35854 replies to this topic

#16861 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

If you are on IG platform and want to play ALSI40 I strongly advise you not to play anything bigger than the R4 per point (2 micro contracts @R2 per point each) until you start getting a feel for things.....which could take a couple of years or so. Recommend you also read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Lefevre) AND Trading Tools And Tactics: Reading The Mind Of The Market (Greg Capra).

Don't get suckered into a false sense of confidence by the dummy trading account. You wont learn anything until you have lost and made your own money. 

So true, that last sentence, Shortboy!

Here is a quote to go with that:

"There are certain things that cannot be adequately explained to a virgin either by words or pictures. Nor can any description I might offer here even approximate what it feels like to lose a real chunk of money that you used to own." - Fred Schwed

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#16862 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

blood red international and we flying :huh:

And lots more green coming...this bull is just amazing!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#16863 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Bounced nicely of that support line in the fist chart posted over the weekend,

second chart shows my target and some support, which will hopefully hold, if it does not, I have next support @ +- 46530, after that, back to +- 46260 again.

I am aiming to go short @ +-46800.

Lets see

I'm short @ 46765

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#16864 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Welcome Mars

Read at least the last 100 pages. Look at historical graphs and compare the commentary. Google terminology you don't know and post questions. In trading you have to do 90% yourself unfortunately.

If you are on IG platform and want to play ALSI40 I strongly advise you not to play anything bigger than the R4 per point (2 micro contracts @R2 per point each) until you start getting a feel for things.....which could take a couple of years or so. Recommend you also read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Lefevre) AND Trading Tools And Tactics: Reading The Mind Of The Market (Greg Capra).

Don't get suckered into a false sense of confidence by the dummy trading account. You wont learn anything until you have lost and made your own money. 

IG SA40

#16865 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Welcome Mars

Read at least the last 100 pages. Look at historical graphs and compare the commentary. Google terminology you don't know and post questions. In trading you have to do 90% yourself unfortunately.

Hi guys,

I am brand new to this forum and to trading... so can anyone please give me a quick crash course on what I can expect to find on this forum etc. Also some help on the terminology used will be appreciated...

Thanks

Start very small. Do not think you are Chuck Norris after you made money on your first trade. I have been trading part time now for a year and can only now say I've got a system that works, thanks to this forum and the unselfishness of it's members.I Have lost a lot of money but are slowly getting it back. Print the summary of the HDB Trading System out, it was posted today, and study it over and over again while just watching the graphs for 2 weeks before you make any trades.

Good Luck

#16866 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi guys,

I am brand new to this forum and to trading... so can anyone please give me a quick crash course on what I can expect to find on this forum etc. Also some help on the terminology used will be appreciated...

Thanks

Welcome Mars

#16867 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

ZAR...and lots of people went short :) 

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#16868 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

blood red international and we flying :huh:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#16869 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

R1 on weekly tough to crack..but still in with tp 46800

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#16870 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Here comes the dip in the US. Waiting for the dip buyers to step up...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#16871 Mars

Mars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks

#16872 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Selling your beautiful farm, A? Is this the beginnings of your move to acquire a wine farm in Stellenbosch?

K

:D

Apologies, meant to say beautiful farm to hunt on and belongs to a friend of my father, wish it was me though!

A

#16873 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Welcome back to you K, believe your travels were amazing, what countries did you see? I'm definitely in the bullish camp just like you!

Thanks for asking BlythZ, hunting was great, if ever anybody on the forum is looking for a nice farm contact me, it is 6000ha and beautiful, just north of Thabazimbi!

Back to trading, if you compare these two charts the pattern looks very similiar, as always determine if she is busy with consolidation or distribution, now if consolidation we are in for a strong rally and 47800+ futures my target, we are still in an uptrend!

Think first half of August is going to be bullish before that intermediate IV kicks off (quick and nasty)!

IMO....

A

Selling your beautiful farm, A? Is this the beginnings of your move to acquire a wine farm in Stellenbosch?

K

#16874 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Welcome back to you K, believe your travels were amazing, what countries did you see? I'm definitely in the bullish camp just like you!

Thanks for asking BlythZ, hunting was great, if ever anybody on the forum is looking for a nice farm contact me, it is 6000ha and beautiful, just north of Thabazimbi!

Back to trading, if you compare these two charts the pattern looks very similiar, as always determine if she is busy with consolidation or distribution, now if consolidation we are in for a strong rally and 47800+ futures my target, we are still in an uptrend!

Think first half of August is going to be bullish before that intermediate IV kicks off (quick and nasty)!

IMO....

A

Triangle target 48400 on cash...

(Maybe a little less, IG out of hours trading skews things a bit...)

K

Attached Files

Edited by K~~, 28 July 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#16875 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

The Mexican Wave... :D

:D  :D :D  :D

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#16876 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

IMO....

A

Attached Files

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#16877 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Welcome back, A! I'm also back from holiday, and looking to bank lots of green into the end of the year.

For now, the bulls seem to be in firm control. On to new highs!

K

IMO....

A

Attached Files

#16878 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Thanx for targets guys will post my trade so you can go opposite and make money Just for intrest sake what wave are we in now?

The Mexican Wave... :D

#16879 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Thanx for targets guys will post my trade so you can go opposite and make money Just for intrest sake what wave are we in now?

IG CASH

#16880 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Bounced nicely of that support line in the fist chart posted over the weekend,

second chart shows my target and some support, which will hopefully hold, if it does not, I have next support @ +- 46530, after that, back to +- 46260 again.

I am aiming to go short @ +-46800.

Lets see

Attached Files

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting