Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Bulls get ready to take off to new highs

This is a good setup for new highs.

This is a bear trap. Those who want to short can do that when it's hit 43300 and higher.

Longs can start jumping in from below 42600. We are entering a period of bullishness seasonally. 

March is one of the most bullish months of the year.

Bears can wait, they will get thier chance in a months time.

The better risk to reward trade will be the short one. But Bulls need to reach 43300 1st

Enjoy

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22642 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Well ladies and gents, that seems to have been that (yesterday's lows of +- 42400s on J200) for a good low entry if you are gunning for the divi this Friday.

Or am I being too hasty? My line drawn in the sand is 42520 (J200 using IG). Below that, this breakdown is legit, above that, then all engines firing for uber highs soon. I am open to constructive feedback or crits!

Todays budget speech will decide..... will definitely be a cover up budget which will make rand strengthen... so catch 22 between going up and influence of a stronger pound!!! seems like another head or tail coin spin if you ask me!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22643 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

Well ladies and gents, that seems to have been that (yesterday's lows of +- 42400s on J200) for a good low entry if you are gunning for the divi this Friday.

Or am I being too hasty? My line drawn in the sand is 42520 (J200 using IG). Below that, this breakdown is legit, above that, then all engines firing for uber highs soon. I am open to constructive feedback or crits!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22644 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Does this graph have any significance to the ALSI and where it may be going, or does it just highlight the lack of foreign investment in the country...

#22645 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

We could be in a bull trap, with bulls expecting the market to go higher before a reversal and they keep buying as the market grinds lower...expect the unexpected   !

The US is weak atm.

That 1850 on S&P is the key number on worldwide indices.

Failure to break will cause a sell off

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22646 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Or visa versa. I personally do not know if up or down atm, so am waiting .. (im?)patiently on the sideline.

US is recovering, or at least seemingly ready to propel up soon.

We could be in a bull trap, with bulls expecting the market to go higher before a reversal and they keep buying as the market grinds lower...expect the unexpected   !

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22647 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

#22648 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

I use oanda, but if you want to also trade shares. You can use IG international

Tx

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#22649 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hi Sunesis, who are the guys you recommend for international trading again? You did mention them before, but I can't find them now. Do they have Eastern countries' (Japan, China, Korea) shares/CFD's?

I use oanda, but if you want to also trade shares. You can use IG international

#22650 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Closed my SA40 short @ 42400. Keeping my mini's open; target 41000.

#22651 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Bear traps happen after a high has been hit. You might say some long term traders have hit their targets at 43000 and took profit.

Short term trend is still bullish. Until it breaks below the middle bollinger line on daily, it's still bullish.

I would just like it to go higher so i can short this beast. At least it must hit 43300-500 for bears to start licking their fingers

Hi Sunesis, who are the guys you recommend for international trading again? You did mention them before, but I can't find them now. Do they have Eastern countries' (Japan, China, Korea) shares/CFD's?

#22652 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hi Argento - what does your 30m bearish cross consist of again - Thanks

The 21(blue) crossed the 89(green) moving average down!Very good short term indicator....

60min bearish cross drawing near!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#22653 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Got a 30min bearish cross so not looking good for the bulls!

A

Hi Argento - what does your 30m bearish cross consist of again - Thanks

#22654 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

So the smaller timeframes are starting to confirm this as well then, this drop sneaked upon most of us!

Bear traps happen after a high has been hit. You might say some long term traders have hit their targets at 43000 and took profit.

Short term trend is still bullish. Until it breaks below the middle bollinger line on daily, it's still bullish.

I would just like it to go higher so i can short this beast. At least it must hit 43300-500 for bears to start licking their fingers

I suspect it will test the middle line soon and then maybe bounce.

Oh and im still short 42850.

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22655 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

So the smaller timeframes are starting to confirm this as well then, this drop sneaked upon most of us!

I suspect it will test the middle line soon and then maybe bounce.

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22656 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Im sticking to my BB 5 hour chart call... Short @ 42480 (investing.com)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22657 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Makes sense and feels right yeah.

I feel out-a-da-water having not reached 43k+ to short...  and I like my shorts!

... it to go higher ... it must hit 43300-500 for bears to start licking their fingers

#22658 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

#22659 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

A

#22660 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

A small long would not hurt from 42500. It could be a bear trap.

When the Yankies wake up they might push it higher into the close. It's been the trend since last week.

Just put a stop around 42350

A

"Never never never give up!"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting