#301 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:44 AM

Rights traded yesterday 

According to sharenet.co.za for AEGN. Yesterday was the last day to trade take up the rights offer? 

Correct. The AEGN share will be suspended as of today.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#302 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:28 AM

It was short term. I just realised that 7c is 300% profits (post rights)  :)   and then the mind got thinking

Rights traded yesterday 

According to sharenet.co.za for AEGN. Yesterday was the last day to trade take up the rights offer? 

#303 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

I thought the question was short term movement, so that is what I would hope to see very soon. I would hope for greater upwards movement later on, with better results, and a bigger or a still growing order book.
I also think in the very short term, one may be able to pick up shares again at 2cents, as I do think some people have made big mistakes, and will just want to sell, once they have had to pay for their rights.

It was short term. I just realised that 7c is 300% profits (post rights)  :)   and then the mind got thinking

#304 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:43 AM

I thought the question was short term movement, so that is what I would hope to see very soon. I would hope for greater upwards movement later on, with better results, and a bigger or a still growing order book.
I also think in the very short term, one may be able to pick up shares again at 2cents, as I do think some people have made big mistakes, and will just want to sell, once they have had to pay for their rights.

#305 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:35 AM

Morning. Yes, I do see a small adjustment upwards once the rights issue, and allocation, and confirmation of debt repayment has been completed.
Depending on if there is any other news, I would hope for early movement of between 5 and 7 cents.

It is going to be very difficult to keep the position open at 7c.... But the end goal is R1 ( depending on time and news, hoping for R3 .... time will tell ) 

#306 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:01 AM

Morning. Yes, I do see a small adjustment upwards once the rights issue, and allocation, and confirmation of debt repayment has been completed.
Depending on if there is any other news, I would hope for early movement of between 5 and 7 cents.

#307 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:54 PM

Morning all. So does everyone have the required funds ready and waiting for their rights......
Will be very interesting watch and see what happens after this is all finalized......
Goodluck

Are you expecting any changes to the share price in the near term?

#308 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

Morning all. So does everyone have the required funds ready and waiting for their rights......
Will be very interesting watch and see what happens after this is all finalized......
Goodluck

#309 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:18 AM

Goodluck

#310 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

I see there was a sens outvyeaterday, about coronation reducing their holding from 6.something to 4.something.
Wonder if they doing what I did. Sell some at the 4c and 3 cent mark.....and then to buy the higher rights issue at 1,5cents.
Will be interesting to watch this space in the next few days.

#311 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:29 PM

I think there are more than a few people who don't understand the difference etc, and the fact that they still have to pay the extra

I can concur with AMG on this. Probably more than half the day traders .. non institutional traders who know that..... but also...  as bad as it is, buying the share at 3,5c... .it hopefully means more people holding on to the share at 4'c and us possibly seeing 6c on account of them holding out for profits 

#312 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:05 PM

I think there are more than a few people who don't understand the difference etc, and the fact that they still have to pay the extra

#313 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:50 PM

Why are there buyers of the AEGN (Nil Paid Letters ) at 2 cents ? If my understanding is correct to take part in the rights issues it will cost a further 1,5 cents so 3,5 cents in total. Surely its better to just buy the AEG shares which are freely available at 3 cents ?

Edited by Tonyh199, 03 March 2021 - 06:51 PM.

#314 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

That would be amazing to begin with.....:)

#315 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:52 PM

On a different thread came across this site 

https://simplywall.s...eg/aveng-shares

Sounds all very technical and reliable and well thought out..... 

Fair Value put at : R1,02  

#316 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:12 PM

From my side, I think it will be interesting to see what sort of announcements come out wrt the debt being paid off, and the other portion converted at 5c a share. I think the share price may go to between 4 and 6 cents, at some point around there.......
The moment we get updates on projects been added to the order book and maybe updates in the media, I feel that will start the share price to increase upwards.
After the rights issue is completed, my average should be less than 2cents per share......

#317 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:42 PM

Where do we think Aveng share price will go, once the rights offer etc has been completed.
Any takers?

My quick guess :I think it will hover around 3 to 4 cents until the 2021 figures are released. Management set a target of R1bn profit .  They were not specific as to when but for the first 6 months of 2021 the company achieved R438m so it could be close to R1bn for the year (especially with reduced finance charges following the rights issue). The interim EPS was 2,3cents. However with the number of shares in issue increasing from 20 billion to 47 billion , EPS for the full year could be around 2.1cents . With a multiple of 10  this could put the share at 20 cents in the next 18 months. 

#318 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

Where do we think Aveng share price will go, once the rights offer etc has been completed.
Any takers?

Based on no technical analysis whatsoever I'm feeling the following .....  

It will probably stay between 3c and 4c until the next set of interim results, I'm sensing about 10c in a year from now. 

We might see R1 in 18 to 24months from now and then depending on the results probably maybe even R3 in 36 months. 

a Conservative estimation based on nothing but a magic cueball and hope 

#319 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:19 AM

Sorry, meant to add, as this would include the paying down and converting the debt as well

#320 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:19 AM

Any takers?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting