• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#17261 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

haven't lost anything yet, sold off 2 long from that last drop at a profit, have 5 more long not in profit. Now waiting for direction. Did not make as much as I thought, but then I never do 

I just wish this market can correct and get it over with so that everyone can go on and make money. This feeling of anticipation is really starting to piss me off.

#17262 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

It seems as if most of you are a bit tense this morning. Dont worry, i also lost money!!!

haven't lost anything yet, sold off 2 long from that last drop at a profit, have 5 more long not in profit. Now waiting for direction. Did not make as much as I thought, but then I never do 

#17263 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

Still in long but now I am dragging a short around that I will have to buy my way out of, may just leave the short right here and pick it up on the next drop. The VIX is calming down again so I see the effects of all the political stuff being deferd until further information is found. 

Ditto! :unsure:

#17264 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

It seems as if most of you are a bit tense this morning. Dont worry, i also lost money!!!

#17265 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Still in long but now I am dragging a short around that I will have to buy my way out of, may just leave the short right here and pick it up on the next drop. The VIX is calming down again so I see the effects of all the political stuff being deferd until further information is found. 

#17266 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

This is not about my posts this is about you being a self righteous fool!

back to trading... :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#17267 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

u obviously not reading what I wrote correctly...Where did I condone one over the other.??????

People like you have nom heart buddy...and its people like you I am aiming at who have their priorities in life all wrong!!

U can call me an idiot or whatever...makes no difference to me cause I have been called worse here!!

As for you postings here, I have still to learn from your posts?? U only post after the event...anyone can do that!!

Go read your posts again and see...

This is not about my posts this is about you being a self righteous fool!

#17268 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

What happened is extremely sad and simply inhumane no matter what your political views are.

With that being said, let's keep this forum non-political. 

I'm adding longs here, with a medium term view to hold. As I stated earlier, my trading allows a large drawdown so this is not a scalp trade.

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#17269 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

So you imply that you condone one form of barbarism because of your stance on another. You Sir! You are an IDIOT!!!!

u obviously not reading what I wrote correctly...Where did I condone one over the other.??????

People like you have nom heart buddy...and its people like you I am aiming at who have their priorities in life all wrong!!

U can call me an idiot or whatever...makes no difference to me cause I have been called worse here!!

As for you postings here, I have still to learn from your posts?? U only post after the event...anyone can do that!!

Go read your posts again and see...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#17270 Hedge

Hedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

So you imply that you condone one form of barbarism because of your stance on another. You Sir! You are an IDIOT!!!!

'An IDIOT'!! What an understatement.

#17271 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

If you think this is barbaric, then this is nothing compared to what Israelis are doing to the Palestinians!! Absolute genocide!!

And guess what...This is condoned by the USA!!!

You worried about one plane being shot down...These people have bombs rained upon them 24 hours a day in the most densely populated city in the world called Gazza!!  and they are literally locked in a cage...So much for human civilization huh!!

As the late Nelson Mandela said,

" We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians"

Sorry for the banter but had to get it off my chest!!

Edited by Wingnut, 18 July 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#17272 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Off Subject.

The shooting down of the airliner over the Ukraine is truly one of the most barbaric acts I have ever heard of, 

If you think this is barbaric, then this is nothing compared to what Israelis are doing to the Palestinians!! Absolute genocide!!

And guess what...This is condoned by the USA!!!

You worried about one plane being shot down...These people have bombs rained upon them 24 hours a day in the most densely populated city in the world called Gazza!!  and they are literally locked in a cage...So much for human civilization huh!!

As the late Nelson Mandela said,

" We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians"

Sorry for the banter but had to get it off my chest!!

HDB

#17273 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Been  a pilot since 1986. This is not what anybody would have thought would be the cause of my plane coming down.

#17274 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Off Subject.

The shooting down of the airliner over the Ukraine is truly one of the most barbaric acts I have ever heard of, As a pilot you expect many ways a flight can go wrong, in a civilian aircraft a rocket from the ground, I have never even contemplated. Every commercial aircraft has something called a squawk box, it is an open to all radio beacon that transmits its flight number, it is a very simple matter of confirming that the aircraft is civilian before launching, and most military radar picks up the ident code.

It is even worse if the rockets came from the Russian military although this has not been confirmed yet.

May the dead rest in peace. May the living bring the murderers to justice, may the politicians have the  foresight to stop this before someone releases the dogs of war.

Has life become so cheap as to reflect only on a score board for points against the other side. There is something to be said for the older ways of waging war, 2 armies on a field, hand to hand combat with the victor leaving the field, the score settled. Only those involved under threat.

A sad day indeed/

G  

#17275 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

If you don’t understand why you are in a trade, you won’t understand when it is the right time to sell, which means you will only sell when the price action scares you. Most of the time when price action scares you, it is a buying opportunity, not a sell indicator. - Jack Schwager

I like it, sometimes difficult to see the wood for the trees especially when moves come out of the blue. difficult to make the right choice and not get emotional. 

#17276 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

If you don’t understand why you are in a trade, you won’t understand when it is the right time to sell, which means you will only sell when the price action scares you. Most of the time when price action scares you, it is a buying opportunity, not a sell indicator. - Jack Schwager

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#17277 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, gold shot up, rand dollar in the toilet, and the US down, so do we drop or stay the same, orders in, in case we drop, will have to carry a couple of longs down with me, as long as this is limited to 2000 points drop I will take the ride down. Having said all that this may be the catalyst to a much larger correction driven by the world markets,

The problem with markets is you take the exam first THEN learn the lesson.

Grant  

#17278 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

gonna be a cluster**** in the morning!

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#17279 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Wave 4 activity would seem to be affirmed.

Wave c not expected to exceed wave a.  (One of those tram-line theory things)

Just another test of the Elliott wave theory.

Stops accordingly.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#17280 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

So much for the greedy bulls that couldn't resist... Dow just wiped out entire weeks gains... Guess some bulls will still be buying into weakness tomorrow hoping to scalp some scraps. Good luck to them too!!! I'm waiting for them support lines to break to see if hell will break loose

45600 by the morning to take proper control

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting