866 replies to this topic

#261 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:46 AM

It was also a much larger more diverse company with stronger performance from all subsidiaries. Trident Steel is an example of this. They used to be one of the dominant players in the steel game.

It's a shadow of its former self unfortunately...

#262 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:50 PM

Can you perhaps remember what the share price was then?

Trying to do some math... .to keep and dividend... vs sell when it reaches R2 ( or there abouts )

https://www.moneyweb...-a-company/AEG/ On your right hand side. In September 2012 the share price was just under R7.

#263 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:41 PM

Trying to do some math... .to keep and dividend... vs sell when it reaches R2 ( or there abouts )

#264 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:33 PM

Not in the near future, but it surely is. Their last dividend was 60c and this was while the share price was falling.

#265 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:02 PM

Oo... wait... R1 dividend... is that even an option? 

Not in the near future, but it surely is. Their last dividend was 60c and this was while the share price was falling.

#266 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:25 PM

How in the world can people who are supposed to create shareholder value reward themselves so handsomely... and it's all legal. At R1 dividend these guys will swim in cash annually. 

And instead of buying back shares at a later stage when they are out of the woods, they are slashing our shares with a consolidation. 

Oo... wait... R1 dividend... is that even an option? 

#267 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:18 PM

You can look it up in the latest SENS announcement yesterday:

https://www.sharenet...seq=2&scode=AEG

How in the world can people who are supposed to create shareholder value reward themselves so handsomely... and it's all legal. At R1 dividend these guys will swim in cash annually. 

And instead of buying back shares at a later stage when they are out of the woods, they are slashing our shares with a consolidation. 

#268 Money_Talks

Money_Talks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cape.

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:49 PM

I see there is a trader out there that dumps a few Aveng shares on the market at 2c every so often. He is obviously trying to create the impression that "current market trading price" has now fallen to 2c. This effort costs him only R1 each time, but he may be successful in creating panic among some traders who do not look up the volumes traded, and then let go large volumes at 2c.

:huh: :rolleyes: :D

#269 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:42 PM

If I remember correctly they paid themselves some neat bonuses after the last rights offer. Promised shareholders the sky and moon and have delivered 2 barely profitable half year results between those rights offers. Crazy that so many people supported this rights offer. Each to their own.

#270 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:42 PM

Bottom of SENS issued yesterday.

Thanks, much appreciated. Don't know why I didn't see that list

#271 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:33 PM

If I remember correctly they paid themselves some neat bonuses after the last rights offer. Promised shareholders the sky and moon and have delivered 2 barely profitable half year results between those rights offers. Crazy that so many people supported this rights offer. Each to their own.

Ha ha ha it was bonuses on R17mln I remember that and here were are again

#272 Money_Talks

Money_Talks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cape.

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

Where can I find this information about the director's incentive? This is heartbreaking to hear.

You can look it up in the latest SENS announcement yesterday:

https://www.sharenet...seq=2&scode=AEG

#273 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:23 PM

Where can I find this information about the director's incentive? This is heartbreaking to hear.

Bottom of SENS issued yesterday.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#274 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:19 PM

They rewarded themselves to the point where it is becoming absurd. They used the R300 Million rights offer to allocate themselves with 4 BILLION shares as an incentive. At today's market price of 3c, that is worth R120 Million.

The fact is, the R120 Million directors' incentive comes directly as an extra cost to existing shareholders by diluting their share values. It almost seems as if the rights offer was used as an excuse to reward themselves.

#275 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

#276 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

#277 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:46 PM

They rewarded themselves to the point where it is becoming absurd. They used the R300 Million rights offer to allocate themselves with 4 BILLION shares as an incentive. At today's market price of 3c, that is worth R120 Million.

The fact is, the R120 Million directors' incentive comes directly as an extra cost to existing shareholders by diluting their share values. It almost seems as if the rights offer was used as an excuse to reward themselves.

Ha ha ha a heist, Im sure they will waste no time in offloading them as soon as they vest. The want only the upside for them and shareholders can have the downside alone, they never bothered to purchase these for themselves. 

Share buy back canned, in favour of share consolidation, they will wait a few months after that and bam, back with a cap in hand I suspect.

#278 Money_Talks

Money_Talks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cape.

Posted 17 March 2021 - 11:15 AM

Management really rewarded themselves here

#279 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:27 AM

Aveng needs to start generating shareholder value before they can even crack a joke about another rights offer.

I couldn't agree more... Diluting the share is one thing, but taking the shares in circulation to above 50 billion is taking it to the doldrums. 

#280 Spolle

Spolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:12 AM

Aveng needs to start generating shareholder value before they can even crack a joke about another rights offer.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting