35854 replies to this topic

#17321 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

so it seems..waiting to add on signal(macd on hourly) but don't think it'll happen today

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#17322 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

this seems to be a slow grind down till 3 PM, then we will see if it turns or waits till Monday to turn, FTSE also slow down, 

#17323 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

i'll take a bite..46750(F) long

#17324 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Nice dip to buy if you missed the train, I'm looking for that top next week Thursday/Friday voor pappa beer (IV) hier is!

A

Thanks A. Definitely comforting to be on the same side with you :)

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#17325 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Back in longs...1st long at 46700 (IG Cash). Looking to add if she goes further down. Potential H&S on the dailies.

Nice dip to buy if you missed the train, I'm looking for that top next week Thursday/Friday voor pappa beer (IV) hier is!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#17326 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Back in longs...1st long at 46700 (IG Cash). Looking to add if she goes further down. Potential H&S on the dailies.

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#17327 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

my JSE feed seems to be on the fritz, anyone else have the same problem

#17328 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

46750(F) minor support..otherwise down we go

#17329 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

What time is the interest rate decision? And what do we do between now and the announcement, long or short? 

hold..macd on hourly still wide

#17330 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

V don't worry at least we know the newbie S will always be long with you to that level and beyond as you just go long and wait for as long as it takes, and you in the money

I think you may be trying to catch an endangered species  :P

I am not convinced that there will be a rate hike, 25 bps the most

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#17331 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

What time is the interest rate decision? And what do we do between now and the announcement, long or short? 

#17332 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

T40 futures wave 5 of P3 to 160714

attachicon.gifSAT40(F)160714.png

bring on 4! :D

#17333 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

T40 futures wave 5 of P3 to 160714

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#17334 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

Ok so if interest rate is hiked tomorrow

Rate will be hiked. She said so much the last time actually. Well, I pretty confident that we are going to get a hike. If not then surely still Q4!
"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#17335 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

V don't worry at least we know the newbie S will always be long with you to that level and beyond as you just go long and wait for as long as it takes, and you in the money

IG CASH

#17336 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

thanks...so we in Elliot wave limbo.... :D ... is the bigger picture long then  :unsure:

My present take targets 49000 (futures) for P3, but waves roll and tend to use up the space between the tramlines.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#17337 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Ok so if interest rate is hiked tomorrow should we see a pullback or is it priced in, everyone seems to be long and making it look so easy to make money.Well the market allways wins so longs is going to be surprised when they least expect it just my my view

IG CASH

#17338 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Refers to the more significant waves within wave 5 of P3. There would  appear to be consensus that the 3rd of these is now in and so now is the question with the 4th which may or may not be in. If not we see wave 4 performing the alternation of 1-2. If it is then we see the 5th before us already.

A zig zag 4th can be more than difficult to see at first. A 5th of 5th can extend or fail. Speculation about wave internals has better opportunities than where we are at the moment. The bigger picture is where to be.

thanks...so we in Elliot wave limbo.... :D ... is the bigger picture long then  :unsure:

#17339 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi V, so are you saying we are already in intermediate iv down? if so whats your estimate for the bottom? thanks.

Refers to the more significant waves within wave 5 of P3. There would  appear to be consensus that the 3rd of these is now in and so now is the question with the 4th which may or may not be in. If not we see wave 4 performing the alternation of 1-2. If it is then we see the 5th before us already.

A zig zag 4th can be more than difficult to see at first. A 5th of 5th can extend or fail. Speculation about wave internals has better opportunities than where we are at the moment. The bigger picture is where to be.

#17340 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Just noting how I choose to trade. Not saying anything against anybody else's strategy so please don't take this as an attack  ;)

No offense taken whatsoever and thank you for your input. What you are saying makes perfect sense! As a rule I dont normally bet on a bear in a bull market but since it was high time for a pull back and given the momentum I broke my rule. I made about 700p in shorts and swung to longs over 700 up(which is now fast eroding). Admittedly there was a fair share of luck involved but, that's what ultimately attracts the "gamblers".

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting