35854 replies to this topic

#23701 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fabes" data-cid="228512" data-time="1390763897">

To all intraday traders and perhaps scalpers .....who has been around for some time ....we are 453 points down ito AFTER HOURS IGM trading .....at these levels what is the perceived probability for a mere 100 points long opportunity .....surely that must be a some pre-trading normalisation - otherwise we will open over 1% lower - has that ever happen before?

Well I'm convinced by the downtrend, however I'm still long. Should Japanese data come in above expectation we should see some green. Also bearing in mind Asian indexes are already 2% down on Friday night, so more downside will result in 3-4%. Important data in Europe and US tomorrow, if good should result in some recovery. By no means advice just my opinion.

Took a working order last night and entered a long further down with a 100 point limit. Order was filled and closed with 100 point profit. Now waiting to see what happens at 0830.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#23702 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

Check the east!!!

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#23703 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

D_arrow.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23704 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

D_arrow.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23705 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

D_arrow.png

#23706 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

D_arrow.png

#23707 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

D_arrow.png

#23708 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

The best trade will be EM correct more. The Any bounce should be shorted.

I'm long Nasdaq and Russell2000 for a small leg up. There after a heavy selling should continue.

ALSI down till 38 000 is possible, keep your shorts.

Sell all ralies

D_arrow.png

#23709 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hi Chubby, I too am looking at the daily for history of red daily bars and it seems to me that whenever there is a longer than usual red candle ( and Friday was a very serious long red candle on the daily) then , the momentum suggests it is to be continued down for more days. have a look at 21 - 24 June last year guys. Im thinking of riding this to 39600 - EM's have generally more to suffer on taper fears than developed countries amongst other things - we are esp fragile at the moment -   

The best trade will be EM correct more. The Any bounce should be shorted.

I'm long Nasdaq and Russell2000 for a small leg up. There after a heavy selling should continue.

#23710 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Plasma" data-cid="228510" data-time="1390753575">To all intraday traders and perhaps scalpers .....who has been around for some time ....we are 453 points down ito AFTER HOURS IGM trading .....at these levels what is the perceived probability for a mere 100 points long opportunity .....surely that must be a some pre-trading normalisation - otherwise we will open over 1% lower - has that ever happen before?

Well I'm convinced by the downtrend, however I'm still long. Should Japanese data come in above expectation we should see some green. Also bearing in mind Asian indexes are already 2% down on Friday night, so more downside will result in 3-4%. Important data in Europe and US tomorrow, if good should result in some recovery. By no means advice just my opinion.

#23711 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Plasma" data-cid="228510" data-time="1390753575">To all intraday traders and perhaps scalpers .....who has been around for some time ....we are 453 points down ito AFTER HOURS IGM trading .....at these levels what is the perceived probability for a mere 100 points long opportunity .....surely that must be a some pre-trading normalisation - otherwise we will open over 1% lower - has that ever happen before?

#23712 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

To all intraday traders and perhaps scalpers .....who has been around for some time ....we are 453 points down ito AFTER HOURS IGM trading .....at these levels what is the perceived probability for a mere 100 points long opportunity .....surely that must be a some pre-trading normalisation - otherwise we will open over 1% lower - has that ever happen before?

#23713 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

"In order for these fragile EM countries to stabilize they need to bring their spending in line w/ export income & foreign capital" , and you think it's not possible in election year for our BOP to achieve that now? you want Zuma et al to fall off their Unicorns ?

#23714 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

got this today from web - any other believers in Fed Plunge Protection committee? Let's face it the Fed has invested too much with the current QE/Taper strategy to have it threatened. comments please! chances of bounce Monday? - I think Monday too soon for that.

www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article44125.html:

.".......After what happened on Friday I think we can safely assume that the current daily cycle has now entered its declining phase. As I have noted before, the average duration trough to trough for the daily cycle in the stock market is 35-40 days. Friday was day 24. We should expect a bottom probably on the next employment report on February 7.

Now here's the thing, I expect the Fed, and the plunge protection team to go into full panic mode this weekend, come out Monday morning with guns blazing, and try to stop the sell off. Unfortunately this behavior is what has allowed this parabolic structure to develop. Every time the market has tried to correct over the last year the Fed has prematurely aborted the sell off. I'm pretty sure they are going to try again next week."

5-spxmeltup.png

#23715 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I called a target of 42800 on IG cash end DEcember!! Reached 42600...not bad, ill take that anytime!!!

Well done HDB , and your current target map, or bounce from?

#23716 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

I called a target of 42800 on IG cash end DEcember!! Reached 42600...not bad, ill take that anytime!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#23717 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Any views on shorting richemont at R107.64... Maybe most of rand weakness is priced in already... Looking like nice top in place

#23718 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

The last time the SP500 sold off over 2% was in June 20...Finished the next day up 0.27 but only after it was down again heavily..So Im with you on that one

And P you were just my 1,000th post :)

Hi Chubby, I too am looking at the daily for history of red daily bars and it seems to me that whenever there is a longer than usual red candle ( and Friday was a very serious long red candle on the daily) then , the momentum suggests it is to be continued down for more days. have a look at 21 - 24 June last year guys. Im thinking of riding this to 39600 - EM's have generally more to suffer on taper fears than developed countries amongst other things - we are esp fragile at the moment -   

#23719 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

We just made our first bearish cross on the MAs on the 30min.  Hourlies and 5H to follow. I'd like to say short and keep and come back in a few weeks cause that is what I want to play out, but lets see where it goes!

Attached Files

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#23720 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

We are over 350 points down on IGM after hours....would like to believe that some closing of gap must take place....but the severity of this pullback makes me very wary...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting