAnDdOwN,

You are quite right, with the negative divergence it sure looks like a top with a possible target of 6700 once the neckline (6800ish) breaks!

A

#22624 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Welcome back RBM...were you travelling the world? B)

A

Actually will be traveling again next month...tired of traveling...

#22625 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

This plan gonna come together nicely...sooner than later

Welcome back RBM...were you travelling the world? B)

A

#22626 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

We could be in a bull trap, with bulls expecting the market to go higher before a reversal and they keep buying as the market grinds lower...expect the unexpected   !

This plan gonna come together nicely...sooner than later

#22627 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Traitor ;)

Sue me!  B)

If she drops further, you can gloat.

If she goes up, I'll sell so much at the top that your shorts will make even more!  :D

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22628 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

#22629 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Argento,  Mhlato or anyone else using investing.com.  Just a few questions

1. Can you trade the SA40 futures on investing .com.  I presume the price on investing.com is the same the official JSE top 40 futures where the JSE is the market maker.

2. Investing.com also shows the FTSE100 futures. Unlike the SA40 futures which close at 5:30pm our time, the FTSE100 futures seems to run 24 hours a day. Is this correct?

3. Is the investing.com FTSE100 futures same as the official FTSE futures where the London stock exchange is the market maker?

Thanks in advance..

Hi HDB,

1) Pricing is the same as the official JSE with them being the market makers!

2) I follow the actual FTSE market (live), futures run 24hours!

3) Not sure about the last one

On the market action, I agree with you short term downtrend still in place..got a 15min, 30min and she is at the 89 line on making a 60 min bearish cross together with 5H + 1D macds down so no buy signal yet!B leg in the making before we go down for the C wave!?

My target is 41700ish come friday, will then go long for those new highs!

A

#22630 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

1. Can you trade the SA40 futures on investing .com.  I presume the price on investing.com is the same the official JSE top 40 futures where the JSE is the market maker.

2. Investing.com also shows the FTSE100 futures. Unlike the SA40 futures which close at 5:30pm our time, the FTSE100 futures seems to run 24 hours a day. Is this correct?

3. Is the investing.com FTSE100 futures same as the official FTSE futures where the London stock exchange is the market maker?

Thanks in advance..

HDB,

1) Click on the "Trade Now" box there are a few brokers, so i suppose it can be done?

2) FTSE futures is 24hrs and close @ around 23:00 on Friday's and open Sunday night @ 12pm

3) Not sure

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#22631 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

42000 might not be the best place to add more shorts though..I expect to have some buyers interested at those levels :) Just a thought

thanks, wont add until confirmation 

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22632 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Last entry for longs before train leaves to new highs

Sorry S...I think we made our highs already!  Us and Ftse may still go up but im certain we now on a slow downhill move!!  Resources have had their run...Pound now to strengthen back towards R15.00!!

Only my opinion....

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22633 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Thanks in advance..

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22634 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Last entry for longs before train leaves to new highs

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22635 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Traitor ;)

Im still short and will review if we break 43100 (maybe close) or 42050 (potential to add more). 

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22636 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Long FTSE 6800

Long DAX 9685

#22637 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hi S,

This may be right on US market, but I cannot see South Africa 40 Futures follows US in the past years. If I recall correctly some say Feb will be a bad month, but it recovers and hitting new high. Surely the market is (at least a litte) different to the past. Can you explain why SA will follow US? Thanks

C

I have seen ALSI following FTSE lately,

I am basing this on the FTSE. A long around 42500 is good

I really wan to short this market but the signals are not in yet. But i still believe we will find a top around April

More money will be made shorting, but for now lets go to new highs.

#22638 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

I've closed my shorts from a while back (587 and 800) at 490, for total green of 407 points.

S&P is brewing at 1850, and when that pops we might hit 43300. 

Will look for a higher short entry...

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22639 chnkaw001

chnkaw001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Bulls get ready to take off to new highs

This is a good setup for new highs.

This is a bear trap. Those who want to short can do that when it's hit 43300 and higher.

Longs can start jumping in from below 42600. We are entering a period of bullishness seasonally. 

March is one of the most bullish months of the year.

Bears can wait, they will get thier chance in a months time.

The better risk to reward trade will be the short one. But Bulls need to reach 43300 1st

Enjoy

Hi S,

This may be right on US market, but I cannot see South Africa 40 Futures follows US in the past years. If I recall correctly some say Feb will be a bad month, but it recovers and hitting new high. Surely the market is (at least a litte) different to the past. Can you explain why SA will follow US? Thanks

C

#22640 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Today, I can almost agree with you, yah!

Bulls get ready to take off to new highs

This is a good setup for new highs.

This is a bear trap. Those who want to short can do that when it's hit 43300 and higher.

Longs can start jumping in from below 42600. We are entering a period of bullishness seasonally. 

March is one of the most bullish months of the year.

Bears can wait, they will get thier chance in a months time.

The better risk to reward trade will be the short one. But Bulls need to reach 43300 1st

Enjoy

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting