• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#17341 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

South Africa 40 Cash on IG, single stock CFDs and options  :)

mhmm - options?

i did register last week for those - seems a goodish way to enhance returns? let me study them a bit more, maybe will sell the first ones next week...

Life is for living...

#17342 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

NO attack!

thank you for the refresher on the basics  :)

my system fired a short - i took it - is all...

Thanks RusQ!

That's the thing, many ways to skin a cat so to speak but the only way to be a winner in this zero sum game is to follow your own trading method that suits your abilities, timeframe, risk tolerance, behavioural biases and psychology.

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#17343 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Just noting how I choose to trade. Not saying anything against anybody else's strategy so please don't take this as an attack  ;)

NO attack!

thank you for the refresher on the basics  :)

my system fired a short - i took it - is all...

Life is for living...

#17344 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi S,

What products do you trade?

A

South Africa 40 Cash on IG, single stock CFDs and options  :)

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#17345 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Posted this when top40 was 46,000 on Friday afternoon, that is 1,000 points I have made purely by ignoring the noise and sitting tight.

Works for me.

Now I can 'handle' a 1,000 point drop to break-even as compared to where I was on Friday afternoon.  I am 1,000 points up compared to having no trade on. Imagine if I had been going short in a bull market? Damage would be 1,000 instead of 1,000 gain.

Hi S,

What products do you trade?

A

"Never never never give up!"

#17346 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Posted this when top40 was 46,000 on Friday afternoon, that is 1,000 points I have made purely by ignoring the noise and sitting tight.

Works for me.

Now I can 'handle' a 1,000 point drop to break-even as compared to where I was on Friday afternoon.  I am 1,000 points up compared to having no trade on. Imagine if I had been going short in a bull market? Damage would be 1,000 instead of 1,000 gain.

Just noting how I choose to trade. Not saying anything against anybody else's strategy so please don't take this as an attack  ;)

#17347 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

This will be a good test for if that 1st of the month theory works....so it goes that when mr market rallies hard (and stay up) first day of the month it usually is a bullish month...we had a 1.3% up day on the 1st, so depending on what reversal signal (doji/engulfing) we get we will know soon!

IMO if we get a engulfing candle tomorrow changes are good the bull is back...and will go long!So that means today she will stay red (red maribuzo) and could still go bit lower!

It is just us falling (US futures flat) and an impulsive drop that usually signals the end of a down phase...always wait for the signal! :ph34r:

A

Remember this....month should end strong!(Given a few distribution moves possibly)

A

"Never never never give up!"

#17348 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Puts expired OTM and market action as predicted. Have a good weekend folks. Bull to continue next week

Works for me.

#17349 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Pulling back again boys..... Buy the dip!!!!

:D

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#17350 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

if you are struggling to hold onto a position that is merely taking a breather, your positions are too big

#17351 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Suddenly I remember why I have difficulty sitting tight

:D  :)  :)  :)  :D

#17352 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Pulling back again boys..... Buy the dip!!!!

#17353 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Suddenly I remember why I have difficulty sitting tight

#17354 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

IF this turns into a reversal, so close to the previous top, bulls may not like it for a wee bit.

'sit tight' may ruin your chair :lol: :lol:

always use a cushion on the chair, don't want to suck up the leather, lost a few cushions. 

#17355 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

sometimes patience can cause traders to become a patient in the hospital for stress. 

:lol:  - YEp, a bed by the window!

#17356 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

IF this turns into a reversal, so close to the previous top, bulls may not like it for a wee bit.

'sit tight' may ruin your chair :lol: :lol:

Life is for living...

#17357 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

This leg is more like b until it breaks something.

Although the 3-4a was 84% of 1-2 (maybe short term low volume high sentiment afflicted).

The gap and lack of form in this wave appears without adequate excuse.

And now equal legs trip brings in bounce circa 47000 (futures)  ?

Hi V, so are you saying we are already in intermediate iv down? if so whats your estimate for the bottom? thanks.

#17358 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Once went to dr and was busy closing a trade or entering a trade when it was my turn to go in....still working on my pad when I sat down. Took my blood pressure and said I must relax ....will wait a bit in order to take it again...was too high...well he did not know what I was doing whilst walking into his office.

you know that feeling when you can hear your hart beat in the ears, usually happens when I have a 500 point trailing stop about to be hit and I only opened the trade 2 hours ago. But if the market turns before blowing me out better than any drug, who need to buy drugs, wast of money, get in on the market, probably more expensive but much bigger kick. 

G

Edited by grantmu, 16 July 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#17359 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

:) oh well, patience is virtue they say , a profitable one in the case of trading

sometimes patience can cause traders to become a patient in the hospital for stress.

Once went to dr and was busy closing a trade or entering a trade when it was my turn to go in....still working on my pad when I sat down. Took my blood pressure and said I must relax ....will wait a bit in order to take it again...was too high...well he did not know what I was doing whilst walking into his office.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#17360 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Imagine...3000 down and 4000 back up....o ye!

David Petch said one can make significant returns with the waves coming...and he is right!

A

I am in, in, in, in,

anything over 2000 will be good for me 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting