#34761 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Short 34260 (J200).

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#34762 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hi bc,

I believe the top of this mini rally is in/if not maybe tiny points higher, rate cut could produce a spike up or down but the pattern is set and she is making her way down...

A

How high can this spike go, getting pretty worried, what would the inpact be of a rate cut by ECB be or would thart change your view??

"Never never never give up!"

#34763 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

US futures already cut from +0.3 to +0.2 and Europe (DAX and FTSE) has gone red....

Need a million ASAP

#34764 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sold the 34400 binary level for 27.7 to stay below

Need a million ASAP

#34765 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Looks like bears can't get any traction.

I'm going to wait and see before I enter a short.

Good move on your side, got out of my short of 33950 but then jumped in at 34200 as i thought we would not break that resistance, well we jumped 34300 and we are keeping it, a rate cut by ECB and of we go in my opinion

IG CASH

#34766 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I agree with on trading the trend for the day. It has worked for me too. However, I feel that, based on several factors we will be going down from here and the uptrend from this morning will reverse.

Good morning traders

I have been visiting SHARECHAT for about a month now, and while it is apparent that there are some "veteran Alsi traders" here, I have noticed that quite a few of the members trade their hopes and/or expectations.
I'd be curious to know how many of you went long this morning ? I expected a fall, but diligently followed my 10 min ema crossover and banked 200 points just before starting this post. ( my target is 400 points a week ).
For 5 months this was the way I played IG markets and openly admit that I lost a considerable amount of money.
In my novice opinion ( one that Ive learned to trust through many years of successful business ownership ), the only way to be successful at this is by trading the trend, and nothing else.
Since last Monday, I have bagged 2000 points, and yes, when Argento's big fall transpires I will be there to capitalize on it as well. I may not get the benefit of the initial few points fall, but the charts will show the way.
I may be ridiculed for this post, but hey, if it helps just one trader out there see the light, well then I'll be satisfied.
An analogy here would be like driving in the mist and being able to see 5 m in front of the vehicle. As you move forward, so you will be able to see another 5 m..... BUT certainly not 50 m down the track.

Thanks.

Need a million ASAP

#34767 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Sam, I agree 100% with you. That is the way I trade also.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#34768 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Looks like bears can't get any traction.

I'm going to wait and see before I enter a short.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#34769 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Good morning traders

I have been visiting SHARECHAT for about a month now, and while it is apparent that there are some "veteran Alsi traders" here, I have noticed that quite a few of the members trade their hopes and/or expectations.
I'd be curious to know how many of you went long this morning ? I expected a fall, but diligently followed my 10 min ema crossover and banked 200 points just before starting this post. ( my target is 400 points a week ).
For 5 months this was the way I played IG markets and openly admit that I lost a considerable amount of money.
In my novice opinion ( one that Ive learned to trust through many years of successful business ownership ), the only way to be successful at this is by trading the trend, and nothing else.
Since last Monday, I have bagged 2000 points, and yes, when Argento's big fall transpires I will be there to capitalize on it as well. I may not get the benefit of the initial few points fall, but the charts will show the way.
I may be ridiculed for this post, but hey, if it helps just one trader out there see the light, well then I'll be satisfied.
An analogy here would be like driving in the mist and being able to see 5 m in front of the vehicle. As you move forward, so you will be able to see another 5 m..... BUT certainly not 50 m down the track.

Thanks.

Trading by emotion and/or expectation is a pocket emptying certainty.

#34770 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

I would agree with that. The trend has turned in my opinion and I think we will be going down from here. I generally follow the trend for the day and try to enter at about 15 (sell) points or 85 (buy) points.

I generally also wait for the trend to settle before I enter a trade. Obviously using the same principles as CFD trading trying to anticipate the next movement, the tops or bottoms and trade accordingly.

Hi absmuller

Do you think it will be a good option to short the 34600 line today for 8% or is it a bit risky?

I see that 34550 is sort of a resistant line?

What are your strategies if I may ask, do you go with the trend a bit and then trade a line when the alsi near a resistance line with say 100 points play?

Or do you say, trade early on against the trend?

Need a million ASAP

#34771 Dallas

Dallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi absmuller

Do you think it will be a good option to short the 34600 line today for 8% or is it a bit risky?

I see that 34550 is sort of a resistant line?

What are your strategies if I may ask, do you go with the trend a bit and then trade a line when the alsi near a resistance line with say 100 points play?

Or do you say, trade early on against the trend?

#34772 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Slide a bit this afternoon but tomorrow a good whack down...but not the final one! :)

A

How high can this spike go, getting pretty worried, what would the inpact be of a rate cut by ECB be or would thart change your view??

IG CASH

#34773 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

That would be me...

Good day all

Anyone with experience in trading binary options on the top 40 using IG markets?

Any comments, suggestions, strategies will be appreciated.

Thanks

Need a million ASAP

#34774 Dallas

Dallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Good day all

Anyone with experience in trading binary options on the top 40 using IG markets?

Any comments, suggestions, strategies will be appreciated.

Thanks

#34775 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

German and EU PMI beat exp

Need a million ASAP

#34776 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Slide a bit this afternoon but tomorrow a good whack down...but not the final one! :)

A

So you expect a drop this arvie A?

#34777 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

So you expect a drop this arvie A?

Need a million ASAP

#34778 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Let you get what you want... Or should you rather look to get into (onto the side) what the market wants?

Good times for a change :)

See, the luck I've had can make a good man turn bad.

So please please please let me get what I want this time.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#34779 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Good times for a change :)

See, the luck I've had can make a good man turn bad.

So please please please let me get what I want this time.

Paranoid Android

#34780 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Nope

A

Morning Traders

I see a reverse Head and Shoulders forming on the bottom right of the daily chart...maybe...just maybe, we may be on our way back up!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting