814 replies to this topic

#41 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Bought GND @ R12.70

Edited by soutie, 24 July 2015 - 04:01 PM.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#42 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

Tech companies are said to outperform this year.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#43 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Made LT investments into APK and ADI since last post.

ADI is already up. It's defensive and will continue to do good as the economy struggles and companies go back to focusing less on top line sales and more on internal cost saving ops, ADI's bread and butter. Their client base is impressive and mostly operate in defensive industries.

APK will take time. Management are making changes. Shedding unprofitable business and restructuring with a new focused strategy. I like management that "manage" actively. And the fact that it's trading at half its NAV makes it very attractive. Patience required.

#44 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

I read an article somewhere last week that picked 3 turnaround favourites for the long term.

Have a look.

MZR -> still to risky for me

VLE -> I'm buying at 360

APK -> I'm buying @ 350

#45 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

• ADI - I sold earlier in the year when it hit R10. It shot up after their results and I felt it was getting too expensive. Will look to enter when it stabilizes around R8 again. Great company and one of my favourites.

Thanks flexbender!

Same - I sold my previous position at 1050c, and recently picked it up again at 875c (20% discount from when I sold).

If it reaches R8 I'll buy another tranch (another 10% discount)

Edited by vlam-hobbyist, 03 June 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#46 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

• REI - I recently sold mine after holding for about 5 years. Mainly because it's a boring share. They're sitting on a huge amount of cash and haven't really done anything investment wise since listing besides BAT. Why? I think reinet will go thorugh a flat phase.
  • ELI - Still too risky. The expectation of recovery has gone on for very very long and I can't see anything that's changed enough to warrant a buy. So unless you know some inside info I'll stay away. They are still going to need plenty of capital to float it out of its current operational mire.
  • ZED - I own and like zeder a lot. Agree with you on the R8.
  • POY - I used to hold it untill about a year or 2 ago. If you're patient enough it should reward. The PSG presence, the recent restructuring and the expansion offshore will take time to show in the financials. The next 2 years should be bumpy.
  • ADI - I sold earlier in the year when it hit R10. It shot up after their results and I felt it was getting too expensive. Will look to enter when it stabilizes around R8 again. Great company and one of my favourites. Perfect for this thread...

#47 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

I've added some JSE:GND (Grindrod) and JSE:ADI (AdaptIt).

I'm already long JSE:SSK (Stefanutti Stocks) - someone in the forum recently mentioned its still cheap.  Their recent results were good, and I'm hoping for even better returns as profit margins improve.

Edited by vlam-hobbyist, 03 June 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#48 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Added to my position in Purple.<br />Waiting on Zed to get to 800c before I bulk up.<br /><br />My sore point is Alaris/ Poynting - I'm deep in the red. And not sure whether I should hang on or cut my losses. Any advice?

#49 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

looking to add FDP and either ELI/BDM on monday. Leaning towards ELI after Allan Grey upped their holding as per today's SENS

ELI for me today. Waiting on FDP to drop a bit more before I look to add that too...

#50 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

REI & ZED

#51 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

A lot of bargains on market at the moment to stock up on in that LT Portfolio.

My 3 picks:

REM

APN

DSY

Let's hear them.

#52 Bargain hunter

Bargain hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Anthony Clark doesn't seem to favour ellies, especially witht he current price being below the below the rights offer price. Tend to agree with that one.

FDP definitely seems worthwhile. I'm bit unsure on timing though. The trading restrictions on the shares are soon to be increased to 4% per month for those vendors that were restricted to 2% of their holding per month previously. In the absence of buyers and a flood of sellers the price could drop quite sharply even though there may be value in the price. Also they just bought a property for R50m and are going to part issue the purchase price in shares. It would have made sense at R1 a share but at 24c a share, it will likely just dilute existing shareholders. 

Got me some FDP & ELI to my punts ;)

Had a look at both of them, not current shiners and FDP's website(had a look over the weekend) is a really shocker, but given the SENS and they trading waaay below NAV decided to punt some, same goes for ELI

#53 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

looking to add FDP and either ELI/BDM on monday. Leaning towards ELI after Allan Grey upped their holding as per today's SENS

Got me some FDP & ELI to my punts ;)

Had a look at both of them, not current shiners and FDP's website(had a look over the weekend) is a really shocker, but given the SENS and they trading waaay below NAV decided to punt some, same goes for ELI

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#54 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

Edited by yusufm, 22 May 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#55 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

ARB ARH 1.5 0.61% A V I AVI 37.99 5.88% ARROW A AWA 26.33 4.28% BATS BTI 40.86 2.33% CLIENTELE CLI 15.91 0.40% CORONAT CML 43.82 9.36% CAPITEC CPI 103.74 4.85% FORTRESSA FFA 20.27 1.42% GRANPRADE GPL 27.66 1.50% GROWPNT GRT 26.76 3.15% HYPROP HYP 26.18 7.81% IMPERIAL IPL -9.06 2.21% INTUPLC ITU 20.06 3.27% MMI HLDGS MMI 44.15 1.97% MR PRICE MPC 65.14 8.55% MTN GROUP MTN -4.29 4.54% NEPI NEP -2.03 1.62% NAMPAK NPK 9.67 2.28% OLDMUTUAL OML 13.39 3.46% PERGRIN PGR 17.73 2.13% REDEFINE RDF 21.49 2.88% RHODES RFG 2.45 1.88% RMIH RMI 33.86 3.17% ROCKCASTLE ROC 37.24 3.89% RI PLC RPL 24.91 5.05% SA CORP SAC 30.39 2.89% SANLAM SLM 12.38 1.96% SIRIUS SRE -6.03 1.11% SPURCORP SUR 18.87 0.75% TRUWTHS TRU 4.13 0.80% VODACOM VOD 9.7 3.19%

From the 21st of November 2014 to today up 6.3% - excluding dividends. Bit of an odd day to compare but it's when my portfolio goes over a certain milestone, I take my wife out for dinner. Finally got over 100% with Capitec - I have doubled other shares before (MPC (I think) and CML) - but the rebuying has always diluted the price. Nice to actually have it in black and white!

Dividends percentages are from 1st Sep to end August - so far this year is just over 2%. The year before did 3.95% - but wasn't very accurate, more around 5% I would have thought. This year would like 5.5%

Edited by MrDividend, 28 January 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#56 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

great forward potential on GPL long term but just not enough day2day liquidity for trading

Hence the topic header "Long Term Portfolio" haha :)

#57 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

great forward potential on GPL long term but just not enough day2day liquidity for trading

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#58 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

I mean gran parade, haha had just read famous brands article in accountancy SA. Nevertheless I do like both FBR and Grand Parade

I also have a couple of GPLs... Really struggling to get going for a few months now...

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#59 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

SA equities I like at the moment: Calgro M3 - been highly profitable, still undervalued and have massive pipeline at the moment; Santova logistics- solid company, hugely undervalued due to much of costs related to internally generated intangible asset not being on balance sheet, taste holdings and famous brands because of dominos pizza and Burger King, massive rollout of these franchises is inevitable.

Famous Brands ..have nothing to do with BK or dominoes..if anything they could lose share to those. You must mean Grand Parade...which buy the way I also like and hold.

That said, I'm a big FBR fan and with the lower oil price I say BUY.
The entire food services sector should see some lift.

I mean gran parade, haha had just read famous brands article in accountancy SA. Nevertheless I do like both FBR and Grand Parade

#60 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

SA equities I like at the moment: Calgro M3 - been highly profitable, still undervalued and have massive pipeline at the moment; Santova logistics- solid company, hugely undervalued due to much of costs related to internally generated intangible asset not being on balance sheet, taste holdings and famous brands because of dominos pizza and Burger King, massive rollout of these franchises is inevitable.

Famous Brands ..have nothing to do with BK or dominoes..if anything they could lose share to those. You must mean Grand Parade...which buy the way I also like and hold.

That said, I'm  a big FBR fan and with the lower oil price I say BUY.

The entire food services sector should see some lift.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting