35854 replies to this topic

#17221 ykhan

ykhan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Locationsunninghill

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

IG is following me everytime I post my trade the market shoots in a opposite way same as last friday but I got those fuckers I went long and not short Haha suckers

:mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

#17222 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

IG is following me everytime I post my trade the market shoots in a opposite way same as last friday but I got those fuckers I went long and not short Haha suckers

IG CASH

#17223 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

With S&P futures green, and if we can break through resistance at 46 400 IG cash...then definitely at good day....:)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#17224 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

What is the difference between building a position, averaging or adding to losses?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#17225 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

V closed my long for 20 points profit and went short imo it is time to start building a short position market is changeing we should have been higher if Bull was still strong world markets flat and it just looks more and more like the iv wave is upon us just my view

IG CASH

#17226 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Wow 20 points profit and short 46325

Whats the target? How do you determine it?

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#17227 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wow 20 points profit and short 46325

IG CASH

#17228 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Brace yourself I went long,seeing a uptick now But that could be just before the drop.Haha

This is all going to be about next week, the up tick will be just a start move if anything, unless by some miracle the dow comes to the rescue 

#17229 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Brace yourself I went long,seeing a uptick now But that could be just before the drop.Haha

IG CASH

#17230 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Frans...de klerk maybe???

:D

Will take this as a compliment thanks but nope!

Bullish shorter term but my bear suite is hanging outside!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#17231 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Well, my expectations if you will consider it. I will be in the peanut gallery until this is confirmed to be true or false.

Attached Files

#17232 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

M2 hard @ work this morning....

Attached Files

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#17233 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

had the same idea did not know if allowed to ask

cant be, this Frans is way to bullish!!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#17234 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

had the same idea did not know if allowed to ask

#17235 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Very important trend line to watch in place since April, if this breaks intermediate IV will be here!

A

#17236 Guest_Dentarg_*

Guest_Dentarg_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

The fact that they do something to allow trading after hours is not the problem, I think if IG made it much more clear what they were doing and when, we as traders could look to mitigate problems or at the very leased be able to look at the correct index that is affecting IG at the time. It would in effect give a little more control to the trader, maybe control not the right word, awareness may be better. 

G

A agree 100%.  The fact there is no transparency at all on how they set pricing after hours means they can do exactly as they please without being challenged.  I have been forced to stop using automatic stops because of my positions being knocked out at random and then going in the opposite direction and becoming profitable.  I guess you get what you pay for.  I think its time to look for an alternative.

#17237 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Or potentially loose...

We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes, even in Livingstone times he spoke about the manipulation going on, especially when it comes to taken out stops!When money making is involved parties involved will do just anything to win....!

Even with the Deutsche guys scary how they knock out the warrants to get traders out of big positions, thing is to be more clever then them...one can beat them, although one will never beat the market! B)  

A

The fact that they do something to allow trading after hours is not the problem, I think if IG made it much more clear what they were doing and when, we as traders could look to mitigate problems or at the very leased be able to look at the correct index that is affecting IG at the time. It would in effect give a little more control to the trader, maybe control not the right word, awareness may be better. 

G

#17238 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Wise words P!!

And you ask me why I don' trade IG, over 600 points down last night and futures open 250 points down....manipulators!!

Anyways back to the original projection of this return move so I'm buying this dip and staying long, according to Elliott we had a A, B and now C leg down, so new highs to come after this and not the start of IV IMO!

Drop is because of geopolitical issues and normally gets bought!

Very sad about the plane and innocent people that died!

A

Very important trend line to watch in place since April, if this breaks intermediate IV will be here!

A

Attached Files

#17239 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Is one of the others like this?...

attachicon.gifchart edit.png

pretty much yes...

#17240 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

This is not altogether out of the ordinary, during the night IG looks at futures of Europe to work out a position last night the stoxx 50 was 2.5 percent down at 12 midnight, by this morning it had reduced to about .5, it is part of the offering IG make that you could potentially make money during the night. 

Or potentially loose...

We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes, even in Livingstone times he spoke about the manipulation going on, especially when it comes to taken out stops!When money making is involved parties involved will do just anything to win....!

Even with the Deutsche guys scary how they knock out the warrants to get traders out of big positions, thing is to be more clever then them...one can beat them, although one will never beat the market! B)  

A

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting