Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#701 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Sold out most of my RSG. Nothing seems to be happening and the opportunity cost has began to weigh in

Yusufm1, you should have told me ha ha ha, are you going into Kibo now?

#702 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sold out most of my RSG. Nothing seems to be happening and the opportunity cost has began to weigh in

#703 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

This share has made me a very happy chappy, I got in at 50c, but it its a roller coaster ride with this one

A roller coaster that only goes up we can hope :P
Wow so you've already quadrupled your investment. Wish I had been watching this one earlier. Apparently there are still a few more announcements due by the end of December so we will hopefully see 300c by then.

#704 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

And we're off to a flier :D first target almost reached...

This share has made me a very happy chappy, I got in at 50c, but it its a roller coaster ride with this one

#705 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

Onelogix @ 540c...Low petrol price will benefit them,

Damn I missed the boat (*flight) for Comair...490c

#706 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

I'm loving it! Bought in at 135c this morning and it's going strong. Will sell half at 250c and hold the rest for a while.

And we're off to a flier :D first target almost reached...

Edited by yusufm1, 11 December 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#707 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

AFDAWN tweet; "AGM on Fr. will include the Statutory Activities as well as a Progress Update Presentation by Management."

If someone can ask them to explain Afdawn' new Knife Capital assets that they have bought for R10 million plus;    

These assets include:

• Ownership of the market presence to which entrepreneurs are drawn through the education activities of Knife Capital (please translate this!);
  • The opportunity that this market presence presents to attract entrepreneurs whose businesses have good investment potential for Afdawn;
  • The opportunity presented by the Grindstone activities to screen for businesses with good investment potential;
  • The opportunity to make a step change in Afdawn' brand reputation in a manner that would contribute to Afdawn realizing its new vision; and
  • Capabilities that, by virtue of how they are managed in an integrated way, will contribute meaningfully to Afdawn realizing its new vision.  

​They may even be bold enough to compare the above with other not for profit incubators. 

#708 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

Anyone here follow Kibo Mining? Up almost 200% in 2 days

I'm loving it! Bought in at 135c this morning and it's going strong. Will sell half at 250c and hold the rest for a while.

#709 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

“Opportunity often knocks only once. The wise person seizes it. The weak hesitates. The fool does not even hear the knock.”

- Dr Paul TP Wong

Afdawn waits nine months to understand the opportunity, then pay double to (maybe) get in! 

#710 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Andrea Bohmert Afdawn Director tweeted; "How come that entrepreneurs understand the business model immediately and journalists don't? Non-profit? Really?"

Dear Andrea, I think one must accept that journos are not entrepreneurs.... they are outsiders looking in. To belittle the champions of SA entrepreneurial development is just showing their quest for sentation.     

Let us all try to get as many journalists as possible to the Afdawn AGM for the Chairman and CEO to share with them what they either don't want to understand or by virtue of their limited understanding of entrepreneurial development are not able to understand how Knife Capital is changing the entrepreneurial landscape of the country; you own the space! 

As this has now gone viral they are now obliged to react. 

Battleship, Fleetstroke, LWVi, JR7800 and the other enlightened members please support the cause.   

Hawk

#711 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

Anyone here follow Kibo Mining? Up almost 200% in 2 days

Edited by yusufm1, 05 December 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#712 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'd be very wary of investing in a penny stock.

Not to mention the fact that this company generated a grand total of 6 mil in rev last year and operated at a loss of almost 20 million..

So what's the investment case here? From you moniker ADW1 I assume you have some affiliation to the company?

Sound advice here, tried this = waaaay in the red! Sure if you see the potential in a new listing it could be worth a small punt.. the rest of your portfolio should be main gunners (CML, FBR etc..)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#713 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Afdawn, Gamma the old dog..... no business case here just a lot of rookies playing hide and seek. Claim to fame i.e. why to invest; 

• Ownership of the market presence to which entrepreneurs are drawn through the education activities of Knife Capital;
  • The opportunity that this market presence presents to attract entrepreneurs whose businesses have good investment potential for Afdawn;
  • The opportunity presented by the Grindstone activities to screen for businesses with good investment potential;
  • The opportunity to make a step change in Afdawn's brand reputation in a manner that would contribute to Afdawn realizing its new vision; and
  • Capabilities that, by virtue of how they are managed in an integrated way, will contribute meaningfully to Afdawn realizing its new vision. (LOL)

If you can demystify this you are a rocket scientist. Maybe somebody close to the fire can help, ADW1 or LWVi your thinking on this?

#714 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

added some more CRD at 300c. That's my max position size now.  :rolleyes:

#715 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Cautionary this morning re negotiations that will have 'material positive' impact on the share price. All the good news are now coming together and the share price will react as many interested parties have been waiting for this breakthrough in the roll out of the Afdawn vision.   

The Next Ten Bagger.........

I think you have something here sport.... Goodluck.

#716 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Talking about Afdawn....

I'd be very wary of investing in a penny stock.

Not to mention the fact that this company generated a grand total of 6 mil in rev last year and operated at a loss of almost 20 million..

So what's the investment case here? From you moniker ADW1 I assume you have some affiliation to the company?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#717 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

Talking about Afdawn....

Hawk

#718 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Cautionary this morning re negotiations that will have 'material positive' impact on the share price. All the good news are now coming together and the share price will react as many interested parties have been waiting for this breakthrough in the roll out of the Afdawn vision.   

The Next Ten Bagger.........

Hawk

#719 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Afdawn announced DTI support grant today. Their plan is coming together. Price still depressed. Waiting for the new Grindstone scale-up companies to be announced. More proof of their superior IP and market appeal. 

Hawk

#720 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

And now the ordinary share price hits 12c! Weird things happening. Not sure what to expect or how to trade them. I still have over 3 million rights shares. Can't decide whether to sell out at 1c (all profit) or hold and see if I can get better later :wacko:  :blink:

Edited by yusufm1, 03 December 2014 - 10:02 AM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting