AEGN now @2c :)

#322 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:55 AM

My greater concern is liquidity in the market. There are several small/medium cap firms on the JSE that have impressive financials, but the share price doesn't move. It appears the large cap firms gather what little liquidity there is. 

A share consolidation (pushing price higher) would help with liquidity.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#323 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

There is now a **** load of shares at 3c.....allot of people bought over the last couple days at 4c....eish...the stock market

Share price could just be re-rating since rights issue opens today.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#324 Spolle

Spolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:22 AM

I've owned AEG (and followed this forum) for a couple of years now, and feel confident that the company is successfully turning around.

McDonnell Dowel seems to be doing very well in Aus: They've picked up several construction awards, landed a number of government-paying projects, and the employee reviews online are impressive (which is always a good sign). 

Moolmans is also looking solid, and if the global economy is indeed going into a commodity cycle then they may profit from that, too.

My greater concern is liquidity in the market. There are several small/medium cap firms on the JSE that have impressive financials, but the share price doesn't move. It appears the large cap firms gather what little liquidity there is. 

I'm also assuming that if the rand goes to pot (which is quite likely given SA's inability to service its debt) there may be even less liquidity as foreign investors shy away from the currency. 

This leads me to believe that Aveng may have to seek liquidity elsewhere. What that means for the share price (and share holders) I don't know.   

On the upside, the share price is above its 200-day moving average, which has been tracking upwards since mid last year. Whether that means anything at these prices, who knows, but hopefully it will act as support for a new push upwards. 

Going to be interesting to see how this all pans out, but I think it's safe to say that we're still several years away from seeing any significant price action. 

#325 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:14 AM

And now we will see what starts to happen.
Crazy end to the trading day yesterday though for Aveng

#326 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:07 PM

There is now a **** load of shares at 3c.....allot of people bought over the last couple days at 4c....eish...the stock market

and the stock market sells the news .... again

#327 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:33 PM

#328 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:15 PM

Very good article in mining weekly.....

#329 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:20 AM

New sens out this morning. Looks positive. Let's see what happens today

Only thing I read was .... Asset value 10c / share :)  

#330 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:48 AM

New sens out this morning. Looks positive. Let's see what happens today

#331 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:01 AM

Sorry.... selling a few

#332 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

I am seeking a few at 4cents, to enable me to take rights option at 1.5cents. Will lower my average to 2 cents as well.
I am extremely positive on aveng and the future. I do see movement on the share price upwards, as the negatives will be a lot less with the debt manageable very soon.
Await results as well,

Goodluck all.

#333 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:03 PM

I haven yet purchased any shares as other "things"  came up and needed to use that money.

I will some $$ in march but wondering if it will be too late then.

Also, this company need a lot of turning around still. Probably will be 4/3 cents for a long while still.... 

#334 Junz

Junz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:37 PM

I'm going with taking advantage of the rights offer. Currently trading at 4c, rights offer giving you shares at 1,5c. Not seeing how you wouldn't want to take advantage. 

I haven yet purchased any shares as other "things"  came up and needed to use that money.

I will some $$ in march but wondering if it will be too late then.

#335 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

Hi all,

What would the price be per share once the rights offer has been finalized on the JSE ?

what is the general consensus ?  - Should one wait for the rights offer to finalize and then purchase shares or the other way around ( ie:purchase shares to take advantage of the rights offer )

Thanks in advance

I'm going with taking advantage of the rights offer. Currently trading at 4c, rights offer giving you shares at 1,5c. Not seeing how you wouldn't want to take advantage. 

#336 Junz

Junz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:58 PM

Hi all,

What would the price be per share once the rights offer has been finalized on the JSE ?

what is the general consensus ?  - Should one wait for the rights offer to finalize and then purchase shares or the other way around ( ie:purchase shares to take advantage of the rights offer )

Thanks in advance

#337 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:46 PM

Oh.. FNB securities?... I should probably one day start using that. I'm still on the normal Share Investor account 

Not saying that FNB Securities is the best platform, but it was one of the best moves I made to get away from the basic FNB Share Investor account (they transferred mine for free by the way). The biggest bonus for me was being able to cancel/edit any pending order, which the basic investor accounts didn't allow. 

Sorry for the hijack.

#338 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:38 PM

Using FNB.
As a safety i was doing it in stages. The first 3 sell orders have gone through. So all good

Oh.. FNB securities?... I should probably one day start using that. I'm still on the normal Share Investor account 

#339 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:32 PM

Using FNB.
As a safety i was doing it in stages. The first 3 sell orders have gone through. So all good

#340 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:08 PM

Where does one see the shares on offer? 

I'm guessing 1.7B shares bought at 1c and selling at 4c isn't a bad profit? 

Depends on the trading platform you use. I use Std Bank and you can see the depth (list of 5 bids and 5 offers based on price).

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting